GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Invisible Man's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Man's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
    Is post #89 on the correct thread ??
    Yes it is

See post # 61 on this thread

Di

Comment

Are you awaiting an email reply from me or are we up to date? If so please resend as I didn't download emails last week whilst I was away as it burned my data allowance.

Cheers.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I sent various agreements for UE checking. I'll go back over them and re-send. Which is the best way to send, to Webmaster email?

Thanks

Comment

Yep perfect. Thanks.
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post

MINT / RBS

Credit card
            Date commenced: 2005
            Approx balance: £10,000
            Date last full payment: 2009
            Currently not paying
            Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
            Account owner: RBS
            DCA: Wescott

Key:
            Red text = creditor action
            blue text = my action
            green text = comment

April DMP started
            May S87 default notice served
            June
            'Account terminated' letter from Mint
            July Letter from RBS that Wescott are now managing account

May 6th Chase letter recvd from Wescott ignored
            June 19th Original 'agreement' sent to Niddy

June 26th Niddy says the original has no signed agreement and no accurate terms, so is
            Update. Great news

Comment

HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND)

Credit card
              Date commenced: 2002
              Balance approx: £4,000
              Currently not paying
              Account owner: PRA

Key:
              blue text = my action
              green text = comment

Sept
              S.87 default notice served by Halifax
              Feb 1st
              SAR sent to Halifax

Feb 19th Reply from Halifax. Includes Recon copy of 'agreement', which appears to be just T&Cs (See my comment at bottom of post). State they will send original agreement under separate cover. Warning about not using the services of a claims management company!
              Mar 1st Send letter to Halifax pointing out I made a subject access request, not S.78, therefore I want a copy of the original agreement. They did not respond to this letter
              Mar 6th Letter from Halifax admitting they are unable to provide a copy of the original agreement
              July 8th Letter from Halifax stating account assigned to Activ Kapital
              July 8th Letter from Aktiv Kapital stating they have purchased account from LLoyds(!?). Since then it has always been referred to as a Lloyds account

Nov letter received saying Activ Kapital has changed name to PRA Group
              Jan letter received saying account assigned to PRA No notice of assignment received
              Jan Stopped payments
              May letter received demanding payment Ignored
              June letter before claim received from PRA investigation & litigation dept. Letter demands response within x days or court proceedings will be issued
              June 6th S.77-79 & LBA request letters sent to PRA
              June 14th Letter recvd from PRA in response to CCA request stating account on hold whilst they obtain requested information.
              June16th Letter recvd from PRA asking me to complete and return income & expenditure. Ignored
              June 18th Agreement sent to to Niddy

Apart from the recon 'agreement' Halifax sent me above in response to SAR, I also have what I believe may be an original, similar, document when opening the account. However, they have very different content. Both sent to Niddy

June 25th Niddy says the 'agreements' are just random terms, so are Advised to send missing PTs template if they pursue it
              Update!
              Oh joy, can't wait for the next letter from PRA...
              Last edited by InvisibleMan; 25 June 2017, 11:11.

Comment

MBNA

Credit card
                Date commenced: 2001
                Balance approx: £11,000
                Currently not paying
                Account owner: Hillesden Securities aka Direct Legal & Collections

Key:
                blue text = my action
                green text = comment

April 1. DMP offer made. (NB MBNA accept DMP payments every month until June 2011)
                June 2. Letter from MBNA rejecting DMP offer!
                Sept 9th 3. Demand letter from MBNA
                Sept 25th 4. CCA request sent to MBNA
                Oct 8th 5. MBNA reply to 4. above, with copy of agreement & separate T&Cs
                Oct 9th 6. MBNA send sec 87 default notice
                Oct 19th 7. MBNA send letter informing me they have sold the account to “Direct Legal (Dtl)”
                Oct 26th 8. Letter from Direct Legal & Collections (dlc) that the account has been sold to “Hillesden, trading as Direct Legal & Collections (dlc)”
                Nov 9th 9. Demand letter from dlc
                Nov 14th 10. Letter sent to MBNA, challenging the enforceability of the improperly executed agreement sent at 5. above
                Nov 19th 11. “Notice of debt recovery” from dlc on behalf of Hillesden
                Nov 24th 12. Letter from Hillesden in response to 10. above, admitting they cannot produce a copy of the agreement
                Dec 16th 13. Letter from MBNA in response to 10. above, stating my objections “are not well founded” and "unacceptable"
                Jan 7th 14. Letter sent to Hillesden in response to 11. above, requesting all relevant documentation under the CPR
                Jan 28th 15. A 2nd Sec 87 default notice received, from dlc “on behalf of Hillesden”
                Feb 10th 16. Letter from Hillesden in response to 14. above, stating they are waiting for a copy of the original default notice from MBNA. They also enclose a “copy” of the agreement, but it is different to 5. above, as the T&Cs have an additional paragraph not in the earlier copy sent to me
                Feb 19th 17. Letter from Hillesden quoting McGuffick v RBS, and admitting they “may not be able to enforce the agreement until the documentation is provided”, but will continue collection action anyway
                May 19th 18. Letter from Hillesden stating that enclosed is a copy of the original default notice from MBNA, and that they will continue collection action. However there is no copy of default enclosed.
                Throughout all the above, and continuing until June 2011 when the DMP started paying Hillesden, MBNA happily received DMP payments, even though they claim to have sold the account in 2009.

