GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Five large banks 'paid no UK corporation tax' in 2014 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five large banks 'paid no UK corporation tax' in 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five large banks 'paid no UK corporation tax' in 2014

Five of the largest banks in the UK paid no corporation tax in 2014, despite making billions of pounds in profits, analysis by Reuters has shown.

JP Morgan, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Nomura Holdings and Morgan Stanley paid no corporation tax at all, the news agency said.

The banks offset past losses against their taxable income for 2013-14.

More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35166460
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Five large banks 'paid no UK corporation tax' in 2014

These past losses then brought by venture capitalists and rigorously enforced against debtors.

Comment

Re: Five large banks 'paid no UK corporation tax' in 2014

past losses ? Is that because they had £ms in fines to pay for being crooks ?

Comment

Working...
      X