GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Thinking of DAD Xx <3 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of DAD Xx <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of DAD Xx <3

Thinking of my wonderful dad today x

Lost him years ago today, he just turned 69.

Loved and Remembered always, such a special man, everyone's friend. xxxxxx

Re: Thinking of DAD Xx &lt;3

My Dad went on 23/2/1998 ..Di.......even tho I was a Mummys Girl I didn't realise how much I loved him until he wasn't there.

(((((hugs hunny)))))))))

xxxxxxx
    Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
      My Dad went on 23/2/1998 ..Di.......even tho I was a Mummys Girl I didn't realise how much I loved him until he wasn't there.

(((((hugs hunny)))))))))

xxxxxxx
      Thank you xx
      So sorry you lost your's too honey xx

I was more of a daddy's girl myself, although i adore my mother very much, but always clingy to dad, miss him very much.

Hugs for you too xxxxxxxx

Comment

69 is much too early for them to go. Mum was 69 when she died suddenly 13 years ago. Dad died 2 years ago and though his body had failed and he had mild dementia I still miss ringing him every day for a 59 second chat!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
          69 is much too early for them to go. Mum was 69 when she died suddenly 13 years ago. Dad died 2 years ago and though his body had failed and he had mild dementia I still miss ringing him every day for a 59 second chat!
          So sorry Cym, and yes it is very young xx

My dad also had vasular dementia, its so cruel isnt it honey?

Love and hugs for you too XxXx

Comment

Luckily dad knew all the family and who was who all the time, it was just everything else that slowly went!
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

We lost Mum in 1995,Dad 1998 and My beautiful sister in 2000..... 5 horrific years.I have no flipping idea how the hell we all coped and stuck together but we have.
              I got married on 12/1/2014 as it would have been Mums 90th birthday and I couldn't think of a better way of honouring it than having a good old 'knees up'..and by golly we did.
              xxxx
              Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                We lost Mum in 1995,Dad 1998 and My beautiful sister in 2000..... 5 horrific years.I have no flipping idea how the hell we all coped and stuck together but we have.
                I got married on 12/1/2014 as it would have been Mums 90th birthday and I couldn't think of a better way of honouring it than having a good old 'knees up'..and by golly we did.
                xxxx
                That is a lot to cope with, so hard!!

Do you find everything happens at once?

My bro in law aged 28 died of leaukemia xmas day, he would have been early 40's now, and then we lost another 2 bro in law's, early 40's, all so close, then nan on my sisters birthday, and gramp on my other sisters birthday, never ending.

Dad lost his youngest brother (my uncle) who was 54 on my wedding anniversary, just 3 years before him and my nan his mum 2 years before him, very tough, we learn to live with it but as you also know memories are there forever, thankfully good memories. :-) XxxxX

Comment

Sending hugs Di, I know how much you loved your Dad..but he's still watching over you isn't he?
                  My daughter's recent wedding was on her Dad's (my first, late husband's) birthday. When he was getting to the end he was pretty much in a coma most of the time.
                  I was travelling by train every day to the hospital. Coming home one night I got off the train, it was dark and the station was unmanned, in the middle of nowhere. I'd prebooked a taxi but it was late (no mobile phone back then!). I was getting really edgy waiting, then I heard a gentle whoosh, turned round and there was a huge owl sitting on the fence just behind me. It sat there calmly and watched me until the taxi turned up.
                  I know it sounds daft but I still like to think it was him watching over me, and my kids feel the same.
                  Long story less long, when I designed and printed the Order of Service for my DD's wedding, I put an owl graphic on the back page with the words "always remembered, never forgotten" in Latin. No one but me, my son and daughter knew the significance, our private tribute

Comment

Oooh,,I had little 'tributes' in my wedding too hun....all the bouquets were yellow roses (mums favourite)....I had Lorraines (sister) lockets pinned to my flowers...and my Dads gold pocket watch in a little pocket my dressmaker put in my dress.
                    Rob wore his late Dads cufflinks and had his Mums St Christopher in his pocket.
                    What noone saw (because it was an intensely private moment between my brother (he gave me away) and I was that as he gave my hand to Rob,he slipped my Mums wedding ring halfway on my finger,so as Rob put my wedding ring on,Mums went on too
                    I had no idea he had planned it,

Comment

Aww that's lovely!

Comment

Those are lovely tributes. When my sister remarried recently she had my late Mum's gold cross pinned inside her wedding dress.

69 is no age at all...my Mum was 68 when she died. Thankfully my Dad's still going relatively strong at 82. I dread the day when something happens to him because I'm a Daddy's girl.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

My Mum was 71,Dad was 73/74 (depends which year he told folks he was born in !) so I was an orphan at 34.
                          Lolly was a mere 45,,and I could just say she died of liver disease ,she did,,she was an alcoholic...She died the day George Best bought his new liver,,fat lot of good that did too huh??

This thread prompted me to get the photo albums out........and I laughed till I cried.....seeing my siblings (5 of them) wedding photos from 1971 onwards,,Jeez fashion was soooooo bad.
                          At my eldest sisters wedding in July '71 it was so hot my Mums plastic (all the rage) hat melted on her head and she looked like she had a chamber pot on.........and I got blotto on babycham (aged 8 + 8 months) and can be seen in the background of the reception piccies chucking up down a drain PMSL

Comment

I was 16 when mom died she was 55.My dad married a horrid woman 3 months later she had 2 daughters I was the odd one out who had to eat alone.When I told dad she went nuts and kicked me out I moved in withOH family.Dad lived till 1993 and I looked after him cos he was alone,I loved him still but did t like him if that makes senseDi you were lucky to have such abond with your dadxxxx The old photos are the best.I have been looking at my bro who died suddenly in september when we were kids bloody hell our clothes.
                            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Oh dear Nana, you really did have a wicked stepmum

My Dad's mum died when he was only 9 months old and when my grandad re-married his wife didn't want to know him, she was just interested in her children. This continued to us...we often didn't get Christmas or birthday presents yet my cousins did.
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X