June Agreement sent to Niddy for checking

June 25th
                Niddy says the agreement is fairly illegible, and as it stands Advised to send illegibility template if they pursue it.
                Update.

More good news
                Last edited by InvisibleMan; 25 June 2017, 11:13.

Comment

SAINSBURYS BANK 1

Credit card
                  Date commenced: 2008
                  Approx balance: £3000
                  Currently not paying
                  Account owner: Arrow Global
                  DCA: Moorcroft

Key:
                  blue text = my action
                  green text = comment

April DMP started
                  Aug S87 default notice served

Oct 31st Notice of intended litigation from Moorcroft
                  Jan 7th Send letter to Moorcroft requesting docs under CPR
                  Jan 22nd Moorcroft reply stating they are in the process of obtaining a copy of the consumer credit agreement.
                  Feb 15th Moorcroft letter enclosing "requested documentation". All it contains is copy statements, but no agreement. The agreement was never supplied.

Jan Stop DMP payments
                  Mar 17th Moorcroft send settlement offer. ignored

June 15th Letter from Moorcroft stating they are trying to contact me. Ignored
                  June 16th Receive statement of account from - wait for it - Arrow Global, also informing me that the account was assigned to them in April 2013, and that Moorcroft are managing the account on their behalf.
                  Nice of them to tell me the account was assigned 4 years ago, as I've never previously received any notice of this
                  ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.
                  22nd June s.
                  77-79 CCA request sent to Arrow Global
                  22nd June SAR sent to Sainsburys
                  Update
                  Last edited by InvisibleMan; 25 June 2017, 12:45.

Comment

SAINSBURYS BANK 2

Unsecured Loan
                    Date commenced: 2008
                    Approx balance: £22,000
                    Currently not paying
                    Account owner: Cabot

Key:
                    blue text = my action
                    green text = comment

April DMP started
                    Jun 8th Receive assignment letter from Cabot, enclosing photocopy of notice of assignment from Sainsburys (which I never received directly)
                    Jun 23rd I reply stating I do not accept the p'copy and need the original NoA.
                    July 14th One-line letter from Sainsburys saying the account is sold to Cabot. I have never received a NoA.
                    July 21st Letter from Cabot informing me that Sainsburys have confirmed they have sent a NoA. But they haven't....
                    Aug Letter from Cabot offering 85% discount for final settlement. Gives some indication of how little they paid to 'own' this debt

Jan Stop DMP payments
                    Apr 14th Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored

Apr 29th
                    Chase letter from Cabot. Ignored
                    May 31st "Talk to us" letter from Cabot. Ignored
                    To date ​I have never sent a SAR or CCA request.

June 22nd SAR sent to Sainsburys
                    June 22nd s.77-79 CA sent to Cabot
                    June 22nd chase letter from Cabot. Ignored
                    Update
                    Last edited by InvisibleMan; 25 June 2017, 20:23.

Comment

• Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post

NORTHERN ROCK

Unsecured loan
                      Date commenced: 2006
                      Approx balance: £12,000
                      Currently not paying
                      Status in arrears, defaulted 2011
                      Account owner: Cabot

Key:
                      blue text = my action
                      green text = comment

April DMP started
                      Oct Letter from Northern Rock stating loan now managed by NRAM
                      Sept Sec 87 default notice from NRAM, even though the DMP has been up and running for over 2 years and no payments missed
                      Oct Letter from NRAM to say loan sold to Marlin
                      Oct NoA received from Marlin
                      Feb Letter from Marlin advising they are now part of Cabot
                      Apr Chase letter from Cabot ignored
                      May Chase letter from Cabot ignored
                      June 16th s77-79 request to Cabot
                      June 22ndChase letter from Cabot. Ignored
                      Update

Comment

MBNA

Credit card
                        Date commenced: 2001
                        Balance approx: £11,000
                        Currently not paying
                        Account owner: Hillesden Securities aka Direct Legal & Collections

Key:
                        blue text = my action
                        green text = comment

