GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Invisible Man's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Man's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

CAPITAL ONE

Credit card
    Date commenced: unsure, early 2000s
    Approx balance: £3,500
    Date last full payment: 2009
    Currently not paying
    Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
    Account owner: Capital One
    DCA: Apex

Key:
    Red text = creditor action
    blue text = my action
    green text = comment

Apr? receive new card after change of address. On reverse of letter is one-side credit card agreement.

April DMP started

Oct 19th S87 default notice served

Jan Stop DMP payments

Mar 28th Chase letter recvd from Cap Oneignored

Apr 4th Letter from Cap One advising that Apex acting on their behalf Ignored

May 6th "welcome to Apex" letter from Apex. Ignored

June 1st Chase letter from Apex. Ignored

June 15th
    Chase letter from Apex. Ignored

Should I send the agreement recvd in 2008 to Niddy, or send s.78 request to Cap One / Apex?

July 7th Letter from Capital One asking me to contact them directly to update my address. I will respond in the next few days
    Last edited by InvisibleMan; 20 July 2017, 20:16.

Comment

TESCO PERSONAL FINANCE (RBS)

Credit card
      Date commenced: unsure, 2007
      Approx balance: £6000
      Date last full payment: 2008
      Currently not paying
      Account owner: Paragon Personal Finance Ltd
      DCA: Idem Servicing

Key:
      blue text = my action
      green text = comment

April DMP started
      May S87 default notice served
      June Account termination letter from Tesco
      Jan Stop DMP payments
      May 10th Chase letter from Idem. ignored
      June 15th
      Chase letter from Idem. Ignored

No NoA ever received

​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.
      Last edited by InvisibleMan; 20 June 2017, 19:29.

Comment

SAINSBURYS BANK 1

Credit card
        Date commenced: 2008
        Approx balance: £3000
        Currently not paying
        Account owner: Arrow Global
        DCA: Moorcroft

Key:
        blue text = my action
        green text = comment

April DMP started
        Aug
        S87 default notice served
        Oct 31st Notice of intended litigation from Moorcroft
        Jan 7th Send letter to Moorcroft requesting docs under CPR
        Jan 22nd Moorcroft reply stating they are in the process of obtaining a copy of the consumer credit agreement.
        Feb 15th Moorcroft letter enclosing "requested documentation". All it contains is copy statements, but no agreement. The agreement was never supplied.

Jan Stop DMP payments
        Mar 17th Moorcroft send settlement offer. ignored

June 15th Letter from Moorcroft stating they are trying to contact me. Ignored
        June 16th Receive statement of account from - wait for it - Arrow Global, also informing me that the account was assigned to them in April 2013, and that Moorcroft are managing the account on their behalf. Nice of them to tell me the account was assigned 4 years ago, as I've never previously received any notice of this ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.
        June 22nd s.77-79 CCA request sent to Arrow Global
        June 22nd SAR sent to Sainsburys
        June 30th
        Letter from Sainsburys re the SAR, asking me to sign on the dotted line (literally) and return to them, so they can "complete their security checks". Methinks I'm not giving them my signature (SAR letter was typed signature). Can they refuse to comply without it?
        July 7th Letter from Arrow Global stating they do not accept they "are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute", but they will assist in obtaining the requested docs. Collection activity suspended pending provision of docs etc.
        August 2017 Letter from Arrow saying they're still waiting for docs from OC
        September 2017 Letter from Arrow saying they're still waiting

October Letter from Arrow responding to CCA request, enclosing copy agreement.

January Letter from Arrow saying account transferred to Drydens
        January Chase letter from Drydens. Ignored.

February LBC received from Drydens. Am sending agreement to Niddy for checking, before responding to LBC

February Niddy says
        Last edited by InvisibleMan; 15 February 2019, 21:33.

Comment

SAINSBURYS BANK 2

Unsecured Loan
          Approx balance: £22,000
          Currently not paying
          Account owner: Cabot

Key:
          blue text = my action
          green text = comment

April DMP started

Jun 8th Receive assignment letter from Cabot, enclosing photocopy of notice of assignment from Sainsburys (which I never received directly)

Jun 23rd I reply stating I do not accept the p'copy and need the original NoA.

July 14th One-line letter from Sainsburys saying the account is sold to Cabot. I have never received a NoA.

July 21st Letter from Cabot informing me that Sainsburys have confirmed they have sent a NoA. But they haven't....

Aug Letter from Cabot offering 85% discount for final settlement. Gives some indication of how little they paid to 'own' this debt

Jan Stop DMP payments

Apr 14th Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

Apr 29th
          Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

May 31st "Talk to us" letter from Cabot. Ignored

To date ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.

