GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or email her xx
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Thank you both for your prompt replies. I'll contact Di shortly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helpme34 View Post
        • HELPME34's UE Diary
        Barclaycard
        • Feb 2009
        • £3120
        • Last full payment: July 2012
        • DMP
        • Defaulted Jan 2013– dropped off credit file
        • PRA Group
        Jun 2018 - CCA's requested
        July 2018 - Paperwork received
        May 2019 - deemed UE by Niddy
        11 Oct 2019 - offer of a 10% discount off the full balance.
        1 Nov - Letter Before Claim received from PRA stating I need to complete the form and return within 30 days or I'll be taken to court

Post #21 says this was originally an Egg credit card not a Barclaycard, or have I misunderstood (it happens )?

You have 30 days to reply (or not) to that Letter of Claim so take your time researching the full background before you respond.

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to Egg (Canada Sq Operations) if it was an Egg, and/or a SAR to Barclaycard where you’ll see any interaction between PRA and them?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Post #21 says this was originally an Egg credit card not a Barclaycard, or have I misunderstood (it happens )?
          Yes it was an Egg card.

You have 30 days to reply (or not) to that Letter of Claim so take your time researching the full background before you respond.

Have you sent a Subject Access Request to Egg (Canada Sq Operations) if it was an Egg, and/or a SAR to Barclaycard where you’ll see any interaction between PRA and them?
          Yes I sent PRA a CCA request in Jun 2018. On 20th June, they sent me a reconstituted copy of the credit agreement which came from Barclaycard. The cover letter stated that the debt was currently unenforceable.
          I then received a letter dated 06 July, with a sheet showing the application had been made online. This showed my application details i.e name address etc. The cover letter again stated that the debt was currently unenforceable.
          On the same day (6 July), PRA sent another letter enclosing a copy statement for May 2012 and Mar 2013 with the cover letter asking me to contact them to discuss a mutually acceptable agreement to settle the outstanding balance.

Di
          So unsure why they are threatening court action!

Comment

• sometimes we just have to wonder what is going on,

maybe they haven't been having a good time in court, so are trying to get you to pay something instead of wasting money on a court case the can't win.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
              sometimes we just have to wonder what is going on,

maybe they haven't been having a good time in court, so are trying to get you to pay something instead of wasting money on a court case the can't win.
              So what should I be doing next?

Comment

• Nothing, you just have to wait and see what they do next.

Comment

• Hi all

I wonder if someone can answer a question I have.
                  All the above defaults have dropped off my credit file which I am now looking to rebuild as my fixed mortgage rate (extortionately high!) comes to an end at the end of the year.
                  My question is if I apply for a credit card would this come to the attention of the likes of PRA/LINK etc? I'm thinking of applying for a Natwest credit card as I had no debts with them and all my current banking is with them only.

Thanks

Comment

• It may well come to their attention, if they decide to search your credit file then the application search by Natwest will show up.

it is a chance you have to take.

Comment

• Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                      It may well come to their attention, if they decide to search your credit file then the application search by Natwest will show up.

it is a chance you have to take.
                      Thank you for your quick reply. What problems can this cause?

Comment

• Have your debt become SB?
                        are PRA / Link or anyone else still contacting you for payments?

If your file is checked by the company's who own your debt, they will see you have applied for credit, that MAY, make them think you have money that could be paid to them, so COULD start the jolly merry-go- round again.

Comment

• As NW warned, be careful.
                          The ONLY claim I received (and there could have been many) was after I opened a credit card and used it. I paid it off in full every month although only small amounts . Lowell issued a claim for a capital one debt. Ironically since then I have had three capital one cards - used, abused and closed.

Comment

All the above defaults have dropped off my credit file which I am now looking to rebuild as my fixed mortgage rate (extortionately high!) comes to an end at the end of the year.
                            My question is if I apply for a credit card would this come to the attention of the likes of PRA/LINK etc? I'm thinking of applying for a Natwest credit card as I had no debts with them and all my current banking is with them only.

If your current banking is with NatWest then they may only need to carry out 'internal credit scoring' for their own credit card, based on what they can see on your current account with them. Check this with them first.

Also have you considered asking your current mortgage lender if they will have a better deal at the end of the fixed period?

Di

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary
                              Barclaycard
                              • Feb 2009
                              • £3120
                              • DMP
                              • Defaulted Jan 2013– dropped off credit file
                              • PRA Group
                              11 Oct 2019 - offer of a 10% discount off the full balance.
                              1 Nov - Letter Before Claim received from PRA stating I need to complete the form and return within 30 days or I'll be taken to court
                              Referred the claim onto Joanna Connolly Solicitors to take forward
                              07 July 2020 - PRA have discontinued the claim!!!
                              Thank you so much to everyone at Joanna Connolly Solicitors! I couldn't have done it without you.

Comment

HELPME34's UE Diary

BARCLAYS credit card - possibly EGG
                                • Jan 2004
                                • £2684
                                • DMP
                                • Defaulted Feb 2013 - dropped off credit file
                                • PRA Group

Aug 2019 - offer of a 10% discount off the full balance.
                                Nov 2019 - Letter of claim received from PRA
                                Referred to Joanna Connolly Solicitors to take forward.
                                16 July 2020 - Letter of discontinuance from PRA!
                                And another shout out to Jo Connolly Sols. Thank you so much!

Comment

Working...
                                X