GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Medical Appointments - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical Appointments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Appointments

Anyone know what the situation is with medical appointments?

Not general Docs, but hospital appointments for congenital medical conditions which happen to fall under DDA. (if needs be)

Also, person is a contractor and falls outside of "normal process" (for permanent staff) Time needed also happens to fall within a lock down period, due to the number of holidays that will be requested - people will get some, but not all that have been requested (or at least that is the most likely situation)

Opinion is it should be granted, as it would to FT perm staff as its medical, but there is an element of doubt.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Medical Appointments

MrD's contractors have to use their own time for med appts, even an emergency as they have to submit timesheets every week

Comment

No issues using my own time / holiday time MrsD - issue is not if I can demand time off per se - its whether I will be granted the time off based on work levels against FTE count.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I don't think they have the option to refuse as long as you produce evidence of the appointment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
          I don't think they have the option to refuse as long as you produce evidence of the appointment
          Thats my feeling as well.

Comment

the other option would be that they are prepared to endanger your health for their workload..........................that'd be lovely at a tribunal...................................

Comment

Working...
            X