GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Having real issues obtaining a basic bank account. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having real issues obtaining a basic bank account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Having real issues obtaining a basic bank account.

Thanks SH,

Ok, from what I can tell and based on the decline from YB that would suggest something still isn't right - yea, YB can be awkward but for them to refuse a ready cash basic account doesn't seem right. Obviously we can't suggest sending more SAR's so for now I would really look at sitting back and not doing anything for a couple of months, then get hold of Experian and Equifax (the £2 paper report) and then go through it, if nothing shows up then back to CIFAS and finally back to N Hunter.

There has to be a logical reason for this, but for me to confirm what it is that is wrong I would need you to actually get your credit file and N Hunter record then email me to check through...

For now, pain as it is, you need to stop applying. Lloyds will be very basic with restrictions at their own machines etc - ideally Natwest, Barclays and Santander are best as they give full debit cards (usually) but lets see what HBOS say with this Lloyds app first.

Good luck
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Finally, some good news. Lloyds TSB have accepted my application! Got my sort code and account number through today, can expect my card and pin within seven days. I am assuming that YB did exactly what you said they do Niddy, which is they didn't put me through the right application. I know this because when they rang me to tell me is been rejected they said it was for their current account even though I asked to be considered for the ready cash!

I'm ecstatic to finally have a bank account that doesn't charge me! Thanks so much for everyone's help here particularly Niddy and Scab (and the person who referred me here) without you guys knowledge and expertise I'd have no effin idea why I was still getting rejected.

Thanks again everyone! Free banking here I come!

Comment

That's excellent news mate - glad you got it all sorted
        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by henryJSB View Post
          Finally, some good news. Lloyds TSB have accepted my application! Got my sort code and account number through today, can expect my card and pin within seven days. I am assuming that YB did exactly what you said they do Niddy, which is they didn't put me through the right application. I know this because when they rang me to tell me is been rejected they said it was for their current account even though I asked to be considered for the ready cash!

I'm ecstatic to finally have a bank account that doesn't charge me! Thanks so much for everyone's help here particularly Niddy and Scab (and the person who referred me here) without you guys knowledge and expertise I'd have no effin idea why I was still getting rejected.

Thanks again everyone! Free banking here I come!
          Excellent news, although if it's a Lloyds basic account then you'll be restricted to cash withdrawals at their own branches - so bear that in mind.

Give it 6 months then apply to Halifax or Bank of Scotland and you'll probably get accepted for one of theirs with overdraft etc.... usually the pattern now they use internal sharing of scores across the LBG accounts (but RoSO is not affected as of yet).

Well done, result
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Love good news on here, I'm so pleased Henry
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

The exclusive ATM thing is a pain but for now I'm just happy to have a free basic bank account with a competent online banking service. I also have a Lloyds TSB branch literally across the road from me so it's convenient. Now I guess my next goal is to tackle my DMP.

Comment

Originally posted by henryJSB View Post
                The exclusive ATM thing is a pain but for now I'm just happy to have a free basic bank account with a competent online banking service. I also have a Lloyds TSB branch literally across the road from me so it's convenient. Now I guess my next goal is to tackle my DMP.
                Is it deffo a basic one or a current account (with restricted card)..... have they confirmed? :niddy

Comment

Says on the letter it's a cash account and then lists this:

. Free banking

. A Lloyds tsb visa debit card

. Internet banking

. Telephone banking

. Regular statements

Comment

Wow, I've only just seen this - great news. I thought we were in for a long and complicated haul with this one, while Stink Banking continued with their virtual Dick Turpin act all the time you were trying to make sense of it.

It may only be a start, but it is a vitally important one. Now get that DMP sorted out because you're definitely paying too much. If paying unsecured creditors leaves you without enough to meet your crucial living expenses, then the payments are too high. I would start a diary on here and try to sort the whole thing out, even though these are too recent to be UE. Pennington will also be taking a fee for administering the DMP, and that can be avoided as well.

(EDIT - I wrote that before seeing Henry's last post - glad to see you're thinking about tackling it)

I also love seeing good results on here, especially for the 2nd October birthdays!

SH

Comment

Working...
                    X