GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debts held by PRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debts held by PRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeaconsRevenge View Post
    I have discussed all these debts at length today with Di. Thank you so much for the chat Di, your support and enthusiasm is really appreciated.

. . . I am almost beginning to relish the opportunity to do battle over these stale debts.

Is it time to do battle, or have PRA not carried out their 'threat' to send you a formal Letter of Claim?

Di

Comment

Nothing yet Di, athough I am half expecting something any day. Who knows, maybe they have looked at the paperwork and have seen that they don't have a leg to stand on!

Comment

Hi DeaconsRevenge, Like you I was on an 10 year dmp ,I could not see an end to it .I even offered all my creditors 25% to settle when I received some inheritance .
        Only a couple of the very small ones settled.
        Then I found this site ,In 2018 I went along the CCA route ,I also talked to Di. She seems to take all the stress away and puts you at ease. Must be mother instinct.
        Pra will probably send a claim through ,defend with JCS ,you will have no problem, Mine was discontinued with costs. I am 3 years into SB.Ps JCS also made Lowell discontinue, well done Colin .
        Kind regards

Comment

Barclaycard Platinum
          • Type of account - Credit card
          • Date commenced - December 1989
          • Approx balance - £12,100
          • Date last 'full' payment - Dec 2016
          • Arrangement - payment plan agreed (£13 per month) Last payment made March 2020
          • Status - defaulted Apr 2017
          • Account owner - PRA.
          Jan 2018 (I need to confirm this) - debt passed on to PRA - payment plan continued as previously arranged
          Jul 2018 - PRA made an F&F offer of of 40%
          18th March 2020 CCA Request sent
          21st March 2020 Letter received from PRA acknowledging request and returning payment as "a gesture of good will"
          24th April 2020 Letter received from PRA "Broken arrangement" "If you fail to contact us, collections activity, including letters and phone calls will recommence"
          11th May 2020 email from PRA forwarding correspondence from Barclaycard (dated 7th April!) Contained a "reconstituted copy of credit agreement together with a copy of the terms of the credit agreement as varied in accordance with Section 82(1) of the Act". Forwarded to Niddy for his comments.
          14th May 2020 Niddy has deemed this one definitely UE.

October 2020 Letter from PRA stating that account is now with their Litgation Dept. 30 days notice before "account is considered for the next stage which would be for putting you on notice that court proceedings may be brought against you"

Nov 2020 Letter Before Claim Received
          Well it looks like they are going to try their luck. @Di i have sent a copy of the letter to you by email.

Comment

Well it looks like they are going to try their luck. @Di i have sent a copy of the letter to you by email.

Which I have received.

As you have previously posted, the credit agreement is unenforceable.

Don't do anything until we've spoken again.

Di

Comment

Barclaycard Platinum
              • Arrangement - payment plan agreed (£13 per month) Last payment made March 2020
              • Account owner - PRA.
              Jan 2018 (I need to confirm this) - debt passed on to PRA - payment plan continued as previously arranged
              21st March 2020 Letter received from PRA acknowledging request and returning payment as "a gesture of good will"
              24th April 2020 Letter received from PRA "Broken arrangement" "If you fail to contact us, collections activity, including letters and phone calls will recommence"
              11th May 2020 email from PRA forwarding correspondence from Barclaycard (dated 7th April!) Contained a "reconstituted copy of credit agreement together with a copy of the terms of the credit agreement as varied in accordance with Section 82(1) of the Act". Forwarded to Niddy for his comments.

October 2020 Letter from PRA stating that account is now with their Litgation Dept. 30 days notice before "account is considered for the next stage which would be for putting you on notice that court proceedings may be brought against you"

25th November 2020 SAR request sent to Barclays
              11th December 2020 SAR received from Barclays
              Dec 2020 Letter received from Barclaycard "We're giving you a refund of some interest, default fees and charges on your account". to the tune of approx £50. "You don't need to do anything to claim your refund as we aren't going to send the payment to you". Looks like a nice Christmas gift for PRA then!
              An update on this one. After receipt of the Letter Before Claim, I talked this through in detail with Di. Thanks again Di, as ever, for your steadfast support and advice. Nothing further has been received from PRA regarding this to date. I have however requested, and received, SAR information from Barclaycard (a full 500 pages regarding both accounts). I have also recently received correspondence from Barclaycard regarding the ongoing compensation payouts. They have offered compensation for both accounts but this is to be given to PRA to offset the balance - thanks for nothing!.
              PRA have also been communicating about the MBNA account and are currently offering a 40% discount on the balance (100% would sound much more attractive!).

Comment

...but this <compensation> is to be given to PRA to offset the balance - thanks for nothing!.
                Is this right? Surely they are compensating the original customer for some indiscretion, not PRA?
                Last edited by Night Monkey; 29 December 2020, 00:02.

Comment

After receipt of the Letter Before Claim, I talked this through in detail with Di. Thanks again Di, as ever, for your steadfast support and advice. Nothing further has been received from PRA regarding this to date.

. . . I have also recently received correspondence from Barclaycard regarding the ongoingcompensation payouts. They have offered compensation for both accounts but this is to be given to PRA to offset the balance - thanks for nothing!
                  Hello

Does that Barclaycard letter admit they treated you unfairly or spell out their misdemeanors?

You say they've "offered" compensation so is there something you have to do or sign as acceptance? If so don't do anything yet.

I ask because PRA have sent you a Letter of Claim so almost anything could have significance or relevance if a court claim is issued.

Email me the Barclaycard letter so I can see what it says in case you have something to thank them for. The devil is always in the detail.

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

The explanation given is: "We've sent this letter to you following a review of the way that we set some of our customer's credit limits. While doing this, we noticed that the credit limit we gave you may have been higher than it should have been at the time. To put this right we are refunding you some interest, default fees and charges that were applied to your account"

They say that I need do nothing to claim the money since it is being sent direct to PRA.

I have just emailed a copy of the letter to you.

Comment

Hi Di

They say that I need do nothing to claim the money since it is being sent direct to PRA.

I have just emailed a copy of the letter to you.

Although it’s annoying not to be sent the money direct from Barclaycard, they have provided you with a Letter (which reads like a grovelling apology) which admits they got something wrong in the past.

They should have compensated you direct not pay it to PRA but that may have its uses if PRA do issue a claim now that the Response deadline to their Letter of Claim has expired.

Let me know if/when you hear anything from PRA.

Di

Comment

Barclaycard Platinum
                        • Account owner - PRA.

25th November 2020 SAR request sent to Barclays
                        11th December 2020 SAR received from Barclays
                        Dec 2020 Letter received from Barclaycard "We're giving you a refund of some interest, default fees and charges on your account". to the tune of approx £50. "You don't need to do anything to claim your refund as we aren't going to send the payment to you". Looks like a nice Christmas gift for PRA then!

3rd February 2021 Claim Form received.
                        So - PRA have issued a claim. I still find it breathtaking their arrogance bearing in mind that the huge gaps in their paperwork!
                        @Di - Email sent.

Comment

just being nosey, is the claim for the full amount, or is it less the £50, sent to them by Barclays ?
                          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi NW,

They have noted the payment from Barclays on the claim (as an adjustment) and amended the figure.

Comment

So - PRA have issued a claim. I still find it breathtaking their arrogance bearing in mind that the huge gaps in their paperwork!
                              @Di - Email sent.

It may be arrogance, it may not, but as the saying goes 'pride comes before a fall'.

I've replied to your email

Di

Comment

Hi NW,

They have noted the payment from Barclays on the claim (as an adjustment) and amended the figure.
                                Bummer
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X