GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Skydiver Aims To Land Without Parachute - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skydiver Aims To Land Without Parachute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skydiver Aims To Land Without Parachute

A stuntman will attempt to make aviation history later by becoming the first skydiver in the world to land without the use of a parachute.

Gary Connery, 42, from Oxfordshire, will leap from a helicopter a mile above Henley then glide towards a field using a specially adapted wing suit which will allow him to fly. Moments before reaching the ground he will "flare" his suit to slow his descent to land safely on a "runway" of 18,000 cardboard boxes. To prepare for the jump he has undergone weeks of intensive training in Switzerland and Italy, leaping from mountains and cliffs to perfect his wing suit glide angle....Watch video here
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Skydiver Aims To Land Without Parachute

Nutter!...I seriously woudnt have wanted to 18.000 place the boxes job either

Comment

As Mr T would say Crazzeeeeeee Fhooooooooooooooool

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by philnicandamy View Post
        Nutter!...I seriously woudnt have wanted to 18.000 place the boxes job either
        I liked the fact, that the reporter says 'His Army of fans assembled the Boxes, 'as the Camera Pans', 'Wooden - Pallets' are also in view, - Flat packed boxes wont that hurt more on landing, rather than assembled boxes? otherwise it'll be like hitting a brick. Mind you he is a Stuntman

Awesome clip of jumping off in the Alps and gliding through the mountains
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

and probably certifiable!

Comment

UPDATE:

Skydiver Becomes First To Land Without Chute - SAFELY
            Linky to Video: Wingman: British Stuntman Gary Connery Skydives Without Parachute | Strange News | Sky News

Comment

Working...
            X