GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Graffiti artist who took shares instead of cash for painting Facebook's first HQ seven years ago to - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graffiti artist who took shares instead of cash for painting Facebook's first HQ seven years ago to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graffiti artist who took shares instead of cash for painting Facebook's first HQ seven years ago to

A graffiti artist who painted the walls of Facebook's first headquarters seven years ago is set for a bumper payday of $200million after he agreed to take Facebook stock instead of cash for his work. David Choe, 35, was asked to paint the offices in Palo Alto, California, in 2005, and was offered the choice by then-president Sean Parker of being paid a few thousand cash or the equivalent in shares. Now, after a blockbuster $5billion Facebook stock exchange flotation moved a step closer last night, he is one of at least 1,000 company employees finally on their way to becoming millionaires.

LINKY OFF THE WALL: Facebook IPO: Graffiti artist David Choe who painted first HQ set for bumper shares payday

Although Mr Choe reportedly considered the idea of Facebook ‘ridiculous and pointless’ at the time of his painting, he took the stock when offered the option, reported the New York Times. Now he could end up being paid more for the job than Damien Hirst got at a record-breaking 2008 Sotheby’s auction. Now a successful artist, Mr Choe refused to be interviewed about his windfall.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Graffiti artist who took shares instead of cash for painting Facebook's first HQ seven years ago

I love this kind of story. Good luck to him!

Comment

Working...
    X