GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Daughters Employer Doesn't Give Holiday Pay - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daughters Employer Doesn't Give Holiday Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Daughters Employer Doesn't Give Holiday Pay

If the other part timer works same hours as you then you should get the same entitlement. End Of. Something sounds fishy about your employer too. !!!!!!

How many days do you get for hours worked and how many does the other get and their hours ?

I'll look into the holidays they are booking for you too.... just incase it's changed. Still sure they can only do this a couple of times a year. So they could make you take a week off twice a year, but the other 3 weeks holidays would be yours to book yourself as long as you give them notice. They cant tell you when to take ALL your holidays.
    Last edited by billypre; 21 March 2011, 23:47.
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

They don't tell me when to take them all, just these 2 as I went to HR and asked how many days I had left (they'll be gone at the end of March if I don't take them but my boss told me I didn't have any when I had 2 days left to take) They phoned me a couple of weeks at home to tell me and told me that they've booked them for next weeks as it's the only days they could give me!

I have no idea how many days I get as no-one will tell me! I've tried to ask but they just blank me, it's really annoying!

What would you expect from a company that banned staff from wearing poppies?!
      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Anyway I have to run just now...Thanks for taking the time to chat!

xx

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
          What would you expect from a company that banned staff from wearing poppies?!

WOW !!

Ahhh i see. Well then they could be right. Still sux that they told you no initially. Do you not have a contract ? Don't see why they wouldn't tell you how many ours you have......... oh, unless they are hiding something lol.

Nite Ang
          I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

after dealing with this grievance at work for nearly 4 months, i can absolutely say that employment law is full of grey areas. Its a disgrace but mostly it seems you don't get anywhere unless you take them to a tribunal, seems ridiculous that you have to go to that extent in 2011 to be treated fairly. Our core problem as some of you will know was bullying, there is NO bullying in the eyes of the lae, its got to be specific to one of the other discriminations, ie race, sex etc. routine!!! bullying, making someones life a misery sort of stuff , doesn't count unless they are doing it because you are a woman, black, gay etc. sorry Cherry for hijacking your thread, it just makes me so mad that these people think they can get away with such behavior and they do cos there is no effective way of stopping them.

Comment

Absolutely agree Dopey, bullying is disgusting and is, in my experience, totally widespread in almost all workplaces. It shouldn't be allowed to happen in 2011, or at least, if it does, there should be laws protecting the victims. Very sad indeed.

Comment

Hiya all,

Its shocking to hear all sorts of problems people are having with employment. Its hard enough getting a job and do the right thing but when you do get one to be treated correctly in some work places just seems too much to ask for.

Well my daughter has been asked to do another shift per week. This is because the landlords are wanting her to do an NVQ in some managerial area, but she needed to work a certain amount of hours to allow her to do it.

The landlords are planning their first holiday together and have asked my daughter to take over running the pub while they are away. Thankfully my daughter the presence of mind to say she would consider it providing it was worth her while and she would expect more than the minimum wage.

We are thinking about going to CAB sometime this week, hopefully speaking to someone face to face may help rather than talking on the phone.

Comment

A usefull link about Employment contracts
                  http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ns/DG_10027905
                  It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
                    Yeah I'm still there, I get 'annual leave' but I want my BH's too!

Are Scottish Bank Holidays not different from English? (well, a couple of them anyway!)

Yeah my BIL works for Angs company too heres how it works. Hes FT so he gets his holiday days which include Stat holidays *BH* they are different in Scotland then in England.

You legally don't get a BH off especially in hospitality hence they make you sign the working time directive thing. but you aren't entitled you are entitled to a day in lieu which is included in the holidays you get per year.

Now with that company you have to take your holidays before March I believe or you loose them thats not against the law its their right to say that and no they don't have to pay you out.

Ive seent the contracts for angs company they are pretty good and well writen. But part-timers are different you aren't entitled to the same amount of days of holiday and sadly they can make you take holidays when it suits them

I know many companies ask staff to reserve X days for the christmas period etc.

and I hate to say it holidays are the employees responsibility to keep track off -- esp since companies will try to get out of givin them.

Comment

Originally posted by CherryCup View Post
                      Hiya all,

Its shocking to hear all sorts of problems people are having with employment. Its hard enough getting a job and do the right thing but when you do get one to be treated correctly in some work places just seems too much to ask for.

Well my daughter has been asked to do another shift per week. This is because the landlords are wanting her to do an NVQ in some managerial area, but she needed to work a certain amount of hours to allow her to do it.

The landlords are planning their first holiday together and have asked my daughter to take over running the pub while they are away. Thankfully my daughter the presence of mind to say she would consider it providing it was worth her while and she would expect more than the minimum wage.

We are thinking about going to CAB sometime this week, hopefully speaking to someone face to face may help rather than talking on the phone.
                      I can't remember if this was mentioned but have you jsut asked them about this holiday pay obviously they value your daughter and unlike the last guy who could have been a tool maybe they will just talk to her about it?

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                        Yeah my BIL works for Angs company too heres how it works. Hes FT so he gets his holiday days which include Stat holidays *BH* they are different in Scotland then in England.

You legally don't get a BH off especially in hospitality hence they make you sign the working time directive thing. but you aren't entitled you are entitled to a day in lieu which is included in the holidays you get per year.

Now with that company you have to take your holidays before March I believe or you loose them thats not against the law its their right to say that and no they don't have to pay you out.

Ive seent the contracts for angs company they are pretty good and well writen. But part-timers are different you aren't entitled to the same amount of days of holiday and sadly they can make you take holidays when it suits them

and I hate to say it holidays are the employees responsibility to keep track off -- esp since companies will try to get out of givin them.
                        We don't work for the actual company Jen, we work on behalf of the main company, under the same umbrella as it were but we are employed by a seperate company therefore our contracts are different.

The F.T contracts are fine but there are a couple of grey areas in the P.T contracts and also the contracts for employees on a salary and those on hourly pay.

Although A.L is the employee's responsibility to work out, if someone tells you have no entitlement left and then announces you have some, that can't be all the employee's fault

Comment

They can, but i'm sure they can only set "specific" dates once or twice a year.

Ive seent the contracts for angs company they are pretty good and well writen. But part-timers are different you aren't entitled to the same amount of days of holiday and sadly they can make you take holidays when it suits them.

They should surely still be the same holidays, but on a pro-rata basis ? As i said before, i'm pretty sure they can't continually tell you when to take holidays specifically.

and I hate to say it holidays are the employees responsibility to keep track off -- esp since companies will try to get out of givin them..
                          Absolutely, with the exception that Ange doesn't even know how many she has to begin with as they won't tell her lol

Comment

It will be in the contract.

But ya they can tell you when to take holidays because in hospitality there are slow periods so they offer you holiday time or no pay time.

Comment

~OK gotcha, but what im saying is you still have a choice surely ? I mean, you could take no pay and have your holidays later in the year or whenever allows ? I'm saying i dont think they can say, here are your 12 days holiday and we have booked you in on these days like it or not.

Comment

I finally found out what holidays I get...9.2 days a year!

Comment

Working...
                                X