GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlin being taken to Court - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin being taken to Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin being taken to Court

That was a great video, and as others have said, well worth watching. Loved the way he ran rings around Denise...

Looking forward to finding out how it all goes next month. I hope he whacks some arse as well!
    Last edited by oldyboy; 11 March 2013, 09:21.

Comment

The interesting thing is he is right on it possible for individuals to be prosecuted under money laundering regulations. Unfortunately I've had to learn all the legislation as part of my job so know it quite well!

Poor Denise though, like most employees of banks and financial organizations have probably just paid it lip service and thought 'it could never happen to me'.

Now she has an individual who may, just may, have a slim chance of getting a private prosecution, and if Marlin WERE telling porkies about the assignment (possible), and Denise know this, she knows there is a tiny chance she could be indicted.

Its all possibles, and maybes, but its great that for once she will be experiencing the stress that thousands of people feel when they get those letters from Marlin.

'Sent in error' my arse.

Its a pity that Southend is a 4 hour drive otherwise I'd go along just to meet the guy and see how he gets on!

SnV
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Marlin like all the financial sector prey on ignorance of the law, on this occasion the guy knows the law well better in fact than many in the financial sector itself.

I have a feeling that marlin will go along with this until the very end trying to pull his bluff then settle out of court because to be honest no company would want this before a judge.

Comment

Just watched the video, it makes for very interesting viewing. He is right on the money laundering point but the rest of it I haven't got a clue.

It would be interesting if Paul ever has a chance to watch it and to get his feed back on the assignment issue and if a credit agreement is actually currency and if you do own it?????

My view is though a district judge wont want to get involved in this and will either kick it out or refer it.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
            Just watched the video, it makes for very interesting viewing. He is right on the money laundering point but the rest of it I haven't got a clue.

It would be interesting if Paul ever has a chance to watch it and to get his feed back on the assignment issue and if a credit agreement is actually currency and if you do own it?????

My view is though a district judge wont want to get involved in this and will either kick it out or refer it.
            Paul seen it and tweeted allaboutFORUMS earlier.... do you follow us on twitter?
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I have enough online accounts without tweeting as well....I could ask you how to set one up

Actually I think I have one but can't be arsed with it

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Paul seen it and tweeted allaboutFORUMS earlier.... do you follow us on twitter?
                I do many things but Twitter isn't one of them, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  I have now entered the world of tweeting and I'm following all about debt , but I cant see anything from Paul

Comment

Twitter / Pt2537: http://t.co/hGNFCw2Dg8 this ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	90be2001.png
Views:	1
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1393262
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This tweeting lark , might catch on you know

Comment

We have loads lol

@simpleServeUK / @allaboutDEBT / @allaboutFORUMS / @ConsumerReveng / @ChooseRefuse / @FashionizeUK

its good for marketing and link sharing. That's it.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It will be very interesting if Paul comments on it, also it will be interesting to see what Marlin sends me after my prove it letter.

Comment

Don't read too much into that clip. Wait till after the case.

We don't go for criminal law. We deal with civil matters in AAD.

Comment

I just liked it on the basis that it turned the tables on the DCA concerned. From the tone of the womans voice on the end of the phone at Marlins she sounded like she was almost in tears.

Now if shes an admin bod in a complaints department employed on minimum wage and expects her employer to look after her interests then I feel a little (but not much) sorry for her.

However if she is when of Marlins threat monkeys, whose day job it is to phone people and make them feel shite about themselves then I'm doubly pleased that on this occasion she got a taste of her own medicine.

I hold the blokes chances as slim, however, and this is what the DCA's have to realize, is that when you start pushing peoples backs up against the wall, making threats, getting CCJ,s charging orders etc, then people are going to start fighting back. Sooner or later these companies are going to come up against some real smart cookies (you only have to look at this site!), and they are going to get bitten in the behind big time.

So although I think its highly unlikely he will get a sympathetic or tolerable judge and chances are he'll get swatted out of court, I really do hope he is actually onto something and at the very least generate some very bad publicity for MBNA and Marlin. If he is close to any sort of truth then I think its likely they won't want to open a tin of worms and will reverse the charging order (which is what it seems is all he wants).

We'll find out next month!
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

Comment

Originally posted by rizzle View Post
                                I knew I'd seen that face before (Paul) I'm positive he was on the news the other week regarding some consumer case

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                                "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Working...
                                X