GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Re-mortgage application forms query? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-mortgage application forms query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re-mortgage application forms query?

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Oh right, I shall keep looking anyway.

If I wanted to sell my property in the near future (I am thinking about it), would I need these details?

Also for benefit reasons (if required in time) as they do tend to ask for paperwork. Hopefully I will never need them for these reasons though, but they do ask for copies of mortgage applications for proof etc.

Cheers.
    If you sell , you would just ask for a redemption statement and that would tell you everything you need.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      If you sell , you would just ask for a redemption statement and that would tell you everything you need.
      Cheers, that is cool.

So in regards of benefits, would the mortgage agreement do?
      Thanks.

Comment

We are hoping to put house on market maybe by middle of this year, but that is fine.

Back when we first taken out a mortgage 2003, a few months after my hubby was made redundant, okay we have/had insurance to cover this but had to make a claim for JSA, they required the application form to use as proof for the claim, even though we did not have to make an interest claim from them, it's part of their procedures.

Our provider then was Chelsea BS.

Comment

We are hoping to put house on market maybe by middle of this year, but that is fine.

Back when we first taken out a mortgage 2003, a few months after my hubby was made redundant, okay we have/had insurance to cover this but had to make a claim for JSA, they required the application form to use as proof for the claim, even though we did not have to make an interest claim from them, it's part of their procedures.

Our provider then was Chelsea BS.
          I'm surprised they wanted a application form, as that doesn't tell them the details of your current interest repayment or balance.

Comment

I'm surprised they wanted a application form, as that doesn't tell them the details of your current interest repayment or balance.
            Hi

The JSA dept asked for proof of the mortgage, so it was the application form we provided at the time (when it was with Chelsea BS then).
            They had taken a copy to keep for themselves, we did not have to claim anything from them though, but I think they had to know of what was coming in and going out, where we gave statements and proof that we did have a mortgage in case we had to claim on the interest in the future (if no insurance or if it runs out), I guess.

However, as it was some time ago, we may have provided more mortgage details which included the interest repayment etc at the same time.
            Last edited by di30; 7 March 2012, 18:20.

Comment

On the earlier application (the one we did not take out), the rate shown on that particular one is that of FIX 5.89% 3 YR, so at least that never changed for the one that was taken out, and as shown on the above post paperwork the rate is the same. Shouldn't be an issue then.

Comment

The mortgage advisor said that the mortgage loan agreement is the same as the mortgage offer letter, he emailed to confirm today as below.

Good Afternoon
                I confirm that the Mortgage Loan Agreement and the Offer Letter are the same document.
                Regards

Comment

The mortgage advisor said that the mortgage loan agreement is the same as the mortgage offer letter, he emailed to confirm today as below.

Good Afternoon
                  I confirm that the Mortgage Loan Agreement and the Offer Letter are the same document.
                  Regards
                  I suppose there is no reason why they shouldn't be the same , if you sign and return them they would have the same function.!!!!

Comment

I suppose there is no reason why they shouldn't be the same , if you sign and return them they would have the same function.!!!!

Yes that is true.
                    And at least the mortgage loan agreement does have the correct details, the mortgage amount and so on, so not a problem, I will use this paperwork in the future if I need to for anything, cheers for your help.

Comment

Something has come to mind, not that I am going to complain about it but it's in relation of the HMRC/Inland Revenue.

Even though I do have a copy of the actual mortgage loan agreement, no details of our income are enclosed on there, obviously just the details of the mortgage we did take on.

Now as they have only the one application form, do you remember me stating that the form was mainly completed (pre - inked) and the adviser just completed in the remaining?
                      Well we did question about the wrong income added and we do recall they said it will be put right, (please note as said before, we were only given the back page to sign when it was completed and we received a copy in the post later on, where we had then noted the error), so we did raise the matter of asking where they got the wrong amount of income on the form, but as that actual application did not go ahead, we then assumed that it was not used for the mortgage we had taken out anyway, so left it like that.

Yes the application should have been fully checked before signing and it should have been handed to us to do so, we know that now, and how naive we was as such.

We did offer to take in payslips, but he said as the mortgage was being taken out with their own product there was no need and they will use the details they have on statements/files.

My concern is now the HMRC, did not think of this before and I know it's a few years on, but as there is no separate form for the mortgage we did take, and the copies they have been sending is that of the original where the income is still wrong.

I have been claiming tax credits for a number of years, and concerned if this matter arises with them?

I'm probably just being paranoid lol, a borne worrier lol.

Thanks.

Comment

Does HMRC have anything to do with mortgage application forms from when we taken out the remortgage? (because of wrong income on form) even though we did not take out that actual one.

Sorry if a silly question, just curious really, just don't want this to be an issue if anything arises from it.
                        I understand they do now.

Comment

Not worried about this now, matter closed.

Comment

Forgot to post up further on this, just as I was about to forget about it.

Am pretty confused really, but received a letter out of the blue on the weekend and the mortgage adviser (who in my opinion is a very nice guy), he states that he have contacted customer care as he is also baffled on a few matters in regards of the mortgage paperwork, and will be in touch soon.

I have emailed to ask what this supposed to entail , maybe he will get back to me tomorrow, but I know we did raise matters up about the paperwork before, but thought that was all in hand and sorted.
                            Totally confused now.

Comment

Emailed Customer Care to find out what is going on, because the mortgage adviser said he passed details on to them to get this looked into, but I am very baffled, and going to try contacting them again, for some reason it has been passed to the PPI section, I would have known if there was PPI added to the mortgage by them surely.
                              The email states, "thank you for forwarding us the details of the mortgage account", but that was not us that was as stated earlier our mortgage adviser!

What on earth is going on???

Email received just now..........

Dear

Thank you for your recent communication. It is very important to us to ensure that our customers receive competent yet helpful and friendly advice, during any business dealings they may have with us and I am sorry to hear that you have had cause to voice your concerns with the Business.

Thank you for providing the further information in relation to your Mortgage Account. This has been logged as a new complaint under reference CC/****** and a letter of acknowledgement has been sent to your home address today together with a questionnaire to gather your complaint details in full.

Under the guidelines from the F.S.A we now have up to 8 weeks to complete our investigation. Should you have not heard from us by the end of the 8 weeks then please do not hesitate to contact me at PPI.Customer.Relations@ltsb.co.uk.

Yours sincerely

P
                              Operations Manager
                              Customer Services PPI Group Operations

Comment

I have emailed them again and told them whatever the query is sent from the mortgage adviser, it would not have been PPI related, for a start my cover for the mortgage was not purchased from them, I have a stand alone one.

They said, the info may have been sent to that dept by mistake, but a form for ppi is on the way and to complete for as soon as possible, how strange.

I have tried contacting the adviser again but he is not available right now, so left him a further email to find out what is going on.

Comment

Working...
                                X