GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debts held by PRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debts held by PRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeaconsRevenge View Post

This being the newest of the accounts, I thought would be the most problematic - but clearly not so!

So that is all 3 debts UE. I guess that it is now a case of sitting tight and seeing what transpires.

You seem to have scored a hat-trick with those three unenforceable debts

Post on your thread whenever you get a letter from PRA before you react to it.

Di

Comment

How nice of Barclaycard to be so poor at keeping the important paperwork,
      They must of lost a fortune, just through this site alone, with the amount of diaries that have accounts with them that have no original T&C's.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just wanted to say welcome, I am also in myown battle with PRA and other DCAs and the advice and support here has been invaluable.

At each stage I've nearly crumbled as things were stable on the DMP however Di and others here have each time reminded me to stand my ground and I am so glad I have. Like you I thought I'd made my bed but after a decade of paying a DMP following years of struggling to pay the credit cards and loans to pay credit cards my life was at the bottom of a pit and I thought there was no way out but I was wrong and now I feel optomistic about my financial future for the first time in literally years.

Comment

Hi Lifeback, Thanks for that. I do so agree with your comments. It seems to me that the industry relies upon a great deal of ignorance from the general public about the legitimacy (or otherwise) of their activities. I received a letter from PRA last week that made me laugh out loud - they referred to the account that they told me only a week or 2 earlier was unenforceable saying that as a special offer "to help me manage my account"
          I was eligible for a 10% discount - so could I just log on and provide my debit card details and they would deduct £10,000 from my bank account!

Comment

Hi no ho, they do like to keep us entertained during these dark days.
            never mind the Sun's back soon xx
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Barclaycard Platinum
              • Type of account - Credit card
              • Date commenced - December 1989
              • Approx balance - £12,100
              • Date last 'full' payment - Dec 2016
              • Arrangement - payment plan agreed (£13 per month) Last payment made March 2020
              • Status - defaulted Apr 2017
              • Account owner - PRA.
              Jan 2018 (I need to confirm this) - debt passed on to PRA - payment plan continued as previously arranged
              Jul 2018 - PRA made an F&F offer of of 40%
              18th March 2020 CCA Request sent
              21st March 2020 Letter received from PRA acknowledging request and returning payment as "a gesture of good will"
              24th April 2020 Letter received from PRA "Broken arrangement" "If you fail to contact us, collections activity, including letters and phone calls will recommence"
              11th May 2020 email from PRA forwarding correspondence from Barclaycard (dated 7th April!) Contained a "reconstituted copy of credit agreement together with a copy of the terms of the credit agreement as varied in accordance with Section 82(1) of the Act". Forwarded to Niddy for his comments.
              14th May 2020 Niddy has deemed this one definitely UE.

October 2020 Letter from PRA stating that account is now with their Litgation Dept. 30 days notice before "account is considered for the next stage which would be for putting you on notice that court proceedings may be brought against you"
              It's great to see the forum back up and running. Well done to all concerned.

All has been quiet with my trio of debts (aside from the daily phone call - blocked of course) until this week when PRA started threatening litigation on one of the Barclaycard accounts. This is the one dated from 1989 which Niddy has deemed definitely unenforceable - they obviously still think they have a chance .

Interestingly the information they managed to cobble together for the CCA request was almost identical to that provided for the other Barclaycard account that they themselves have deemed UE!

Comment

received a letter from PRA last week that made me laugh out loud - they referred to the account that they told me only a week or 2 earlier was unenforceable saying that as a special offer "to help me manage my account"
                Hello

Have you heard anything more from PRA since your last post?

From what I can see they have started issuing claims left right and centre so I’m alerting forum members to keep an eye on their particular situation.

Di

Comment

until this week when PRA started threatening litigation on one of the Barclaycard accounts. This is the one dated from 1989 which Niddy has deemed definitely unenforceable - they obviously still think they have a chance .

Interestingly the information they managed to cobble together for the CCA request was almost identical to that provided for the other Barclaycard account that they themselves have deemed UE!
                  Goodness, our posts have crossed - one of us must be psychic!

Is that a formal Letter of Claim from PRA?

Di

Comment

Hello Di, It seems that I updated my post at exactly the same time as you sent your message. How spooky is that?

In short, It looks like they are starting to gear up their collection efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Goodness, our posts have crossed - one of us must be psychic!

Is that a formal Letter of Claim from PRA?

Di
                      I am not sure what would constitute a formal letter of claim. This letter states that the account is with their investigations and litigation department "to look at your outstanding debt for Litigation recovery" it goes on to say "If we do not hear from you in the next 30 days then your account will be considered for the next stage which would be putting you on notice that court proceedings may be brought against you"

Comment

I am not sure what would constitute a formal letter of claim. This letter states that the account is with their investigations and litigation department "to look at your outstanding debt for Litigation recovery" it goes on to say "If we do not hear from you in the next 30 days then your account will be considered for the next stage which would be putting you on notice that court proceedings may be brought against you"

Would you like to email me that letter to see if I can read between the lines. Use di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk

Have I not mentioned that PRA took me to court and lost

Di

Comment

@Di, I have just sent you an email with a copy of the letter.

Comment

@Di, I have just sent you an email with a copy of the letter.

And I have replied

Di

Comment

I have discussed all these debts at length today with Di. Thank you so much for the chat Di, your support and enthusiasm is really appreciated. Like so many on this forum, I suspect, I have gone from having a sense of guilt and despair about the situation to being absolutely determined to resolve things. I am almost beginning to relish the opportunity to do battle over these stale debts.

Comment

I have discussed all these debts at length today with Di. Thank you so much for the chat Di, your support and enthusiasm is really appreciated. Like so many on this forum, I suspect, I have gone from having a sense of guilt and despair about the situation to being absolutely determined to resolve things. I am almost beginning to relish the opportunity to do battle over these stale debts.

You're welcome. All my calls about debt and legal issues are "at length"

As you say, people who find their way to this forum arrive in a sense of guilt and despair. This is because the debt industry in general plants that negative thought in their heads with the letters that they send. Read this BBC report on "thuggish debt letters" > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54433621

I'm glad you relish the opportunity to do battle over these stale debts if they're unenforceable in law.

As I said in my lengthy call () it's a legal argument not a moral argument.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X