GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Tax credits firm Concentrix will not have contract renewed - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tax credits firm Concentrix will not have contract renewed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax credits firm Concentrix will not have contract renewed

Tax credits firm Concentrix will not have contract renewed

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 15th September 2016 11:13
    Concentrix, the US firm accused of incorrectly withdrawing tax credits from hundreds of claimants, will not have its contract renewed, HMRC says.

The firm, employed by the government to cut tax credit fraud and overpayment, will, however, complete its current contract which expires in May 2017. In the eight months until then Concentrix will work on clearing outstanding cases, said HMRC. Concentrix said it had operated "within the guidance set by HMRC". "The HMRC statement not to renew the contract attacks our professional credibility, and the commitment of our staff who have performed determinedly, despite the issues with HMRC policies and procedures," said a spokesperson. Concentrix won a £75m contract to try to save the government more than £1bn in incorrect or fraudulent tax credit payments in May last year.

Wrongly accused

But in a statement on Tuesday, HMRC's chief executive Jon Thompson said: "While it's right that we ensure that tax credits customers only receive the money to which they're entitled, it is vital that those customers have a high level of service. "That's why we have decided not to extend our contract with Concentrix and HMRC is redeploying 150 staff so that customers can get through to advisers and resolve any issues about their claim.".....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Tax credits firm Concentrix will not have contract renewed

Concentrix: 'Suicidal calls' made to tax credits firm:

A firm used by the government to cut tax credit payments has received calls from "suicidal" clients, the BBC has been told.

A whistleblower at Concentrix's call centre said most staff "weren't even trained" to deal with such calls. He said staff were not offered counselling, but were instead told: "Have a smoke... you'll be fine...........Read more HERE at AAD Blog Pages
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Tax credits firm Concentrix will not have contract renewed

HMRC steps in to help sort out Concentrix tax credits problems

More than 500 civil servants have been deployed to help a private company sort out problems caused by 45,000 tax credit claimants having their benefits stopped. .....Read more here aad blog pages
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
      X