GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script First Direct / HSBC - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Direct / HSBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Direct / HSBC

Hi, Does anyone happen to know if I can use the HSBC machines in the branches for the coins if I have a First Direct current account? I need to get rid of my piles of coins so just wondering if this was possible. When I spoke to First Direct they didnt know!

Re: First Direct / HSBC

Given they use the same (basic) sort code 40 - xx - xx, I cant see why not, but maybe ask in the HSBC branch to be sure (assuming its a staffed branch)
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi matey thanks for joining.... You'll recognise a lot from the green place on here!!

Yea you can use coinstar being a FD customer - you're an advanced HSBC customer in essence lol
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Are the machines easy to use? Just like the ones in asda where you pour all your change in? I am gonna put it all in a suitcase and roll it in. Wonder if that would look dodgy though

Yes I have seen a few faces thats for sure. Im sure theres some more lurking around that I havent yet noticed too ;p

Comment

Originally posted by Parki
          Are the machines easy to use? Just like the ones in asda where you pour all your change in? I am gonna put it all in a suitcase and roll it in. Wonder if that would look dodgy though

Yes I have seen a few faces thats for sure. Im sure theres some more lurking around that I havent yet noticed too ;p
          I have sen them in a coiuple of my local banks - different companies. Apparently, you put your card in, enter your pin, dump your change in. It goes along a belt, adds up and gets deposited into your acccount.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Will pop down the first chance I get then and give it a go

Comment

Originally posted by Parki
              Asda machine takes a % which goes to a charity as i know off. Don't think the Bank machines are though.
              (I just bag my coins up and takes it to the bank 'Abbey National only accepts up to 4 Bags 'as a friend of mine was told by them', as for HSBC I just take it and they accept what i give them )

Comment

Working...
              X