April 1. DMP offer made. (NB MBNA accept DMP payments every month until June 2011)
                        June 2. Letter from MBNA rejecting DMP offer!
                        Sept 9th 3. Demand letter from MBNA
                        Sept 25th 4. CCA request sent to MBNA
                        Oct 8th 5. MBNA reply to 4. above, with copy of agreement & separate T&Cs
                        Oct 9th 6. MBNA send sec 87 default notice
                        Oct 19th 7. MBNA send letter informing me they have sold the account to “Direct Legal (Dtl)”
                        Oct 26th 8. Letter from Direct Legal & Collections (dlc) that the account has been sold to “Hillesden, trading as Direct Legal & Collections (dlc)”
                        Nov 9th 9. Demand letter from dlc
                        Nov 14th 10. "Account in Dispute" Letter sent to MBNA, challenging the enforceability of the improperly executed agreement sent at 5. above
                        Nov 19th 11. “Notice of debt recovery” from dlc on behalf of Hillesden
                        Nov 24th 12. Letter from Hillesden in response to 10. above, admitting they cannot produce a copy of the agreement
                        Dec 16th 13. Letter from MBNA in response to 10. above, stating my objections “are not well founded” and "unacceptable"
                        Jan 7th 14. Letter sent to Hillesden in response to 11. above, requesting all relevant documentation under the CPR
                        Jan 28th 15. A 2nd Sec 87 default notice received, from dlc “on behalf of Hillesden”
                        Feb 10th 16. Letter from Hillesden in response to 14. above, stating they are waiting for a copy of the original default notice from MBNA. They also enclose a “copy” of the agreement, but it is different to 5. above, as the T&Cs have an additional paragraph not in the earlier copy sent to me
                        Feb 19th 17. Letter from Hillesden quoting McGuffick v RBS, and admitting they “may not be able to enforce the agreement until the documentation is provided”, but will continue collection action anyway
                        May 19th 18. Letter from Hillesden stating that enclosed is a copy of the original default notice from MBNA, and that they will continue collection action. However there is no copy of default enclosed.
                        Throughout all the above, and continuing until June 2011 when the DMP started paying Hillesden, MBNA happily received DMP payments, even though they claim to have sold the account in 2009.

March Letter from dlc informing me that the account has been bought by "ME 111 Limited", and stating that ME 111 Limited and Hillesden Securities are both part of the "Cabot Credit Management Group". Also says "although ME 11 Limited are the legal and beneficial owners of your account, you should continue to communicate with, and make payments, to your current service provider" - not sure if that refers to dlc or Hillesden?
                        June 15th Letter from dlc providing statement of account for the last 6 years. States creditor name as MBNA
                        June Agreement sent to Niddy for checking

June 25th
                        Niddy says the agreement is fairly illegible, and as it stands Advised to send illegibility template if they pursue it.

Update: I've just found a letter in my files, dated March 2016, from dlc (I've now inserted it into the timeline above), informing me that "ME 111 Limited" bought the account from Hillesden, and that they are both part of the "Cabot Credit Management Group". Should I send anything off to any of them, or sit tight for now?
                        Update

Comment

• BARCLAYS (OVERDRAFT)

Overdraft on personal current account
                          Date account commenced: c.1993
                          Approx balance: £2,500
                          Currently not paying
                          Account owner: Barclays
                          dca: Arvato Financial Solutions

Key:

blue text = my action
                          green text = comment

Essentially, the current account had an authorised overdraft of £1,600, plus a 'reserve' of £1,000 (I was seen as a very good customer up to that point). When my finances hit the rocks, I used it all up.

April DMP started.
                          Barclays wrote to say they rejected the DMP offer, but nonetheless accepted it....

June Termination notice from Barclays.

June 16thSAR to Barclays

June 22ndLetter from Barclays that Arvato Financial Solutions is managing the account on behalf of Barclays. Ignored

June 22nd chase letter from Arvato. Ignored

July 12th Letter from Arvato offering discount to settle account. Ignored
                          Last edited by InvisibleMan; 20 July 2017, 19:37.

Comment

I sent various agreements for UE checking
                            You've got off to a good start !

That's four unenforceable credit agreements already

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

You've got off to a good start !

That's four unenforceable credit agreements already

Di
                              Lol I won't get carried away but I must admit I'm feeling quite chipper at the moment. It's great to begin to take back control of a situation that for so long has seemed hopeless. I've got just 2 more accounts to add to the diary - both vehicle related. The support on the forum is unbelievable.

Comment

• SAR sent to ex DMP provider
                                Last edited by InvisibleMan; 28 June 2017, 21:24. Reason: date removed

Comment

Working...
                                X