GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Energy chiefs reject Labour plan to freeze prices - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Energy chiefs reject Labour plan to freeze prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy chiefs reject Labour plan to freeze prices

Energy chiefs reject Labour plan to freeze prices

Britain's biggest energy firms have rejected Labour's plan to freeze energy prices, saying it will jeopardise much-needed investment.
    Labour leader Ed Miliband has pledged to freeze gas and electricity bills for every home and business in the UK for 20 months if it wins the 2015 election.

Read more----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24232292
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Energy chiefs reject Labour plan to freeze prices

Its no good these energy giants bleating now, they make BILLIONS and have done for years with the cream passed on to shareholders but all of a sudden they want to invest it in the business - cobblers I reckon. Get the shareholders to cough up so much per share is what Dr.Vossy recommends. Price freeze then a reduction based on what wholesale prices have really done over the past ten years. Gits ...!

Comment

They would would'nt they vested interests

Comment

Ed Miliband hits back at energy firms over prices plan

Ed Miliband would "take action" against energy companies if they defied a Labour government by raising prices ahead of his promised freeze.

More----> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24235688
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Some are saying that Ed Miliband will freeze prices for two years then things will revert back to the same, but that is not the case he is taking an immidiate step by freezing prices for two years while the whole market is looked at from the very bottom up and additional messures put in place to make the sector more fair to consumers.

Indeed he is coming round to the fact all sells offs have not worked as one would have thought and thus the energy is one of many sectors he will be looking at inc rail and travel.
          Last edited by pompeyfaith; 25 September 2013, 16:18.

Comment

http://mikesivier.wordpress.com/2013...-us-to-ransom/

Comment

Working...
            X