GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard raided my bank account! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard raided my bank account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Barclaycard raided my bank account!

With regard to my post above.
    Just read my horoscope for today.

Try to overcome the bad times by seeking the support of people who are always willing to give you a helping hand.

Perfect for this site, apt description.

Comment

Thanks for the pm Evilcartman
      I've added your link to:
      Marlin Mass Purchase of Barclaycard Debts

Elsa x

Comment

Also look on google for Barclaycard & Right of Set Off.

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer View Post
          Update. As expected FOS have ruled in favour of Barclaycard, they can only decide what they believe is fair and reasonable in this complaint. Everything hinges on S 16.3 of Barclaycards terms and conditions! However there is an improperly executed agreement, no signature by Barclays. They have failed under S61 (1) (a) as described by Paul in his posts. They have no legal right to take, or hold any securities.The Ombudsman has noted my strength of feelings and comments about the enforceability of the credit agreement and states. "but I have no power to declare a credit agreement unenforceable; only a court can make that determination."
          We have a rather strange system in this country. The police cannot, or will not act in a dispute over enforceability, OFT will not act in the case of an individual, FSA will not act in the case of an individual, Prime Ministers office refer you to H M Treasury who refer to FOS agreeing that Banks have a right of set off.

This allows the Banks to help themselves to your money, whether or not they have an enforceable agreement, effectively bypassing the Law of the land. Why go to court, or even bother with DCA's. Just help yourself!

I have written to Sir Hector Sants, Head of Compliance, Government and Regulatory Relations regarding this matter. An Honourable Gentleman, Knight of the Realm don't you know. Had a reply from Executive office. Cannot comment at this time, as awaiting Ombudsman decision.
          I have now sent another Subject access request, and my 3rd official request under S78. I do hope that they reply. They have not cashed my previous cheques! Quite happy previously, sent S78 without me even asking for it, to prove that they had an enforceable agreement. Now they won't send me one even when I send payments.
          Will see what happens, but I now feel that this type of action by Barclays needs to be highlighted in the national and international press. The public need to be made aware of this scandal.
          Still no reply to 3rd S78 request. Barclaycard are taking the P--s!

Comment

Still no reply to 3rd S78 request. Barclaycard are taking the P--s!
            Saga continues. Barclaycard are now refusing to send CCA. In writing.

Comment

Update.
              Yet another letter from executive office of Barclaycard dated 6 April 2013.
              "In view of this, we would not correspond with you any further with your Section 78 request"

2nd refusal to supply information.

Unenforceable perhaps? Yes, and they know it!

Comment

Update.
                Barclaycard once again for 3rd time, refused to supply Section 78 request. Also stated that they would not grant me the right to complain to FOS.

Refusal now being dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Comment

Update.
                  Barclaycard once again for 3rd time, refused to supply Section 78 request. Also stated that they would not grant me the right to complain to FOS.

Refusal now being dealt with by the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Refused to allow you to complain to the FOS (probably they think if they do not give a final response then the FOS will not deal with it,which is normal but in this case a different case FOS will no doubt ask for the details to be sent to you.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Had a reply from OFT regarding Barclaycard refusing to supply a S78 request.

Thank you for your letter and supporting documents ----updating us about the problems you are still having with the above mentioned trader.

As outlined in our previous response, our remit precludes us from intervening in disputes between consumers and businesses to resolve complaints. This means that we cannot make any contact with the trader on your behalf. I appreciate that this will be disappointing for you to hear however, I hope you can understand that there are certain restrictions placed upon the OFT and what we can do for individuals that contact us.

So, as I am an "individual" they cannot help me!

Comment

excellent thread here.
                      can't help but thinking you're banging your head against a wall for no result whatsoever. that said, you can go to FOS after 8 weeks with no final response, yeah?

Comment

Read Barclaycard and right of set off.
                        FOS trying the usual fob off.

Comment

yes but they have to let you complain to them if you get no final response after 8 weeks. what i've always found is that they won't open the complaint until they (fos) have written to the bank. Its pathetic, yeah, but eventually you can kick it off to them

Comment

Been there, done that! Barclaycard are attempting to knobble the FOS. Read the niddy special on the post Barclaycard and right of set off.

Comment

Read the niddy special on the post Barclaycard and right of set off.
                              That'll be this --> Barclaycard Right of Set Off - Page 4 - allaboutFORUMS
                              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Finally received Barclaycard reply to S78 request.
                                I really could not believe their reply. Suffice it to say this is totally unenforceable on so many points. I really cannot understand why the OFT don't enforce their guidance.

Should we have a vote on whether I should pay them ,or not.

I will start the voting. NO.

Comment

Working...
                                X