GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Withheld pay and overpayment - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Withheld pay and overpayment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withheld pay and overpayment

Hi, I was recommended by family friend to use this site.
    I have been working for a company for 18 months and half way through i left for 2 months to pursue another role. They offered me more money to come back so we agreed on £12 an hour. Granted most were paid minimum wage and others in the same role were 11.72. That was in May 23. I handed my notice in about 3 weeks ago due to a screw up in my pay being that bad that I was unable to pay rent and basic bills. Informed them that the pay needed sorting and their version of fixing was sending me 500 out of 720 by a transfer 3 days later. Now Friday just gone I was expecting the extra and my pay for the last 2 weeks. I received nothing other than a text informing me my pay rate was flagged for being too high and that i owe 1300 back to the company. I texted my boss who informed me it was not his business but the guy above him who for the last 18 months has only ever replied once. I have rung him and sent multiple texts and another boss of mine had emailed but I'm being ignored.
    I take it is illegal to withhold my pay. And if I was to pay it back which I won't due to the amount of times we were paid late and interest fees and previously underpaying me. It would have to be in parts.
    I have a document stating how much I to be paid when i started back which was sent to payroll and the boss.
    what leg do I have to stand on. I am going into day 17 of not having any money to pay bills and credit card companies aren't accepting this as a reason either.

Hi

I suggest you read through this -
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...-getting-paid/

Then contact one of their advisors to see what further help they can provide.

Comment

Working...
    X