June 22nd SAR sent to Sainsburys

June 22nd s.77-79 CCA sent to Cabot

June 22nd chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

July 12th Letter from Cabot acknowledging CCA request stating they cannot currently comply but have requested the relevant docs, and hope to comply within 40 days, after which they will write to me if not. They acknowledge the account is "temporarily unenforceable". Strangely they sent 3 identical copies of the letter on the same day, all dated the same and sent to the same address.
          Last edited by InvisibleMan; 20 July 2017, 19:51.

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
            SAINSBURYS BANK 2

Loan
            Approx balance: £22,000
            Currently not paying
            Account owner: Cabot

Key:
            blue text = my action
            green text = comment

April DMP started
            Jun 8th Receive assignment letter from Cabot, enclosing photocopy of notice of assignment from Sainsburys (which I never received directly)
            Jun 23rd I reply stating I do not accept the p'copy and need the original NoA.
            July 14th One-line letter from Sainsburys saying the account is sold to Cabot. I have never received a NoA.
            July 21st Letter from Cabot informing me that Sainsburys have confirmed they have sent a NoA. But they haven't....
            Aug Letter from Cabot offering 85% discount for final settlement. Gives some indication of how little they paid to 'own' this debt
            Jan Stop DMP payments
            Apr 14th Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored
            Apr 29th
            Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored
            May 31st "Talk to us" letter from Cabot. Ignored

To date ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.
            This account was opened in 2008 but it may well have assignment issues

Do the letters make clear who actually owns it? Does it say Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd or a variation on that such as Cabot Financial (Europe) or (Marlin) Ltd? It matters.

Since it's £22k you might as well send Cabot the s 77-79 CCA Request now so you know what's out there.

Ditto the SAR to Sainsbury's so you'll know if any documents you receive from Cabot are 'accurate'.

Di

Comment

SAINSBURYS BANK 1

Credit card
              Approx balance: £3000
              Currently not paying
              Account owner: Arrow Global
              DCA: Moorcroft

Key:
              blue text = my action
              green text = comment

April DMP started
              Aug S87 default notice served
              Oct 31st Notice of intended litigation from Moorcroft
              Jan 7th Send letter to Moorcroft requesting docs under CPR
              Jan 22nd Moorcroft reply stating they are in the process of obtaining a copy of the consumer credit agreement.
              Feb 15th Moorcroft letter enclosing "requested documentation". All it contains is copy statements, but no agreement. The agreement was never supplied.
              Jan Stop DMP payments
              Mar 17th Moorcroft send settlement offer. ignored
              June 15th Letter from Moorcroft stating they are trying to contact me. Ignored
              June 16th Receive statement of account from - wait for it - Arrow Global, also informing me that the account was assigned to them in April 2013, and that Moorcroft are managing the account on their behalf.
              Nice of them to tell me the account was assigned 4 years ago, as I've never previously received any notice of this

To clarify, ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.
              You probably confused Moorcroft by sending them a CPR Request when legal proceedings hadn't been issued in January 2010.

Maybe see that as a dress rehearsal

Anyway as a result they didn't send you any credit agreement which might suggest there isn't one held on file for you (that may not stop then reconstituting one if push comes to shove).

Send a s 77-79 CCA Request to Arrow to see what they come up with.

Their response letter is likely to say they "don't envisage themselves as the creditor" and they'll send you back your £1 postal order. Nevertheless they'll probably be a sentence in the letter which says they'll contact the OC for documents and (possibly) the account will be on hold for now.

You will have sent Arrow a valid CCA request, and they will have sent you a helpful answer (their letter acknowledges your request).

No need to send a SAR because your SAR to Sainsbury's in relation to your loan in post # 80 will cover both since they have to send you absolutely everything held on file about you - a SAR is not account specific.

Di

Comment

TESCO PERSONAL FINANCE (RBS)

Credit card
                Date commenced: unsure, 2007
                Approx balance: £6000
                Date last full payment: 2008
                Currently not paying
                Account owner: Idem Servicing (Paragon Finance)

Key:
                blue text = my action
                green text = comment

April DMP started
                May S87 default notice served
                June Account termination letter from Tesco
                Jan Stop DMP payments
                May 10th Chase letter from Idem. ignored
                June 15th
                Chase letter from Idem. Ignored

​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.
                The next logical step would be to send Idem Servicing a s 77-79 CCA Request but since they're not giving you a hard time there's no real rush (except curiosity).

Since "Idem Servicing" doesn't own debts (they manage them) you may need to look back through your files to establish who is the actual owner. Paragon comes in different shapes and sizes all under the Paragon Group banner which includes Idem.

A Notice of Assignment should make things clear - if one was ever sent to you, that is.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
                  Do the letters make clear who actually owns it? Does it say Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd or a variation on that such as Cabot Financial (Europe) or (Marlin) Ltd? It matters.Di
                  The letter from Cabot informing me of assignment in 2010, stated that the account had been bought by "Cabot Financial Group". The contact address on that letter and all letters from Cabot since then, states "Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited". The photocopied letter of assignment from Sainsburys (not sure if it's legit - would it help if I post it?) which Cabot enclosed with the 2010 letter, states "the assignment....is entered into by Sainsbury's Bank and Cabot Financial (UK)". However, the letter goes on to say that account enquiries should be directed to "Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited".

