GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Man Saws Off His Own Foot To Avoid Work - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man Saws Off His Own Foot To Avoid Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Saws Off His Own Foot To Avoid Work

An unemployed Austrian man has sawed off his left foot, apparently to avoid being found fit enough to go back to work.

Police said the "desperate" 56-year-old man deliberately sliced it off above the ankle with a mechanical saw and threw it into an oven.
    The man, from Mitterlabill in southern Austria, then hobbled into his garage and called an ambulance. He sliced his foot off just a few hours before he was due to have a health check with the labour department on whether he was fit to work, Austrian broadcaster ORF reported. When police arrived, the man was still conscious but had lost a lot of blood, local police chief Franz Fasching said. Emergency services "looked in the oven and were able to recover the foot," Mr Fasching said. "The foot was taken the hospital but it was so badly burned that it cannot be sewn back on." The man was flown to hospital in Graz, where he was said to be in a stable condition......Read more here--: Austrian Man Saws Off His Foot And Threw It In Oven To Avoid Going To Work |
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Man Saws Off His Own Foot To Avoid Work

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

A bit extreme I think

Comment

If he was due an ATOS medical that wouldnt have stopped him working

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
          If he was due an ATOS pseudo-medical that wouldnt have stopped him working
          Nor would chopping off his head.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
            An unemployed Austrian man has sawed off his left foot, apparently to avoid being found fit enough to go back to work.

Police said the "desperate" 56-year-old man deliberately sliced it off above the ankle with a mechanical saw and threw it into an oven.
            The man, from Mitterlabill in southern Austria, then hobbled into his garage and called an ambulance. He sliced his foot off just a few hours before he was due to have a health check with the labour department on whether he was fit to work, Austrian broadcaster ORF reported. When police arrived, the man was still conscious but had lost a lot of blood, local police chief Franz Fasching said. Emergency services "looked in the oven and were able to recover the foot," Mr Fasching said. "The foot was taken the hospital but it was so badly burned that it cannot be sewn back on." The man was flown to hospital in Graz, where he was said to be in a stable condition......Read more here--: Austrian Man Saws Off His Foot And Threw It In Oven To Avoid Going To Work |

Silly fool! that is very extreme!

Comment

Maybe he got scared by tales of the DWP over here and thought it meant
              Dispense With Peripherals..

Comment

It's really awful for it to have come to this though!

Lots of claimants are very scared of losing out what most are entitled to.
                Sad what the guy done, he obviously got himself very worked up!!

Comment

I know...he must have been in a terrible state, poor man> The irony of it is that he'd probably have qualified on mental health grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
                    I know...he must have been in a terrible state, poor man> The irony of it is that he'd probably have qualified on mental health grounds.

Yes exactly, I do really hope they realise what this is doing to people, this for example, poor guy, I know I said fool earlier, but OMG, as said he did get himself really worked up into doing this.

Comment

Working...
                    X