GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard raided my bank account! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard raided my bank account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barclaycard raided my bank account!

tell me that you don't have still have the account that they offset from??????

get out now, get a basic bank account with someone that you don't have any debt with, this is absolutely BASIC if you have money problems, I cannot stress how basic, get out of that account now and get everything transferred to the new account, then Barclaycard can't touch it, the co-op do a good basic account (got one myself)it's called cashminder

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
      All very well, BUT, the chances are that they will now come back and take even more. Green light from ombudsman. This is why I asked about taking it to small claims court. No executed agreement means no right of set off in accordance with Barclaycards terms, and it was Barclaycard who took this money. I feel that the judge must side with me on this one.
      Get a new bank account somewhere else.... and fast!!

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      tell me that you don't have still have the account that they offset from??????

get out now, get a basic bank account with someone that you don't have any debt with, this is absolutely BASIC if you have money problems, I cannot stress how basic, get out of that account now and get everything transferred to the new account, then Barclaycard can't touch it, the co-op do a good basic account (got one myself)it's called cashminder
      I am also surprised you haven't already done this Enforcer. Stop all payments going in, draw out any surplus out and open a new account immediately!!
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Not that simple, have a Barclays advance account linked to current account with outstanding balanc of about £3000.00.
        Also 2 Ltd company accounts, and 2 Joint Partnership business accounts. Cannot move the business accounts as my credit rating has been trashed for years.

Comment

Not that simple, have a Barclays advance account linked to current account with outstanding balanc of about £3000.00.
          Also 2 Ltd company accounts, and 2 Joint Partnership business accounts. Cannot move the business accounts as my credit rating has been trashed for years.
          You need an account set up for your own personal outgoings where no credit checks are carried out at all. The Co-op do one.... there may well be others.

Are you still currently trying to run a business through these other accounts?
          Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

OK

so have you bigger money troubles than this account?
            have you been in a DMP or are you at the robbing Peter to pay Paul stage?
            if you're credit record has been trashed is it just this account?
            Do you have other credit card debt?

Sorry for all the questions but trying to deal with one defaulted account in isolation is a bit like trying to treat measles on your left leg only, if we have the full picture, it's easier to help.

Comment

Capital one seem to think that I owe them around £7000+ on the back of a future prospective agreement not containing or referring to any prescribed terms. Done the rounds of DCA's over last few years. They finally admitted that they could not take action through the courts.

Lloyds gave me a credit card years ago without even asking me to sign anything! They seem to think that I owe them around £3500.00. Don't think so! Been around all the nasty DCA's. They wrote that: It is clear from case law, this only prevents one party from enforcing the agreement through the courts, it does not prevent collections activity or the placing of information on the credit file. Not gone away, but cannot enforce.

Owe Northern Rock! Borrowed £15,000.00+ to try and clear debts around 6 years ago, didn't work out as I was now paying out nearly as much as I was earning. Have had over £4000.00 refund of PPI from them though. Still paying them for another couple of years.

Comment

Oh forgot to say. In both of the above cases I complained to FOS. In both cases they told me to make arrangements to pay.

Comment

if i were you, I'd do a bit of reading around here for UE
                  I'd ge everything neatly filed and I'd send any CCAs I had to Niddy for verification and then I'd start a UE diary (you sound well along the way with some of them)
                  then I'd sit back and wait for it to go SB
                  but FIRST I'd get a new bank account where i don't owe anything and transfer all personal transactions

and PS

i would stop banging my head against the studded wall that is the FOS, stop using them as your financial advisor, they are totally crap at that

Comment

Just sent off S78 rquest to Barclaycard. Didn't think I needed it as already got SAR and copy of original unexecuted agreement. With S78 they can only send a reconstitude version of the "executed agreement". Their isn't one!

If I open another personal account with Co-op chance are Lloyds TSB will be involved somewher in the near future, they have already written to me to advise their new term regarding set off against credit cards. Anyway there is always the worry that Barclays will go after the Joint Business accounts.

Comment

Just sent off S78 rquest to Barclaycard. Didn't think I needed it as already got SAR and copy of original unexecuted agreement. With S78 they can only send a reconstitude version of the "executed agreement". Their isn't one!

They are completely separate procedures... the SAR has nothing to do with UE; it simply helps you to get extra info. on things that you may need extra info. about.

If I open another personal account with Co-op chance are Lloyds TSB will be involved somewher in the near future, they have already written to me to advise their new term regarding set off against credit cards. Anyway there is always the worry that Barclays will go after the Joint Business accounts.
                      I'm not sure I understand the relevance of what you're saying here. A co-op account is separate from a Lloyds TSB account and where would a credit card come into it?

If Barclays were to go after the Joint Business account, they'd do it anyway; regardless of whether you have a different account elsewhere or not.... You still haven't said what state your business is in and if these accounts are still being used by you.

If you don't protect your personal finances, you'll make yourself ill..... so please stop worrying about what Barclays will or will not do and put your own interests first..... because Barclays will do what they like regardless.
                      Last edited by PriorityOne; 7 October 2012, 18:43.
                      Remember the mantra:

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                        I'm not sure I understand the relevance of what you're saying here. A co-op account is separate from a Lloyds TSB account and where would a credit card come into it?
                        I think the reasoning here is that Co-op are buying some Lloyds branches, if Enforcer has a debt with a Lloyds branch thats being transfered then it could be in danger of Co-op offsetting at some point. I think some Lloyds credit cards belonging to people who bank at those branches may also be part of the sale package. Not sure if the cards that are defaulted will be part of it but details have not been released yet.

I would say though that it would be a very good idea if Enforcer did get a co-op cashminder account sorted out quickly as it will sort out the immediate personal account problem, and as and when the takeover does happen worry about things later as its going to be at least a year before the accounts are integrated.
                        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Nationwide seem o.k.

Comment

You have made the right assumption. Co-op is a no go as they are taking over LLoyds accounts.

Comment

The business accounts are in daily use. They are still being used. Would have no chance of transferring them due to trashed credit file.

Comment

The business accounts are in daily use. They are still being used. Would have no chance of transferring them due to trashed credit file.
                                They cannot touch the Ltd company bank accounts so its the other business ones they would go after. Can you change all the businesses to Ltd or is that not worthwhile? It would get the funds safely away from the setoffs so would solve the business side of things and then you could open an account somewhere else for your personal stuff. First thing I would do is get a basic account somewhere to get your personal accounts safe and as and when you can do so get the businesses moved although that may take a bit longer depending on what other banks you have debts with, if you have any accounts that neither have or need credit facilities it may be possible to move those elsewhere.
                                Last edited by Susie; 7 October 2012, 22:27.
                                When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Working...
                                X