GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Deadlocked Congress brings U.S. government to edge of shutdown - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deadlocked Congress brings U.S. government to edge of shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlocked Congress brings U.S. government to edge of shutdown

Deadlocked Congress brings U.S. government to edge of shutdown

The U.S. Congress, still in partisan deadlock on Monday over Republican efforts to halt President Barack Obama's healthcare reforms, was on the verge of shutting down most of the U.S. government starting on Tuesday morning.

Read more---> http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/0...98T0Q220130930
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Deadlocked Congress brings U.S. government to edge of shutdown

US begins government shutdown as budget deadline passes

The US government has begun a partial shutdown after the Republican-led House of Representatives refused to approve a budget for next year.

More---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-24343698
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

How US shutdown could affect the price of your food

The US government shutdown could have an impact on food prices across the world as it is unlikely the US Department of Agriculture will be able to produce its latest crop estimates.

Read more---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24380088

Comment

US shutdown: 10 unexpected consequences

---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24357415

Comment

US shutdown is starting to hit business, says Commerce Secretary

More--->http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24419564

Comment

US shutdown: Senate reaches fiscal deal

Republican and Democratic leaders of the US Senate have struck a cross-party deal to end a partial government shutdown and raise the US debt limit.

More---> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-24557469

Comment

They really had no choice or tomorrow would have been implosion day for the US government and would have resulted in a serious knock on effect for the rest of the western world economic structure.

Comment

It is quite scary to think what could have happened.

Comment

Working...
                X