GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CCA checks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CCA checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELPME34's UE Diary

HSPF then Bank of Scotland credit card
    • Feb 2010
    • £1184
    • Last full payment: Jun 2012
    • DMP
    • Defaulted Feb 2013– - dropped off credit file
    • Moorcroft Debt Recovery

Jun 2018 - CCA's requested
    July 2018 - Paperwork received
    May 2019 - Deemed UE by Niddy

9 July 2019 - letter from Moorcroft requesting to get in touch as Payplan are no longer dealing with my account.
    9 Sep 2019 - letter requesting payment as not received.
    21 Sep 2019 - Letter stating account has been passed to Home Collections division and someone will call at the address!!
    14 Oct 2019 - Letter received stating that they are willing to offer a substantial discount on the outstanding balance and that i should get in touch.
    13 Nov 2019 - Letter giving option of an Interest Free Payment Plan or A Substantial Discount
    Last edited by Helpme34; 12 August 2020, 16:22.

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary

HSPF Loan
      • Feb 2010
      • £11736
      • DMP
      • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
      • Drydens Fairfax Solicitors
      11 Sept 2019 - Annual statement received from Lowell. It appears they have bought the debt
      11 Sept 2019 - Notice of sum in arrears from Lowell Financial Ltd
      16 Sept 2019 - Letter received asking to contact them (Lowell Financial) to discuss the account.
      10 Mar 2020 - Annual statement from Lowell
      10 Mar 2020 - Notice of sum in arrears from Lowell Financial Ltd

28 Dec - Letter received from Bank of Scotland stating that following a review of their processes as they didn't always take appropriate action, they have decided to refund the grand old sum of £10.08 to the account which is of course being looked after by Lowell.
      Last edited by Helpme34; 29 January 2021, 16:15.

Comment

• HELPME34's UE Diary
        Santander Credit Card
        • Feb 2008
        • £2618
        • DMP
        • Defaulted Dec 2012 - dropped off credit file
        • Wescot Credit Services

5 July 2019- letter from Wescot asking me to contact them as Payplan are no longer acting on my behalf.
        11 July 2019- letter asking to get in touch
        24 July - letter asking to get in touch
        August - letter sent requesting CCA agreement.
        08 Aug 2019- letter stating account on hold until request investigated.
        27 Aug 2019- copy of account opening agreement received.
        05 Sep 2019 - transaction summary received.

18 Sep 2019 - CCA sent to Niddy - Confirmed Unenforceable!!

29 Jun 2020 - letter from Santander advising the account will now be managed by their agent Wescot.
        2 July 2020 - letter from Wescot stating they have been instructed by Santander to manage the account and asking to get in touch .
        25 Jul 2020 - Letter stating enquiries have indicated that we are resident at this address but have not yet agreed a solution to manage the debt.
        4 Aug 2020 - letter offering a reduced settlement offer and asking to get in touch.

31 Dec - Letter from Santander advising account will now be managed by agent Drydens Fairfax Solicitors.
        4 Jan 2021 - Letter from Drydens Sols asking to get in touch by 18th Dec to arrange payment.
        26 January - Letter from Drydens Sols stating to avoid further recovery action, I should contact their office by 9th February.
        Last edited by Helpme34; 29 January 2021, 16:07.

Comment

Wescot only agents collections if they are lucky
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I have listed all the debts separately as advised and I now have a question.

I have let Payplan know that I am cancelling the agreement with them and wish to go self managed. I did this on 6th June and I have received confirmation from them to confirm they have cancelled the plan. So what I would like to know is what to do next. I'm more concerned about the HSPF Loan which I have, as this is the largest and most recent debt. Should I be writing to them and also should I be continuing to make payments?

Also what do I do in regards to the four CCA agreements which have so far been confirmed by Niddy to be unenforceable ( sent to me last year in Jun by the DCA's but only just checked)

Comment

Also what do I do in regards to the four CCA agreements which have so far been confirmed by Niddy to be unenforceable ( sent to me last year in Jun by the DCA's but only just checked)

If you could click edit on the accounts that you have CCA's for ,and just say when you requested them,that it was deemed UE by Niddy, then save,
              then if you can quote that post,ask your question, and then hit post, we know you have updated your diary and can then see what has happened, or what you want to know.
              we then can look at what to do next,
              for now you can stop payments to all till they write to you, giving you time to sort things out. be prepared for calls a plenty as soon as they find you are not with your DMP. try not to speak to them on the phone.

as for your Santander Credit card, it is not linked to your Mortgage so can not cause a problem with it,
              It is only a problem if you are banking with them,as they can have a right of offset, taking money from the account to pay the card

NW
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

set up a bank account somewhere else and have wages etc paid into that, making sure no links with the bank you are with now i.e. Parachute Account

Comment

And the phone calls have started!! I have pulled the plug on the house phone and am not answering my mobile when they call

Comment

For a few days keep a record of when they call and if it is harassment , send them the telephone harassment letter . In fact I would send them a letter saying you will only communicate in writing ; that way you have a record that you told them not to call

Comment

Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
                      For a few days keep a record of when they call and if it is harassment , send them the telephone harassment letter . In fact I would send them a letter saying you will only communicate in writing ; that way you have a record that you told them not to call
                      Thank you...i shall do just that

Comment

Harassment by Telephone

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

Comment

A quick question please. Other than the continuous calls from PRA I haven't heard from any of the other creditors either by phone or letter. Is this normal? I would have thought they'd be on our case the moment they didnt receive their last payment which was due 25th June..

Comment

different companies operate at different time scales, but certain items has time limits, so await next moves

Comment

As TC has said there is no set way that any of these companies work. Some will bombard you from day 1, others seem to go in cycles of alphabet or date of purchase. When they do start bombarding you, there can be months of quiet before they resend the same introductory letters! Just keep all correspondence and post on AAD for guidance before replying to anything. Our system is proven to work.
                                When you stop receiving all their letters, strange as it may seem, you will start to miss hearing from everyone!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X