GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cost of a basic funeral soars for the 13th year running - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cost of a basic funeral soars for the 13th year running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of a basic funeral soars for the 13th year running

Cost of a basic funeral soars for the 13th year running

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 14th September 2016 16:00
    The cost of a basic funeral has risen for the 13th year running to an average £3,897. Experts warn that if the trend continues thousands of families will be unable to afford a send-off for their loved ones. A typical burial costs £4,356, a cremation £3,437. This excludes extras such as a church service, coffin and funeral cars. This brings the total cost of dealing with the death of a loved one to £8,802, up from £8,126 last year, says SunLife insurance. A dwindling number of burial plots and high council fees are mainly to blame. The number of families turning to the Government because they can’t afford a funeral is soaring — up 11 per cent since 2012. Heather Kennedy, of charity Fair Funerals, says: ‘If costs keep rising as they are, we’ll be entering scandal territory.’.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Cost of a basic funeral soars for the 13th year running

No excuse for any rise = just greed
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Costs could be much less, many funeral homes in the US have their own cremetoria at the rear of their premises, family of the departed rent a casket for the funeral service then afterwards remains are removed and simply disposed of in the incinerator.... job done minimum costs.

Comment

As bad as charges by council run cemetery = young daughters Headstone needed to be taken away for cleaning and be brought back to be erected == bally council rules I had to pay them for the rights of a company to remove it and reset back in its place = talk about rubbing death rights in as if initially we did not have enough grieving and High cost of 30 minutes digging burial spot!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
        X