GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Marlin being taken to Court - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlin being taken to Court

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Marlin being taken to Court

Indeed sorry Riz you will have to set the time when you have a free 40 mins to watch it all as it does not do it justice to watch parts off m8.

Comment

As it is Criminal Law rather than Civil Law, there will be some interesting outcomes. It may change the growth of the debt collection industry which is now very strong. It would certainly change their attitude to template letters to all and sundry.

If this goes to court and succeeds, would it become the precedent that could be used for Civil Court claims? There is nothing civil about a court claim.

Comment

Riz - it took me an hour over my connection which is rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
          Riz - it took me an hour over my connection which is rubbish.

Slow =pity we do not have starting handles for the car these days.! lol
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by julian View Post
            As it is Criminal Law rather than Civil Law, there will be some interesting outcomes. It may change the growth of the debt collection industry which is now very strong. It would certainly change their attitude to template letters to all and sundry.

If this goes to court and succeeds, would it become the precedent that could be used for Civil Court claims? There is nothing civil about a court claim.
            Think you answered your own question tbh.

If they knew that they would be liable for a personal criminal prosecution if they used smoke and mirrors and there was case law for success then the behaviour would be modified out of all recognition.

The muppet who signs all the template letters. Do they even exist? Would a director be so keen to be extracting money without checking how they doing it if they knew that anyone of these claims could land them up doing porridge.

I doubt it. We on a place like here know how much of the industry is bluff. Take the bluff away and what would you have?

Certainly no DCA industry because the bank would be able to collect on any correct debt. That the industry exists at all tends to leave you with the notion its all a con.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
              Think you answered your own question tbh.

If they knew that they would be liable for a personal criminal prosecution if they used smoke and mirrors and there was case law for success then the behaviour would be modified out of all recognition.

The muppet who signs all the template letters. Do they even exist? Would a director be so keen to be extracting money without checking how they doing it if they knew that anyone of these claims could land them up doing porridge.

I doubt it. We on a place like here know how much of the industry is bluff. Take the bluff away and what would you have?

Certainly no DCA industry because the bank would be able to collect on any correct debt. That the industry exists at all tends to leave you with the notion its all a con.

Like the old HSBC Ms Pankhurst was the name they use to use(non human script)?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Very interesting video.

Especially as Marlin have recently contacted me saying they have been assigned my account and I am awaiting a reply to my prove it letter at this very moment.

Not sure how far his action will go BUT I like his style!!

Go get them!!
                Onwards and Upwards

Chalkitup

Comment

Should I ask more questions?

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                    Should I ask more questions?
                    oh dear......
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well the Judge can either listen to what he has to say and follow due process or tell him to feck off either way it will be worth following, however I would be interested to see what the IMF did have to say on this

Comment

It will be very interesting and although I would love it to have a positive result somehow I can't see it happening.
                        Anyway back to my knitting

Comment

Will no doubt be a media blackout too, however every such case that gets to court the public attention grows so it is only a matter of time before the right people listen and something happens as they say "migrating birds fly home"

We as citizens and consumers the real kings of our economy just have to bide out time and stay within the bounds of law even if that law is wrong and carry on raising awareness as we are.
                          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 9 March 2013, 15:16.

Comment

Re: What do you make of this

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            go fuck herself
                            Is that one of those legal ism's & technical terms that always confuse me????

Will be watching with interest

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                            Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 9 March 2013, 21:20.
                            "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Not often I'll spend time looking at a video on the internet but that was 30 odd mins well spent!

Look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Comment

This guy is pure genius! Watched the video and looking at his other productions on youtube now. He says he is making a video on how banks make millions from nothing.
                                Hope he kicks arse in April
                                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Working...
                                X