GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ministers end A4e contract for welfare-to-work scheme - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ministers end A4e contract for welfare-to-work scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministers end A4e contract for welfare-to-work scheme

The government has ended a contract with welfare-to-work company A4e after deciding that continuing would be "too great a risk", it has said.
    Employment minister Chris Grayling said the Mandatory Work Activity contract to help up to 1,000 jobless people in south-east England find work would end.
    The firm is the subject of a police investigation into allegations of fraud relating to government schemes.
    An eighth employee of A4e was arrested on Monday.
    Seven other people are on bail until dates in late May, June and July.

BBC News - Ministers end A4e contract for welfare-to-work scheme

Well this is a start and welcome news from Govt for a change, but now they must do the same for ATOS.

Re: Ministers end A4e contract for welfare-to-work scheme

Its former chairman, Emma Harrison, was appointed by Prime Minister David Cameron to be the government's "family champion" in 2010.
    She resigned from that role, and the chairmanship, in February, saying she did not want the "media focus on me to be any distraction for A4e".

Says it all about this Govt really LOL
    I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Working...
    X