GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Nationwide Refusing Refund - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nationwide Refusing Refund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nationwide Refusing Refund

Hey,
    Just a quick one. A friend had his Visa bankcard details used on a Russian website. He has told the bank it wasn't him and they have refused any help. Do you know anything about this sort of problem?
    The bank in question is Nationwide.

Cheers,

Mick

Re: Nationwide Refusing Refund

Originally posted by Mickb1969 View Post
    Hey,
    Just a quick one. A friend had his Visa bankcard details used on a Russian website. He has told the bank it wasn't him and they have refused any help. Do you know anything about this sort of problem?
    The bank in question is Nationwide.

Cheers,

Mick
    Have they explained why they will not refund the amount?

Comment

Apparently they said it was verified by Visa. He is adamant that he hasn't made the transactions. 3 x £110 (approx) were used to buy Rubles. I have suggested to him that he has used a computer that has a virus on it that has logged his details. Proving it is the problem I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickb1969 View Post
        Apparently they said it was verified by Visa. He is adamant that he hasn't made the transactions. 3 x £110 (approx) were used to buy Rubles. I have suggested to him that he has used a computer that has a virus on it that has logged his details. Proving it is the problem I guess.

Will the Russian website divulge the IP address where the payment was made from?(very long shot).

Comment

Working...
        X