GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Invisible Man's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Man's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=InvisibleMan;n1521332][QUOTE=InvisibleMan;n1519280]
    Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post

Update

Comment

• Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
      Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND)

Credit card
      Date commenced: 2002
      Balance approx: £4,000
      Date last full payment: 2009
      Currently not paying
      Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
      Account owner: PRA

Key:
      Red text = creditor action
      blue text = my action
      green text = comment

Sept
      S.87 default notice served by Halifax
      Feb 1st
      SAR sent to Halifax

Feb 19th Reply from Halifax. Includes Recon copy of 'agreement', which appears to be just T&Cs (See my comment at bottom of post). State they will send original agreement under separate cover. Warning about not using the services of a claims management company!
      Mar 1st Send letter to Halifax pointing out I made a subject access request, not S.78, therefore I want a copy of the original agreement. They did not respond to this letter
      Mar 6th Letter from Halifax admitting they are unable to provide a copy of the original agreement
      July 8th Letter from Halifax stating account assigned to Activ Kapital
      July 8th Letter from Aktiv Kapital stating they have purchased account from LLoyds(!?). Since then it has always been referred to as a Lloyds account

Nov letter received saying Activ Kapital has changed name to PRA Group
      Jan letter received saying account assigned to PRA No notice of assignment received
      Jan Stopped payments
      May letter received demanding payment Ignored
      June letter before claim received from PRA investigation & litigation dept. Letter demands response within x days or court proceedings will be issued
      June 6th S.77-79 & LBA request letters sent to PRA
      June 14th Letter recvd from PRA in response to CCA request stating account on hold whilst they obtain requested information.
      June16th Letter recvd from PRA asking me to complete and return income & expenditure. Ignored
      June 18th Agreement sent to to Niddy

Apart from the recon 'agreement' Halifax sent me above in response to SAR, I also have what I believe may be an original, similar, document when opening the account. However, they have very different content. Both sent to Niddy

June 25th Niddy says the 'agreements' are just random terms, so are Advised to send missing PTs template if they pursue it

August 2018 - over a year later - letter received from PRA in response to my S.77-79 & LBA request, enclosing a 'copy' of alleged agreement. Ignored.
      November 2018 Letter before Claim received from PRA dated November, requiring response deadline later in December
      December 2018Agreement sent to Niddy
      December 12th Niddy says the latest agreement is illegible and missing terms, so is
      December 14th LBC response returned disputing the debt as in default of S.77/78 CCA request
      December 21st Letter from PRA acknowledging account in dispute and placed on hold
      January 2019 Further letter from PRA saying they are awaiting information and account still on hold
      March 2019 Letter from PRA admitting they are unable to satisfy Sec 77-78 request because OC cant supply original docs, so they are classifying the debt as
      Update

Comment

• That is fantastic news.......Hopefully it will remain that way........Keep that letter very safe
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spud View Post
          That is fantastic news.......Hopefully it will remain that way........Keep that letter very safe
          Thanks Spud, welcome news indeed

Comment

BARCLAYS (LOAN)

Unsecured loan
            Date commenced: 2008
            Balance approx: £20,000

Currently not paying
            Account owner: PRA

Key:
            blue text = my action
            green text = comment

"Pre-approved" online loan given when I was a Barclays customer

July s.87 Default Notice served by Barclays
            account assigned to PRA. Letter received from Barclays informing change of ownership
            January Stopped payments
            May chase letter received offering discount Ignored
            June 8th sec.77-79 CCA request sent to PRA
            June 14th Letter from PRA stating account on hold Ignored
            June 16th SAR sent to Barclays
            June 30th Letter from Barclays re the SAR, asking me to nominate a branch for them to despatch the SAR docs to, and that I will need to provide ID (passport, driving licence etc) in order to collect them. Apparently this is because I have changed address. Why can't they just post them to me?

Dec 2017 Chase letter from PRA. Ignored
            July 2018 Chase letter. Ignored
            Nov 2018Chase letter. Ignored
            Jan 2019Chase letter. Ignored

s77-79 CCA response never received from PRA
            Update
            Last edited by InvisibleMan; 12 April 2019, 15:22.

Comment

SAINSBURYS BANK 2

Unsecured Loan
              Date commenced: 2008
              Approx balance: £22,000
              Currently not paying
              Account owner: Cabot

Key:
              blue text = my action
              green text = comment

April DMP started

Jun 8th Receive assignment letter from Cabot, enclosing photocopy of notice of assignment from Sainsburys (which I never received directly)

Jun 23rd I reply stating I do not accept the p'copy and need the original NoA.

July 14th One-line letter from Sainsburys saying the account is sold to Cabot. I have never received a NoA.

July 21st Letter from Cabot informing me that Sainsburys have confirmed they have sent a NoA. But they haven't....

Aug Letter from Cabot offering 85% discount for final settlement. Gives some indication of how little they paid to 'own' this debt

Jan Stop DMP payments

Apr 14th Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

Apr 29th
              Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

May 31st "Talk to us" letter from Cabot. Ignored

To date ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.

June 22nd SAR sent to Sainsburys

June 22nd s.77-79 CCA sent to Cabot

June 22nd chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

July 12th Letter from Cabot acknowledging CCA request stating they cannot currently comply but have requested the relevant docs, and hope to comply within 40 days, after which they will write to me if not. They acknowledge the account is "temporarily unenforceable". Strangely they sent 3 identical copies of the letter on the same day, all dated the same and sent to the same address.

April Letter from Cabot stating they are unable to comply with s77-79 request and that the account is

Numerous begging letters received from Cabot since then, which obviously I have ignored.
              Update - good result to date!
              Last edited by InvisibleMan; 12 April 2019, 16:23.

Comment

• Very good news.......I have my fingers crossed for you
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spud View Post
                  Very good news.......I have my fingers crossed for you
                  thanks Spud

Comment

• Hello

It’s been four years since you stopped paying all your debts due to them being unenforceable following your s77-79 CCA Requests.

Has it all gone quiet since your last update or are you still being chased by any of them?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
                      Hello

It’s been four years since you stopped paying all your debts due to them being unenforceable following your s77-79 CCA Requests.

Has it all gone quiet since your last update or are you still being chased by any of them?

Di
                      Hello Di

Can't believe 4 years has flown by...

Most of the debts sold to cabot, who keep sending me very nice begging letters which I duly file. One other is with lowell, who similarly send begging letters. I confess I have been lazy in not updating my thread and will do so over the coming hols. It does surprise me how little 'chasing' they do in most cases.

IM

Comment

Hello Di

I confess I have been lazy in not updating my thread

You've not been lazy at all.

It seems that no news is good news - only update if Cabot or Lowell (or anyone else) turn up the heat as you get closer to Statute Barred status.

Di

Comment

Working...
                        X