Poppies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poppies

I shall wear my poppy with pride as I think all the fallen deserve to be remembered.xxxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Poppies

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
    I shall wear my poppy with pride as I think all the fallen deserve to be remembered.xxxx
    And you should be proud to as well - ignore the idiots of the world, they clearly have no idea what it symbolises.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Not sure if you've seen our logo - if it's not showing the poppy hit refresh
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

it looks very good

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          And you should be proud to as well - ignore the idiots of the world, they clearly have no idea what it symbolises.
          Absolutely x

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The poppy on the logo looks really good.

I wear my poppy with pride and I also have one on my car.

A Poem for Remembrance Day

"The inquisitive mind of a child"

Why are they selling poppies, Mummy?
            Selling poppies in town today.
            The poppies, child, are flowers of love.
            For the men who marched away.

But why have they chosen a poppy, Mummy?
            Why not a beautiful rose?
            Because my child, men fought and died
            In the fields where the poppies grow.

But why are the poppies so red, Mummy?
            Why are the poppies so red?
            Red is the colour of blood, my child.
            The blood that our soldiers shed.

The heart of the poppy is black, Mummy.
            Why does it have to be black?
            Black, my child, is the symbol of grief.
            For the men who never came back.

But why, Mummy are you crying so?
            Your tears are giving you pain.
            My tears are my fears for you my child.
            For the world is forgetting again

Click image for larger version

Name:	10806476_10154769764360580_299855409570344702_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1411562
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

I always lose paper poppies, so I buy a bracelet, lapel pin and broach from the legion every year.

Comment

worn my pin badge for last 2 weeks, possibly will forget to take it off after weekend (will look like that i have not washed my jumper, with blood, tears and sweat endured)

Silence!

Comment

Love the poppy on the logo.

Have a sparkly brooch which I bought from M&S (I do donate to the British Legion poppy-sellers every year) when they were selling them to commemorate the 100 anniversary of World War I. I remember wearing it when I went to see the poppies at the Tower of London - an experience I will never forget. I also have one of the ceramic poppies in a vase on my sideboard - wish I had bought an extra one for my grand-daughter, who loves it. She is going to have to wait until my demise before it becomes hers!

I always watch the Service of Remembrance from the Royal Albert Hall (have been there a few times, but never to this event) It will be even better tonight as Alfie Boe is singing - I just love his voice!

Comment

have to watch the cenotaph tomorrow, always makes me howl but wouldn't miss it. Been to a more local one a few times as a dear friend occasionally participates.

Comment

It always makes me weep , especially since I found out about granddad WW1.

Comment

I always wear one with pride,humility and gratitude,

I usually end up buying about 6 a year,
                        I'm good at loseing them Click image for larger version

Name:	yoyo18.gif
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1411566
                        It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	poppy field.jpg
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	1411568

For the Fallen
                          By Laurence Binyon

With proud thanksgiving, a mother for her children,
                          England mourns for her dead across the sea.
                          Flesh of her flesh they were, spirit of her spirit,
                          Fallen in the cause of the free.

Solemn the drums thrill; Death august and royal
                          Sings sorrow up into immortal spheres,
                          There is music in the midst of desolation
                          And a glory that shines upon our tears.

They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
                          Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
                          They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted;
                          They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
                          Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.
                          At the going down of the sun and in the morning
                          We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;
                          They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
                          They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
                          They sleep beyond England's foam.

But where our desires are and our hopes profound,
                          Felt as a well-spring that is hidden from sight,
                          To the innermost heart of their own land they are known
                          As the stars are known to the Night;

As the stars that shall be bright when we are dust,
                          Moving in marches upon the heavenly plain;
                          As the stars that are starry in the time of our darkness,
                          To the end, to the end, they remain.
                          It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

Comment

Lost all my Uncles in that WW1 war so only had a couple of Aunties around in the 40s,

Comment

I would love to see a photo of my grandad whom mom never knew he died in battle new years day1917.

Comment

Working...
                              X