GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Washing machine fire - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washing machine fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Washing machine fire

Originally posted by di30 View Post
    Claims timescales

We'll do our utmost to handle your claim as quickly and efficiently as possible and we'll:
    • Strive to respond to your claim within 24 hours
    • Respond to all correspondence within 5 working days
    • Issue settlement cheques within 24 hours of receiving the required documentation
    • Save you hassle and worry at every stage.
    That looks very efficient. Have you got a receipt for the original appliance (unlikely since it was a long time ago). Or have you got the make and model number so they can source a similar replacement or give you the money to buy your own? Some policies provide New For Old cover (i.e. exactly the same as it originally cost however many years have gone by) while others deduct wear and tear from the original price.

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
      That looks very efficient. Have you got a receipt for the original appliance (unlikely since it was a long time ago). Or have you got the make and model number so they can source a similar replacement or give you the money to buy your own? Some policies provide New For Old cover (i.e. exactly the same as it originally cost however many years have gone by) while others deduct wear and tear from the original price.
      As the kitchen came as a package with built in white goods I do not have the indvidual receipt, but they do have a copy of the model numbers and a photo of it as well. Its been about 7 years x

Comment

Sorted! they are sending just under £450 to my account and that is taking into account the excess!
        Happy.com

Comment

Sorted! they are sending just under £450 to my account and that is taking into account the excess!
          Happy.com
          That's brilliant news Di! No more hand-washing

You can probably get a decent washing machine on the internet for £200 and pocket the difference. Happy days

Comment

Originally posted by planB View Post
            That's brilliant news Di! No more hand-washing

You can probably get a decent washing machine on the internet for £200 and pocket the difference. Happy days
            LOL!!!! thanks hun and also for yours and everyones help and support xxx

Comment

Happy.com
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I seen a lovely one, its a freestanding, Samsung at £549.99 at Currys, think I will check it out online too.

Does anyone know of good named online sites for me to check on please, will see if I can get the same for cheaper?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househo....html#longDesc

Thanks again all x

Comment

I may have got the model wrong but it's coming in at as little as £339 on here

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=samsung+...48750607244164

Comment

Sale here http://www.very.co.uk/samsung-wf70f5...prmpa&istBid=t

Comment

Ooh thank you my darlings, loves you all xxxx

Comment

I'm still undecided but have a few days to think about it, as it should be towards the end of this week the money should be in my account.

May I ask what brands you would go for in your personal choice and any no-no's please?

I have over the years had hoover and indesit, but Indesit I would never have again.

I am at the moment thinking good makes: Hotpoint/Samsung/LG/ maybe Zanussi, but unsure about BEKO/BUSH/CANDY.

Any suggestions please with your own personal views/experience, thank you all in advance x

Comment

I came across an appliance site, looks pretty good, have you heard of them?

http://ao.com/washing-machines/washing-machines.aspx

Comment

Hello Di,

I get all my appliances from this place http://ao.com/washing-machines/washing-machines.aspx

They are bang on the button and I can recommend them. I got my 11kg load Hotpoint from these just under a year ago and my tall fridge freezer. I had them within 24 hours for only £9.99 delivery, if not you get the goods within 2 days. They even deliver on a Sunday?
                            Also they still have the sale on, so save yourself a few quid also .......Happy shopping

Jules

Comment

Hi again,

I just want to give you an example of the price difference between a high street retailer and this website I use.

My machine in currys is ..........http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househo...90072-pdt.html £499

And the same machine on ao.com is ..........http://ao.com/product/AQ113F497E-Hot...T%20AQ113F497E £416.

That's a saving of £83 in your back pocket or £73 if you choose next day delivery.

Just take a look and see for yourself

Jules xx

Comment

Excellent thank you Jules, I am so chuffed to hear that, it sounds like you had a great bargain too, good one and thank you for your feedback.
                                I shall keep you posted x

Comment

Working...
                                X