GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Threshold introduced for charging orders - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Threshold introduced for charging orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Threshold introduced for charging orders

Originally posted by Adinuff View Post
    Hey SC,
    just read the deeds and mine indeed says "no disposition of the registered estate is to be registered without a certificate signed by the applicant for registration or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to HFC Bank Ltd at care of weightmans LLP being the person with the beneifit of an interim charging order on the beneficial interest of xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx made by the xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx Court on xxxxxxxxxxx court reference xxxxxxx" This charging order was imposed on my debt against a joint property held by my wife and i. She is not a debtor, so technically we can sell as we please and they can go xxxx themselves i take it?? This has made my day if it is the case and i have understood it right?? has come early

Adinuff
    Morning,

As far as I am aware and what I have been advised by our solicitor that is correct.

As long the as house is in joint names and the debt only belongs to one of you and not a joint debt, then it's a resriction all the way.

If you do sell you house you need to find a solicitor that actually knows what he's doing as not to inform the creditor until AFTER you have sold, packed up the house and actually moved.

So in effect it's happy days and another victory for us.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Just to clarify even with a lowly restriction you still need a solicitor / conveyancer that is on the ball. Last year we had a user here with a restriction but she had to settle prior to sale as her (and the buyers) solicitor(s) didn't understand process and wouldn't complete.

Point is dont take anything for granted. You're assuming people know what they're doing which sadly isn't the case when you're talking about property conveyancing paralegals
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Our formal e-Petition can be found here --> Change Charging Order Bankruptcy Thresholds - e-petitions
        We need to quote this once per new page
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Just to clarify even with a lowly restriction you still need a solicitor / conveyancer that is on the ball. Last year we had a user here with a restriction but she had to settle prior to sale as her (and the buyers) solicitor(s) didn't understand process and wouldn't complete.

Point is dont take anything for granted. You're assuming people know what they're doing which sadly isn't the case when you're talking about property conveyancing paralegals
          Cheers NID,

That's why I put the following

"If you do sell you house you need to find a solicitor that ACTUALLY KNOWS what he's doing as not to inform the creditor until AFTER you have sold, packed up the house and actually moved"

As my solicitor pointed out to me NOT everyone is aware and it has to be pointed out to them

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
          "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Comment

Working...
          X