GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Newbie requiring advice - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie requiring advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbie requiring advice

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Hiya

are you a homeowner? Can you lost your debts like the format in our UE Diaries - http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...bility-Diaries
    Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    What is the "etc"?

Gas and electricity are not "priority debts" - they can't send you to gaol or discontinue supply merely for having missed one or two payments.

The electric telephone or mobile telephone is not a priority debt either, though they can restrict or discontinue service for non-payment.

Only the Council Tax is a priority debt. Are you claiming all the discounts and help to which you are entitled?
    Yes I have tried but not entitled to anything as I work full time. Ok I'm just worried the gas n electricity will be cut off also I have fees for my overdraft ... I sound pathetic I'm sorry haha

Comment

Hiya

are you a homeowner? Can you lost your debts like the format in our UE Diaries - http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/f...bility-Diaries
      Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
      Good - well done.

Yes! But you also said that P2P and Quickquid were taking payments via direct debit not continuous payment authority - which is it?
      Sorry they are both via CPA

Comment

Originally posted by Missklj2014 View Post
        Yes I have tried but not entitled to anything as I work full time. Ok I'm just worried the gas n electricity will be cut off also I have fees for my overdraft ... I sound pathetic I'm sorry haha
        You don't sound pathetic!

Remember, there's millions in debt, it happens. Fortunately, you've come in right before P2P and QQ came in to take more money. STAY POSITIVE!

TibetanMonk
        On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Are you in arrears with your gas and electricity company? If not, they're normally pretty good with not cutting you off until it's spiralled out of control, which we wont let happen.

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Yes I have tried but not entitled to anything as I work full time.
            CT Assistance depends on how much one received in wages or benefits, rather than on hours worked.

Do you live alone and, if you do, are yoiu claiming the 25% discount?

Comment

Hiya

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
              Are you in arrears with your gas and electricity company? If not, they're normally pretty good with not cutting you off until it's spiralled out of control, which we wont let happen.
              Not in arrears which is good

Comment

Not in arrears which is good
                Then they can wait a month or two.

Comment

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has given me some advice so far! I'm feeling a tiny bit more at ease. I'm really worried that I'll get people coming to my door for payments , because I can only assume , like many my partner does not know about any of this ! 😱

Comment

Hiya

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
                    You don't sound pathetic!

Remember, there's millions in debt, it happens. Fortunately, you've come in right before P2P and QQ came in to take more money. STAY POSITIVE!
                    Thanks Tibetan monk .. Least I've finally admitted to myself that this cannot go on !

Comment

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has given me some advice so far! I'm feeling a tiny bit more at ease. I'm really worried that I'll get people coming to my door for payments , because I can only assume , like many my partner does not know about any of this ! 
                      I've been in debt for about 2 years, with around £10k of debt, and not paid a single penny (not that thats the best way of doing it :P), I've never had people to my door. And even if they do then you can ask them to leave. You'll have a while before that even happens anyway, the companies will keep it in house for a while.

And by that point hopefully you'll be back on track

TibetanMonk
                      On Debt Row

Comment

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who has given me some advice so far! I'm feeling a tiny bit more at ease. I'm really worried that I'll get people coming to my door for payments , because I can only assume , like many my partner does not know about any of this ! 
                        I'd consider talking to them..... Do you live together?
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Just wanted to offer support Missklj2014, you aren't alone and everyone here is lovely, I only wish I had found this site sooner! Good luck!
                          Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I'd consider talking to them..... Do you live together?
                            When she does, I dare say it would make a change from telling him once more that the bedroom ceiling needs to be repainted.
                            Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 29 April 2014, 16:38.

Comment

II'm really worried that I'll get people coming to my door for payments
                              From my experience, I would say that is unlikely to happen.

If they did send some sort of "field agent", you can tell them to leave and, if they didn't, squirt water or diluted apple juice - which smells a bit like diabetic wee - through the letter-box and all over the front of their trousers to make them look like they've wet themselves.

Comment

Hiya,
                                You really should heed Niddy's advice and have the 'chat' with your partner..it's never easy,but it's a damn sight better than him finding out for himself,,,trust me,been there,done that.
                                You;re not the first to get in a pickle,you won't be the last but you're facing your demons now and that's the important bit.
                                That's all I wanted to say,,I'll leave the financial stuff to those who know SO much more than me.
                                Inca has left the building,too old to keep reading HISTORY that others keep re-writing.

I was there,,I saw what you did,saw it with my own 2 eyes.wipe off that grin,I know were you've been,it's all been a pack of lies.....(Phil Collins,Coming in the air tonight)

Comment

Working...
                                X