GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Re-mortgage application forms query? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-mortgage application forms query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re-mortgage application forms query?

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
    Your case is getting stranger all the time, If you haven't already, I would accept the offer , but put in writing that if there is anything strange in the docs you can reject it.

The reason I say this is, I'm still worried that they may change their minds on this.

Hi

Yes its all done and dusted, not mentioned anything about the other matter of why they raised it, just still waiting for the new paperwork they said they would send but still not arrived, terms and conds etc.

Comment

Received info today, the same as the previous agreement, only that the Sub account one is currently that of 2.5%, standard and variable mortgage rate.

And another thing too so strange as we did not end up mentioning it to them at all (because we didnt want to take any risks in the end) but we didn't have to thankfully, they enclosed a letter with the above to say they mistakenly adjusted the Sub 2 account and have put it back to what the offer had offered and signed for and apologised for the mistake they made.

Wonder if they been reading on here "oops".

Comment

20 years and 2 months left on the mortgage.

Comment

Standard variable rate usually has no early redemption penalties attached to it, but double check hun (for your own peace of mind).

It would start with something along the lines of:

"If the mortgage is redeemed (either fully or in part) prior to xx/xx/xx ....."

I am delighted for you that all seems to be going swimmingly in your favour
          If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

very cool

Comment

Just to add, in the event of no "early redemption" clause, you are free to make overpayments to your interest bearing account with no problems. Meaning you can pay it off nice and early should you so wish.

Double check how they work with overpayments; some only use the money at the end of the financial year to reduce the balance (meaning you get no benefit from overpaying throughout the year) so would be better shoving the money in a savings account and part redeeming the mortgage once a year.
              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                Standard variable rate usually has no early redemption penalties attached to it, but double check hun (for your own peace of mind).

It would start with something along the lines of:

"If the mortgage is redeemed (either fully or in part) prior to xx/xx/xx ....."

I am delighted for you that all seems to be going swimmingly in your favour

Will do thank you.

Yes I am chuffed to beans and feel very lucky too.
                For them to have looked into this matter at all, even though we did not take it any further previously it is a nice surprise.

Can't grumble at all. Cheers.

Comment

When hubby awake from nights, we will go through this together, and check on every single wording, see what is what.

Fab advice, thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    When hubby awake from nights, we will go through this together, and check on every single wording, see what is what.

Fab advice, thank you again.
                    Hi Di,

Hope your are okay and your son is okay too.

There is no redemption charges on your mortgage if you are on the SVR.

I am sorry I haven't read the rest of your thread but, I am assuming that you are re-mortgaging? If you have a good credit rate and you have a good amount of equity there are some fantastic deals around now and the Banks are in major competition with each other.

This was my job before I became very ill as a Mortgage Advisor. There are some great Tracker Mortgages around and fixed depending on what you feel is the best option for you. Just be careful of the initial charges that they have added to these 'great' deals, but, I am sure you probably know about these.

Flossy x

Comment

• Re: Re-mortgage application forms query?

Originally posted by Flossy View Post
                      Hi Di,

Hope your are okay and your son is okay too.

There is no redemption charges on your mortgage if you are on the SVR.

I am sorry I haven't read the rest of your thread but, I am assuming that you are re-mortgaging? If you have a good credit rate and you have a good amount of equity there are some fantastic deals around now and the Banks are in major competition with each other.

This was my job before I became very ill as a Mortgage Advisor. There are some great Tracker Mortgages around and fixed depending on what you feel is the best option for you. Just be careful of the initial charges that they have added to these 'great' deals, but, I am sure you probably know about these.

Flossy x

Hi hun

Hope your well and all ok thank you.

Thank you for the info, that is interesting to know.

We are not currently remortgaging, but we did remortgage in 2007 and there was a few issues with the paperwork and mistakes etc, which have now been put right.

A BIG thank you though, it's good to know. xx

Comment

Working...
                      X