GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Re-mortgage application forms query? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re-mortgage application forms query?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re-mortgage application forms query?

It's ironic really that they're doing this for misselling yet they still don't get it right...by suggest the least beneficial (to Di) option of making payments off the interest free loan rather than advising her to clear the interest loaded debt, as you would to your clients MGF.

Comment

A good result Di, well done!

A couple of words of caution. With regards to the £54,000 loan on which interest will be charged. Does this have any built in T&C's regarding overpayment, redemption or part redemption? If it is on a fixed, capped or discounted rate (sorry I haven't read the whole thread) sometimes early repayment by any of the above methods can cause you to incur a penalty charge.

Providing no penalty exists, then, the rate of interest charged on the mortgage would need to be lower than you can get in a savings account to make it worth having savings. If it is higher, then any extra you can pay towards it will reduce the term.

From what they say in their letter, providing you don't sell or remortgage, they are quite happy to let the sub-loan (without interest) sit there for 20 years, even if the main mortgage has been paid off? This being the case, you can then use excess income to save, gain interest, and then pay of the interest free loan when due.

A right result, but please, carefully check T&C's before overpaying.

diddly x

ps. is this an interest only or repayment mortgage?
      Last edited by diddlydee; 25 May 2012, 12:42.
      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherdess View Post
        LOL aye..good point...same principle..I suppose it's down to what the loan interest rate is compared to what savings rates are available. Eg my mortgage is 0.5% above base rate so if I was in same situation wouldn't I be better off with a 4% ISA?
        Our self-cert is 6%

We'd be worse off
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

ouch!!

Comment

Wow thank you all, you've all been amazing.
            Just handed the letter to hubby now he's arrived in from work.

Will come back to re-read your posts folks, thank you all.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
              A good result Di, well done!

A couple of words of caution. With regards to the £54,000 loan on which interest will be charged. Does this have any built in T&C's regarding overpayment, redemption or part redemption? If it is on a fixed, capped or discounted rate (sorry I haven't read the whole thread) sometimes early repayment by any of the above methods can cause you to incur a penalty charge.

Providing no penalty exists, then, the rate of interest charged on the mortgage would need to be lower than you can get in a savings account to make it worth having savings. If it is higher, then any extra you can pay towards it will reduce the term.

From what they say in their letter, providing you don't sell or remortgage, they are quite happy to let the sub-loan (without interest) sit there for 20 years, even if the main mortgage has been paid off? This being the case, you can then use excess income to save, gain interest, and then pay of the interest free loan when due.

A right result, but please, carefully check T&C's before overpaying.

diddly x

ps. is this an interest only or repayment mortgage?

Thank you, yes this is a repayment mortgage.

Good point on the T@C's.
              We are to let them know by 28 days, and if we agree, they state everything will be set up as new, so I will also make sure that will include the above as you mentioned.

Excellent posts from you all, thank you.

Comment

Sounds like a really good deal Di! Very pleased for you!

Comment

Di,

WOW you really are on a roll, well done

Comment

sounds cushty Di

well done, just make sure you get everything in absolute triplicate with bells, 20 years is a long time, gawd know what may happen to banks in that time, so you need to be watertight.

great result though

Comment

I'll be more than happy to check thru any t&c's hun xx
                      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Thank you all so much.

The one dealing with it is now away until 06 June, my mortgage payment generally comes out the 10th of every month, so I expect we should have new paperwork to sign enclosed with new T@C's as well, will certainly be making sure on that before signing anything, as we want to know what is what too, overpayments and so.
                        I expect the new monthly repayment will then kick off from July, that's my guess anyway.

Lots of very good thoughts and ideas from you all folks, thanks again, both myself and hubby appreciate it big time. XxX

Comment

Still not signed yet, waiting for the one dealing with it to come back from her hols next Weds, need to check a few things out first, such as T&C's etc, new paperwork and so on.

However, we just have 28 days as from the date of the offer to send it back.

Comment

I still find it hard to believe they have done this, in my 20 plus years in the industry I have never heard anything like it.

I'm so happy for you that for once the banks have done a good thing, without you even really asking for it

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
                              I still find it hard to believe they have done this, in my 20 plus years in the industry I have never heard anything like it.

I'm so happy for you that for once the banks have done a good thing, without you even really asking for it
                              I agree, it was the fact that I previously questioned about the app details then left it be, they contacted us out of the blue to say they were looking into things, and then this as a result, can't fault them.

Thanks so much for your help.

Comment

Paperwork due to come through soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X