I will send the requests as you suggest.

Comment

You probably confused Moorcroft by sending them a CPR Request when legal proceedings hadn't been issued in January 2010.

Maybe see that as a dress rehearsal

Anyway as a result they didn't send you any credit agreement which might suggest there isn't one held on file for you (that may not stop then reconstituting one if push comes to shove).

Send a s 77-79 CCA Request to Arrow to see what they come up with.

Their response letter is likely to say they "don't envisage themselves as the creditor" and they'll send you back your £1 postal order. Nevertheless they'll probably be a sentence in the letter which says they'll contact the OC for documents and (possibly) the account will be on hold for now.

You will have sent Arrow a valid CCA request, and they will have sent you a helpful answer (their letter acknowledges your request).

No need to send a SAR because your SAR to Sainsbury's in relation to your loan in post # 80 will cover both since they have to send you absolutely everything held on file about you - a SAR is not account specific.

Di
                    Thanks DI, I will send off the CCA request as you suggest. Why would Arrow not see themselves as the creditor when they own the account?

Comment

The next logical step would be to send Idem Servicing a s 77-79 CCA Request but since they're not giving you a hard time there's no real rush (except curiosity).

Since "Idem Servicing" doesn't own debts (they manage them) you may need to look back through your files to establish who is the actual owner. Paragon comes in different shapes and sizes all under the Paragon Group banner which includes Idem.

A Notice of Assignment should make things clear - if one was ever sent to you, that is.

Di
                      Sorry I wasn't very clear in the diary header, I will amend the entry to clarify. The DMP has the account owner down as "Paragon Personal Finance Ltd" since early 2015. However, I've never received any NoA. Just that the letters stopped from Tesco and started from Idem. The Idem letters never make any reference whatsoever to Paragon.

I will hang fire on the CCA request for now, and let sleeping dogs lie, for a little bit longer. Would I still send the CCA to Idem if they are only the dca?

Comment

The letter from Cabot informing me of assignment in 2010, stated that the account had been bought by "Cabot Financial Group". The contact address on that letter and all letters from Cabot since then, states "Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited". The photocopied letter of assignment from Sainsburys (not sure if it's legit - would it help if I post it?) which Cabot enclosed with the 2010 letter, states "the assignment....is entered into by Sainsbury's Bank and Cabot Financial (UK)". However, the letter goes on to say that account enquiries should be directed to "Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited".

I will send the requests as you suggest.
                        In one of the boxes on the right hand side of Cabot's letters (half way down) it usually states who the Current Creditor is.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                          In one of the boxes on the right hand side of Cabot's letters (half way down) it usually states who the Current Creditor is.
                          Doh! I hadn't noticed it! The Cabot letters state half way down on the right "Original lender - Sainsbury's loan. Current creditor - Cabot Financial UK Limited" I'm intrigued to know why it matters

Comment

The Cabot letters state half way down on the right "Original lender - Sainsbury's loan. Current creditor - Cabot Financial UK Limited" I'm intrigued to know why it matters
                            Previously posted on AAD >

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            Has anyone had any threats from Cabot this year?

Anything, from a threat of legal action to a demand for money - if so please post here....

Their FCA authorisation expired some months ago - hence anything they have done (in a regulated capacity since Feb 2015) would be a criminal offence

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                            Their website now lists them as Cabot Financial (Europe) Limited, which is currently authorised.

As is Cabot Financial (Marlin) Limited.

It's just Cabot Financial (UK) Limited which has lapsed, which presumably they no longer operate under?

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                            . . . unless you've been contacted by Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd. You'll notice they may show as assignor or as the creditor if it's gone legal.

If they aren't authorised they can't assign a debt, debt collect a debt or start action
                            Di

Comment

Originally posted by MisterK View Post
                              All your points taken Di and there's no alarm involved as such, it's more about whether detail as specific as that is required at such an early stage considering how much correspondence often seems to be involved - and perhaps balancing the pros & cons of slogging away putting it all out as opposed to just the really date critical material. Further down the road it could obviously be crucial to know exactly how many days have elapsed between point A & point B
                              Sorry I missed this post at the time you made it.

I think you'll just have to trust the forum to know what information is needed and when it's needed. AAD's objective is to prevent legal proceedings while at the same time 'building a case' event by event in readiness should a claim be issued.

Letters (and their dates) that may seem innocuous to the untrained eye, could be critical in the decision-making process along the line.

Or in other words, detail is needed at an early stage in order to be proactive with on-the-spot advice, in preference to waiting until a claim arrives when those dealing with the claim have a limited amount of time (days) to assess the member's likely prospects of success and advise accordingly.

Di

Comment

Is post #89 on the correct thread ??

Comment

Working...
                                X