GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Redundancy advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redundancy advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy advice

Wife has heard through the grapevine that her new bosses are planning to close their office and relocate to another which is too far away to travel so will no doubt offer her redundancy. The issue is she's 4 months away from being on maternity so they have effectively made her unemployable with anyone else as no one would hire someone who's set to be off for 12 months shortly after starting. Does she have any valid reason for an argument in this regard?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Redundancy advice

This information sheet might be useful in telling her what her rights are with regards to redundancy - http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/si...redundancy.pdf

Our resident expert tastyjane is brilliant with all things "employment" related...
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X