GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Video released of escalator falls by Network Rail - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video released of escalator falls by Network Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video released of escalator falls by Network Rail

Video released of escalator falls by Network Rail

Footage of people falling down escalators at railway stations has been released as part of a campaign to cut the number of accidents.
    Network Rail says about 400 people have fallen on escalators at stations in the past year, including 32 at Birmingham New Street.
    The firm says it has released the pictures as "a friendly reminder to take a little extra care when you're travelling during this busy festive period".
    Robin Gisby, Network Rail's managing director of network operations, says: "Stations are increasingly busy places but the majority of slips and falls we see could still be avoided."

More ---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-25380089
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Video released of escalator falls by Network Rail

on a visit to Prague about 15 years ago to see my family my Aunt insisted on taking the double buggy with both my children in it down the escalator on the metro.. I was furious but my Mother told me to button it and so I let her take them.... well right at the very bottom the back wheels (which were the only things on the step) slipped forward and my rather large Aunt fell on her rather large rump and the buggy fell onto her chest.. she was stuck.. I was on another escalator watching and SO ANGRY and worried.. eventually someone hit the stop button and my Aunt and children were all safe and well apart from the back of my Aunts skirt which had been chewed up by the bottom of the escalator..

Never disrespect an escalator... thems haves teef!!!

Comment

Working...
    X