GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Having real issues obtaining a basic bank account. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having real issues obtaining a basic bank account.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Having real issues obtaining a basic bank account.

Just to explain. The first phone was accurate details. The additional one differed hence when you complained they added the marker. There would have been a previous marker before you complained. Category 3.

So my question is did you apply to Barclays in between complaining and the fraud start date of the second contract.... Think about where I'm going with this. It could be that the category 3 marker was there when you applied to Barclays but then you found the fraud, complained and they changed the 3 (bad marker) to 01 (protective marker)? That's one theory to try and elaborate the point.

As I said in my example. One account was fine. It was the additional contract that did it but facility was granted. That's usually a cifas code 3.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Okay, what exactly do I need to say in the letter? Is there a template for this? And what department should I be sending it to? Sorry for all the questions

Comment

Read my last post again. I just edited it.

I'll do you a letter if you want?
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
          So my question is did you apply to Barclays in between complaining and the fraud start date of the second contract.... Think about where I'm going with this. It could be that the category 3 marker was there when you applied to Barclays but then you found the fraud, complained and they changed the 3 (bad marker) to 01 (protective marker)? That's one theory to try and elaborate the point.
          The fraud happened last year in 2011. It was around August - September 2011 I rang up to complain that someone had taken out two new phones under my name and account without my authorisation. They removed the lines immediately and I was not liable for payment, however they wouldn't tell me what form of identification was used and what happened other than the phones were taken out in a Carphone Warehouse retail store.

I applied for the Barclays basic account barely a month ago, so August 2012. About a year later basically.

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
          I'll do you a letter if you want?
          Would you really? That's really nice of you. I have absolutely no experience dealing with stuff like this as you can probably tell so I'd really appreciate that!

Comment

Ok the info above is all I need. Sit tight, I'll do it 6-7am for you and post here. You just need to personalise it yea?

One other point, they only last a year usually so it might be best not to contact them and let it fall off cos they could renew it for another year if they feel the fraud has not been resolved. Be warned. Sleeping dogs and all that...

Comment

Yeah that would be brilliant. Thanks so much for all your help.

Comment

Lol again I edited the last post. Have a think but I'll do it at 7am unless you say otherwise yea?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  One other point, they only last a year usually so it might be best not to contact them and let it fall off cos they could renew it for another year if they feel the fraud has not been resolved. Be warned. Sleeping dogs and all that...

Well the application date says 3/9/11 and it's now 11/9/11 so technically it's been over a year now? So it looks like unless I do something it's not going to be removed any time soon. Not being able to have a basic bank account that does not cost money is a real ball ache to be honest and anything that can get this removed I'd want to do as soon as possible.

Can I ask, will any correspondence to do with removing this fraud marker affect my ability to upgrade my phone with them? I'm due an upgrade next month and I don't want to mess that up If I can help it because I need a phone!

Comment

Sorry it's from month 13. That link I posted tells you this. So next month.

No harm waiting a month is it? Let's see yea? I'll do a letter then if necessary

Comment

Regards upgrade let's wait a month. By 14th October, get a new report and let's hope it's gone yea?

Then we'll know what step to take next, if any.... We'll get you there. I have ermm 8 full accounts with 5 defaults

Comment

Yeah I guess not, so shall I wait until October 3rd?

Comment

October 14th as CRA's update weekly and if you time it wrong we could cause a firestorm a day early. Saying 14th gives some days PLUS a clear update cycle so we'll know for sure 100% by then yea?

Then do your upgrade after complaint. You'll be fine (I think).... It's unlikely they'll upgrade now remember and they may add another year to the cifas record.

Comment

So it's unlikely they will upgrade me because of this CIFAS thing? I was planning to get an upgrade on Oct 7th as soon as i could. I thought it would be straight forward Does that mean they will terminate my contract?

Comment

Also perhaps this is relevant, but I opened my think banking account with absolutely no issues, why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by henryJSB View Post
                                So it's unlikely they will upgrade me because of this CIFAS thing? I was planning to get an upgrade on Oct 7th as soon as i could. I thought it would be straight forward Does that mean they will terminate my contract?
                                Hard to say what they will do, but right now the contract does come second best to the CIFAS based on the fact once CIFAS has gone it'll be easier to get a new mobile from any supplier

Don't stress, just sit tight - you'll be fine

As an existing customer you ought to be fine but we do not want to alert them to you a week before CIFAS removal date do we? If you see what I am trying to say here.....

Comment

Working...
                                X