GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script thetinman UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thetinman UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: thetinman diaries

Originally posted by thetinman View Post
    Capitol One

Type of account. Credit Card

Date commenced. 97

Date last paid. oct 2009

paying. was £1 token payment/not paying now

Status (default)

Account owner. cap 1

cca sent & received, niddy says

Aug 11: sent missing prescribed terms letter to cap 1
    Aug 11: capquest letter, our client cap 1 have referred us to manage your account, goes on to say we may visit you or start litigation
    sept 11: capquest letter, prior to the start of legal proceedings checks find no ccj at address, please contact us or forward to court.
    Sept 11: Account Sold whilst in Dispute letter sent.
    Oct 11: Received letter from cap one in answer to missing prescribed terms letter.
    NOV 11: Received LBA From capquest sent back Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action.
    Dec 11: letter off capquest, they are closing the account on their system.
    July 12: two letters off feds, one saying hello we are collecting for cap one, and then next day letter before action 7 days pay up or else
    July 12: sent Account Sold whilst in Dispute letter.
    July 12: received letter saying they had complied with section 78 request.
    Received a letter from bryan carter solicitors saying pay in full in next 14 days or they will recommend to there client that proceedings be issued without further notice, if I dispute liability for debt state reasons in writing and supply them with documents in support of my defence, anything I should send back .

Comment

Received a letter from bryan carter solicitors saying pay in full in next 14 days or they will recommend to there client that proceedings be issued without further notice, if I dispute liability for debt state reasons in writing and supply them with documents in support of my defence, anything I should send back .
      I Would send this if it were me----------> Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
        I Would send this if it were me----------> Threat by Creditor - Threat-o-Gram Letter Before Action
        Thanks in 2 deep for the quick reply I will get that in the post today

Comment

northern rock

Type of account (loan)

Date commenced. 2004

Date last paid. oct 2009

paying £1 token payment

Status (in arrears)

Account owner. northern rock

got this over the internet in 2004, they sent me a agreement in 2004 which I signed and it is the only original agreement I have a copy of which I kept for some sad reason, dont think its worth a cca check.
          Hi Happy new year to all, after starting the ue journey over two years ago now, I can now report that for the last 12 months not one letter off anyone ( touch wood ) so I have sent off for my last cca from northern rock and have now received it and will send it to niddy to see if it is enforceable or not.
          so to anyone out there thinking should I check my agreements or carry on paying ££££s for 150 years, get a diary set up and let everyone here help you.
          emailed niddy
          Last edited by thetinman; 3 January 2014, 11:11.

Comment

Re: thetinman UE Diary

Thank you TTM and Happy New Year to you too
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I'll reply to you directly on email later - just catching up with the hundreds of emails I have got to deal with
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Did I reply to you?

Sorry I've just cleared emails and can't remember
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

yes you did reply, you said it was unenforceable, there are no prescribed terms on the agreement, do I send them cca query - missing prescribed terms or wait and see what they send next, thanks for your help.

Comment

Wait and see what they send then send the template you mention

Comment

Littlewoods

Type of account (mail order cat)

Date commenced. 97

Date last paid. oct 2009

Not paying

Status (in arrears)

Account owner. shop direct

cca sent, letter sent back saying no cca but please keep paying

Sept 11: cca received
                      Sept 11: Final Response - Unenforceability (General) sent
                      dec 11: default notice .
                      Feb 12: sold account to arrow global
                      Feb 12: letter asking for payment from Fredrickson
                      Feb 12: sent letter to Freds CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA
                      Mar 12: received letter from Freds
                      April 12: received letter from Freds about home visit.
                      April 12: sending them Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
                      May 12: letter from freds solicitors.
                      May 12: sending sold while in dispute.
                      Sept 14: letter from arrow new solicitors agents
                      Sept 14: letter from reston
                      Hi all it has been very silent on all fronts lately until a letter from them pesty reston solicitors, saying pay up in 14 days or we may be instructed to issue court proceedings against you, and that we will not contact you again to warn you that proceedings will be issued.
                      so I sent them a cca request and the formal letter before action and I have received two replys on the cca they returned the letter and postal order and said they are not the creditor but a firm of solicitors, on the letter before action they say I rely heavily on the practice direction - pre action conduct and in particular annex a however, may we refer you to annex b which specifically relates to debt claims and the information that is to be provided, they then list how I can pay them stating that a discount was offered, contact details and details of free independent advice, they then say the claiment has acted in accordance with the relevant civil procedure rules furthermore annex b does not refer to the claimant having to list the documents it intends to rely on, they then corfirm the date the account was opened saying I would have received a copy of the terms and conditions and statements of account would have been sent monthly and that a default notice would have been served by shop direct as would the assignment once account sold to arrow.
                      they then finish if I have genuine dispute get in touch instead of relying on template letters from consumer forum websites which delay matters further, payment in 14 days or we may be instructed to commence legal proceedings.
                      phew after all that typing any ideas on what letter to send next to them or should I just send arrow a cca request and ignore restons.

Comment

Send arrow the cca request.... In it add a paragraph stating you're not happy at the actions of Restons and you want to formally complain about them. Something like this - add as a last paragraph to the cca -

"I'd like to formally complain about your unnecessary usage of heavy handed solicitors whom disregard the provisions of the consumer credit act (1974) specifically by refusing to honour my original request (copy attached). What they should have done is send it to you, the creditor. The fact they've returned it to me suggests they're trying to waste time and it's this behaviour and their bullying, quite alarming and threatening letters which requires immediate addressing."

Comment

they then finish if I have genuine dispute get in touch instead of relying on template letters from consumer forum websites which delay matters further
                          Cheeky buggers

I suppose at least they're bright enough to realize that the whole object of sending template letters is to delay matters further

Comment

thanks niddy I will get that off to arrow today.

Comment

Hi there

All quiet on the western front? Any news?

Best
                              SnV
                              "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                                Hi there

All quiet on the western front? Any news?

Best
                                SnV
                                All very quiet at the moment, and I hope it stays that way for a long time, thanks for asking

Comment

Working...
                                X