GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Having real issues obtaining a basic bank account. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having real issues obtaining a basic bank account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Having real issues obtaining a basic bank account.

Yeah i guess I really do need to sort out the DMC situation. I don't know how much they take that is a fee but I do know the 206 pounds out of my 650 wages a month is killing me.

Comment

Henry
      If you want to, people here can help with what to write to the creditors etc.
      One of the first things will be to prepare a budget sheet to send to them. I am certain that your DMC will have done one.
      Having said that you may want to think about what you pay and to whom.

Comment

DMC=debt management company, either I am mad (no need to answer that) or he mentioned this earlier in the thread. Niddy pointed out that as he is only 22 all the debts will not be UE .

Sorry looks like maybe merged threads as there are quotes from FP that do not appear in the thread . Confused.com
        Last edited by jon1965; 20 October 2012, 17:13.

Comment

okay guys, so before I was about to send the SAR to cifas today I went and checked my credit report one last time. my free trial ended with equifax so I went to try experian (although i didn't hold much hope as the cifas marker usually prevents me from getting anything without sending address details first) asnyway to my surprise it allowed me to log in and it appears that the cifas marker has disappeared!under the CIFAS section it says 0 records held. so i guess now I can go ahead and apply for a bank account and hopefully not get rejected! woo hoo

Comment

Originally posted by henryJSB View Post
            okay guys, so before I was about to send the SAR to cifas today I went and checked my credit report one last time. my free trial ended with equifax so I went to try experian (although i didn't hold much hope as the cifas marker usually prevents me from getting anything without sending address details first) asnyway to my surprise it allowed me to log in and it appears that the cifas marker has disappeared!under the CIFAS section it says 0 records held. so i guess now I can go ahead and apply for a bank account and hopefully not get rejected! woo hoo
            Give it a try and see what happens. Before you do, though, make sure there is absolutely no connection between any of your alleged creditors and the bank you have chosen. It might be a good idea to start that diary on here listing all of your alleged debts, so that someone in the know can advise you of suitable banks.

SH

Comment

Also use a bank that searches experian )

A cifas lasts 13 months so obviously a small delay presumably.

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

how do i find out what banks use experian?

Comment

how do i find out what banks use experian?
                  Have a butcher's here -

Which Lender searches which Credit Reference Agency - allaboutFORUMS

although it is far more important to find an account which is unrelated to any existing creditor. If the right account searches Equifax, you can always do another search with them to see if the CIFAS marker has gone from there also.

SH

Comment

Thanks Scab. I know who my creditors are so choosing an account is not an issue - just getting one is. My first try and getting an account since the fraud marker has been removed has been a failure! Yorkshire Bank rejected me for a basic ready cash account.

Comment

Oh, bollocks. And they search Experian as well, according to that list.

I notice Yorkshire was one of the banks you applied to originally before making your first post on 10th September. I'm wondering if that could have had any impact as the application could have been recorded on their internal systems?

Also, did we ever establish what the situation was with N Hunter? I know you were going to SAR CIFAS before you found the marker had gone, but I can't see any mention of N Hunter anywhere. Could there have been another fraud marker which has somehow ruined it this time?

Niddy knows this stuff inside out, so wait for him to get back to this thread.

SH

Comment

Yeah perhaps. This is becoming a royal pain. I have now applied for a Lloyds basic account before I saw your post. I'm guessing if I still get rejected this must be a different matter entirely?

Comment

It won't do you any good to keep applying for accounts - if there is something which is making one bank reject you it will almost certainly affect the others as well.

One other thing - I notice you're often saying you're boracic and not able to send £10 off for SARs and do things which need doing. You definitely need to renegotiate this DMP you're in, because you're obviously paying far too much. If all of these creditors took you to court and got judgment it is highly unlikely you'd end up paying as much as you are now. You've got to allow yourself enough for your own living expenses, and if that means unsecured creditors get less, tough.

Let Niddy come back and work out a plan of action with you. There must be a way to get hold of the information which will tell you exactly what is wrong here. It will probably take more time and I know you are as frustrated as hell, but try to hang on in there just for now.

SH

Comment

I hope the mods don't mind me bumping this so it gets on the New Posts page while the boss is online, but I know he doesn't subscribe to threads and this guy is in trouble.

There's nothing I can do to help him any more, and as far as I know Niddy is the only one with the in depth knowledge of the credit reporting system needed to solve this.

SH

Comment

Thanks Scab. I know who my creditors are so choosing an account is not an issue - just getting one is. My first try and getting an account since the fraud marker has been removed has been a failure! Yorkshire Bank rejected me for a basic ready cash account.

I got rejected too - even had to go to an interview et al.......

No go

Matty

Comment

Yorkshire Bank rejected me for a basic ready cash account.
                                Nothing new there, they are a joke that involves attending branch etc. They always do a full account search then decline you, to then say "apply for a readycash thingy" yet hang on, didn't you ask for that anyway!

They are not the best bank, but hey ho - cross them off the list.

Originally posted by ScabHunter View Post
                                Oh, bollocks. And they search Experian as well, according to that list.
                                They do indeed.
                                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X