GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard raided my bank account! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard raided my bank account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard raided my bank account!

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
    Should we have a vote on whether I should pay them ,or not.

I will start the voting. NO.
    I'll vote yes, just to be contrarian.

Oh, alright then, maybe not.

SH

Comment

Advised Barclaycard that their S78 reply did not comply with regulations nor OFT guidance.
      Received the usual reply.

About you complaint.
      Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your complaint.

I am sorry you have had reason to complain and want to assure you that we are dealing with your complaint as quickly as possible. We aim to resolve matters by the 27 June 2013.
      Blah blah etc.

If they stick to the usual templates, I should get the same letter again and again for the next few months!

Comment

Ltd company now officially closed down, business had dried up, just about managed to pay everyone apart from accountant yet.
        Other business accounts still with Barclays however they are partnership accounts and as such, I do not believe that they can utilise a right of set off from my personal account, against a joint business account.
        Cannot close my personal account as I owe them too much! They would have a legit right to set off if I let them just keep on adding charges, they would be able to take action against me. Sitting tight, waiting for FOS again.

Comment

I think they will offset business / personal. They did it with another user here.

Can't recall exactly but sure it's happened before. Unless it was your complaint - I just can't remember but whatever be careful. Don't leave excess funds available - period
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Advised Barclaycard that their S78 reply did not comply with regulations nor OFT guidance.
            Received the usual reply.

About you complaint.
            Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding your complaint.

I am sorry you have had reason to complain and want to assure you that we are dealing with your complaint as quickly as possible. We aim to resolve matters by the 27 June 2013.
            Blah blah etc.

If they stick to the usual templates, I should get the same letter again and again for the next few months!
            Actually got a reply yesterday, dated 27th June. Usual template about how they have complied with my request an they "consider the agreement to be fully compliant.

I have replied asking them, for the avoidance of any further disagreement over what has or has not been supplied. To send a reconstituted copy of my "executed" agreement,(a legible copy of the photocopy application) together with a copy of the prescribed terms which "would" have been on the rear of my application form. I have pointed out that the terms and conditions supplied, were, by their own documentation, sent out at a later date with the cancellation notice and not on the rear as they suggest. The statement of account needs to be signed. Asked for this lot to be sent to Katherine Grant at FOS.
            See what happens next.

Comment

Actually got a reply yesterday, dated 27th June. Usual template about how they have complied with my request an they "consider the agreement to be fully compliant.

I have replied asking them, for the avoidance of any further disagreement over what has or has not been supplied. To send a reconstituted copy of my "executed" agreement,(a legible copy of the photocopy application) together with a copy of the prescribed terms which "would" have been on the rear of my application form. I have pointed out that the terms and conditions supplied, were, by their own documentation, sent out at a later date with the cancellation notice and not on the rear as they suggest. The statement of account needs to be signed. Asked for this lot to be sent to Katherine Grant at FOS.
              See what happens next.
              Update.
              Katherine Grant is now taking this case on. She has written to Barclaycard asking for information.

Comment

Update.
                Katherine Grant is now taking this case on. She has written to Barclaycard asking for information.
                I know that name, FOS adjudicator. Is it from your case? Lol

Sorry I forget
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Yes, she dealt with my previous complaint, did Barclaycard have a right of set off.
                  She decided that they did. Was referred to Ombudsman who said that they had a right under s16.3 of the Barclaycard terms and conditions. (there never was an executed agreement not signed by Barclaycard under S61(a). However they had no remit over the enforceability of accounts.

I then complained that Barclaycard were refusing me a S 78 request. Katherine decided that the Ombudsman could not act. Linked to my previous request. You then did a Niddy special. Complaint was passed for an Ombudsman to look at. After several more letters, Gemma Anderton, Barclaycard executive office, agreed to supply a S78, all they sent were notice of cancellation, which also contained the terms and conditions, no reconstituted copy of agreement, nor prescribed terms. After more letters, I finally got letter saying they had complied and FOS referral rights. At this stage Katherine Grant e mailed me to say that she had taken my complaint back from the Ombudsman and had written to Barclaycard for more information. This is where I stand at present.
                  Thanks

Comment

It seems that although the FOS agree that Barclaycard do have a right of set off by agreement. They have now admitted that they cannot provide a legible copy of the agreement to the FOS.
                    I have written to Gemma Anderton, Executive Office, Barclaycard, and asked for my money back, together with the charges incurred of over £1000.00 plus interest. I will keep you posted.
                    Will be fun when this lot gets into the media! Naughty Barclaycard.

Comment

Sorry, I should also have mentioned that Barclaycard have sold this alleged debt to MKDP debt collectors. Now I do feel really sorry for MKDP, they have paid out good money in the hope of making a small profit. It seems that Barclaycard have sold them a dud account. So not only are they trying to screw their customers, they are also doing the same to the poor DCA's. Don't you feel sorry for them?

Comment

Is it only Barclays that exersize ROSo? Or do other banks have a reputation for doing it.

TibetanMonk
                        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Most banks will do it if you have money in the account
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                            Most banks will do it if you have money in the account
                            Thats sucks, lol. :P

TibetanMonk
                            On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

But key here is BARCLAYS & BARCLAYCARD are separate entities and no mutual RoSO exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                But key here is BARCLAYS & BARCLAYCARD are separate entities and no mutual RoSO exists.
                                So from a legal standpoint, if I owe BarclayCard £1k, and I put £1k in my Barclays Account then legally BarclayCard cannot use ROSo to remove funds?

Which obviously they do use ROSo, hence this thread :P But surely if they cannot do this, but do, you can claim damages etc? Or am I being a numpty and going completely off course.

TibetanMonk
                                On Debt Row

Comment

Working...
                                X