GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Debts held by PRA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debts held by PRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As TTC says, do nothing, you need to wait while they contact you,

I think they will have a problem finding the 1st Barclaycard paper work

What they come up with for Homebase/MBNA will be interesting to see.

Enjoy the weekend xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

My next monthly payments are due in a couple of days. Should I hold fire on these whilst I am awaiting a response?

Comment

The choice is yours, no one can say what you should do, but, you could stop payments till they send you your CCA, if they have offered a good reduction of the debt as a F&F, then I would think they know they have little chance of getting anywhere near a full payment,
        put what you would pay to one side as a " fighting fund" should any be enforceable then you could use it towards that.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
          put what you would pay to one side as a " fighting fund" should any be enforceable then you could use it towards that.
          Sounds like a good plan to me. I guess I will just sit on my hands for a while and see what develops.

Comment

Just remember that whilst they are in default of your request they cannot legally enforce. Never remind or prompt them as this may cause they to look harder.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
              Just remember that whilst they are in default of your request they cannot legally enforce. Never remind or prompt them as this may cause they to look harder.

I agree with that

The ball is now firmly in PRA's court.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconsRevenge View Post
                Barclaycard Platinum
                • Type of account - Credit card
                • Date commenced - December 1989
                • Approx balance - £12,100
                • Date last 'full' payment - Dec 2016
                • Arrangement - payment plan agreed (£13 per month) Last payment made March 2020
                • Status - defaulted Apr 2017
                • Account owner - PRA.
                Jan 2018 (I need to confirm this) - debt passed on to PRA - payment plan continued as previously arranged
                Jul 2018 - PRA made an F&F offer of of 40%
                18th March 2020 CCA Request sent
                21st March 2020 Letter received from PRA acknowledging request and returning payment as "a gesture of good will"
                24th April 2020 Letter received from PRA "Broken arrangement" "If you fail to contact us, collections activity, including letters and phone calls will recommence"
                Still nothing from them about the CCAs but they are obviously getting piqued by my stopping payments. Still sitting on my hands!

Comment

PRA are very "helpful" with their collections letters these days, if the debt is deemed unenforceable as a result of a CCA request, they helpfully remind you at the end of the letter. I have 3 accounts that I keep receiving pointless letters for asking for money and admitting unenforceability! Complete waste of trees.

Comment

bless them . = helping you out on the toilet paper side, Note:- make sure you use the side without the print before flushing!

Comment

MBNA Credit Card
                      • Date commenced - September 2002
                      • Approx balance - £23,000
                      • Date last 'full' payment - Apr 2017
                      • Arrangement - payment plan agreed (£27 per month)
                      • Status - defaulted Sep 2017
                      • Account owner - PRA.
                      Dec 2017 (I need to confirm this) - debt passed on to PRA - payment plan continued as previously arranged
                      May 2018 - PRA made an F&F offer of of 47%
                      21st March 2020 Letter received from PRA acknowledging request and returning payment as "a gesture of good will"
                      11th May 2020 Response to CCA request containing copy of card application form and Terms and Conditions. Passed to Niddy for his assessment.
                      The first response has been received.

Comment

The first response has been received.
                        Fingers crossed for UE on a 23k debt

Comment

Barclaycard Platinum
                          • Arrangement - payment plan agreed (£13 per month) Last payment made March 2020
                          • Account owner - PRA.
                          Jan 2018 (I need to confirm this) - debt passed on to PRA - payment plan continued as previously arranged
                          24th April 2020 Letter received from PRA "Broken arrangement" "If you fail to contact us, collections activity, including letters and phone calls will recommence"
                          11th May 2020 email from PRA forwarding correspondence from Barclaycard (dated 7th April!) Contained a "reconstituted copy of credit agreement together with a copy of the terms of the credit agreement as varied in accordance with Section 82(1) of the Act". Forwarded to Niddy for his comments.
                          Checking my emails today I found several from PRA that had gone to my spam folder. One contained e-statements for both Barclaycard accounts but the most recent was a CCA response to this account. I am puzzled that they deemed it fit to respond only by email (unless of course a hard copy is in the post). Also the CCA response was from Barclaycard not PRA which seems odd if PRA have purchased the debt? I seem to recall that there are issues with reconstituted agreements but it would be interesting to know for sure.

Comment

MBNA Credit Card
                            • Date commenced - September 2002
                            • Approx balance - £23,000
                            • Date last 'full' payment - Apr 2017
                            • Arrangement - payment plan agreed (£27 per month)
                            • Status - defaulted Sep 2017
                            • Account owner - PRA.
                            Dec 2017 (I need to confirm this) - debt passed on to PRA - payment plan continued as previously arranged
                            May 2018 - PRA made an F&F offer of of 47%
                            11th May 2020 Response to CCA request containing copy of card application form and Terms and Conditions. Passed to Niddy for his assessment.
                            14th May 2020 Niddy's view is that this is UE
                            Well, Niddy reckons that this one is probably UE which is a result. I assume from the tone of their letter that PRA think otherwise, so I guess that I may have to tough this one out.

Comment

Barclaycard Platinum
                              • Account owner - PRA.
                              11th May 2020 email from PRA forwarding correspondence from Barclaycard (dated 7th April!) Contained a "reconstituted copy of credit agreement together with a copy of the terms of the credit agreement as varied in accordance with Section 82(1) of the Act". Forwarded to Niddy for his comments.
                              14th May 2020 Niddy has deemed this one definitely UE.
                              That is now 2 of the 3 cards looking like they are UE. Nothing yet on the third card. It is possible however that they might have responded to this by email and it was auto-deleted from spam before I saw it. I am working on the assumption however that since they have not responded by hard copy then they are in default of a valid CCA response and the debt remains UE. Does this sound about right?

Comment

Barclaycard Freedom
                                • Date commenced - July 2008
                                • Approx balance - £11,500
                                • Arrangement - payment plan agreed (£12 per month) Last payment made March 2020
                                • Account owner - PRA.
                                Jun 2018 - PRA made an F&F offer of of 40%
                                27th May 2020 Letter received from PRA "Due to the age of this account we are currently unable to provide copies of your historic terms and conditions ....... We have currently classified this debt as Unenforceable"
                                This being the newest of the accounts, I thought would be the most problematic - but clearly not so!

So that is all 3 debts UE. I guess that it is now a case of sitting tight and seeing what transpires.
                                Last edited by DeaconsRevenge; 30 May 2020, 19:57.

Comment

Working...
                                X