GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Invisible Man's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Man's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

All your points taken Di and there's no alarm involved as such, it's more about whether detail as specific as that is required at such an early stage considering how much correspondence often seems to be involved - and perhaps balancing the pros & cons of slogging away putting it all out as opposed to just the really date critical material. Further down the road it could obviously be crucial to know exactly how many days have elapsed between point A & point B, but as you so rightly say that's when it goes to AAD+ anyway.

It's brilliant that no one's identity has been revealed/discovered yet, though dare I mention that a DCA might need to have a screw loose to let you know they'd found a useful back channel. However this is not exactly cold war stuff, I'd be the first to agree..

Taking the wider view, no-one in this community should have to feel any paranoia and I know that transparency should always win in the end, so I'll rest my case.

You're very dedicated to be doing this on such a beautiful day, I'm sure many people have a lot to thank you for Di. Thank you for reading my input, hopefully it's of use. Kind regards.
    Last edited by MisterK; 18 June 2017, 15:41.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterK View Post
      All your points taken Di and there's no alarm involved as such, it's more about whether detail as specific as that is required at such an early stage considering how much correspondence often seems to be involved - and perhaps balancing the pros & cons of slogging away putting it all out as opposed to just the really date critical material. Further down the road it could obviously be crucial to know exactly how many days have elapsed between point A & point B, but as you so rightly say that's when it goes to AAD+ anyway.

It's brilliant that no one's identity has been revealed/discovered yet, though dare I mention that a DCA might need to have a screw loose to let you know they'd found a useful back channel. However this is not exactly cold war stuff, I'd be the first to agree..

Taking the wider view, no-one in this community should have to feel any paranoia and I know that transparency should always win in the end, so I'll rest my case.

You're very dedicated to be doing this on such a beautiful day, I'm sure many people have a lot to thank you for Di. Thank you for reading my input, hopefully it's of use. Kind regards.
      I am very grateful for the Mods and Di for their pearls of Wisdom
      "..it's more about whether detail as specific as that is required at such an early stage considering how much correspondence often seems to be involved - and perhaps balancing the pros & cons of slogging away putting it all out as opposed to just the really date critical material. .."
      The AAD Diary route works and avoids the mistakes of Hindsight (your observation above are hindsight) by Foresight of Current issues and Law.
      I don't think you have perhaps thought enough about the Wisdom of the AAD Case approach. For me I will SLOG away so that the really critical material IS IDENTIFIED by the MODS and very experienced members.

Comment

Hi Roger, I'm actually a complete believer & supporter of the AAD process. No ifs & buts.

Not everyone provides a fully dated log of every letter received and I admire those who do at least as much as those who don't. It's not my place at all to suggest that anyone should do any differently to what they already do, Far from it. I'm just hoping I might be able to make a useful comment that some might find helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterK View Post
          Hi Roger, I'm actually a complete believer & supporter of the AAD process. No ifs & buts.

Not everyone provides a fully dated log of every letter received and I admire those who do at least as much as those who don't. It's not my place at all to suggest that anyone should do any differently to what they already do, Far from it. I'm just hoping I might be able to make a useful comment that some might find helpful.
          AAD wisely head up old entries with the warning reference Old Threads. Which is my point about Hindsight and Foresight.
          What a beautiful Day!!!

"..Warning: This is an Old Thread
          This discussion is older than 365 days. information contained in it may no longer be current

Comment

No problems Roger. We'd best leave Invisible's thread or he'll start to think it's been hijacked.

It is indeed a beautiful day.

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
              See my post # 58 for reassurance

Di
              Thanks Di, that is re-assuring, and as I wrote earlier, I will amend the diary entries to show dates, as I can see the relevance of doing so. If I'm honest, I think, so what if a dca sees it and puts two and two together, I'm doing nothing wrong, and we still (just about) live in a democracy.

Over the past few years I have lived in continual fear of these people, and what I perceived they could do to me, my family, my job and my life. I know this has created in me a 'siege mentality', hence the paranoia. And I'm not too difficult to track down online because of my job. But then I was fighting them on my own, on and off, with little success. Now I'm here, I'm not alone and in good hands, and I don't fear them any more.

The support from members of this site, whether it is direct advice, or reading someone else's journey, is amazing, and has already transformed my outlook, my only regret is that I didn't find it years ago! However, back when this all started, I had brief experience on another popular forum, where I found that I was bombarded by the opinions of many, often in disagreement with one another, which wasn't much use to me as I didn't know who to believe.

So to come here and get expert advice every step of the way, is priceless, and whilst I eagerly read the opinions of others on the same journey, I will only be acting on the advice of the experts - no offence MisterK

Comment

No offence taken in the slightest, Invisible. I'm no expert here and I have absolutely no mandate to give anyone advice. I'm just another AAD'er doing pretty much the same as you and everyone else. Many people seem to tag entries with just the month & year, not the exact date, so putting the precise date on entries must be quite a recent move. I think that for most of the threatograms that are sent out it doesn't matter very much and I certainly don't list those individually anyway. There are clearly times when it's much more important, e.g. to check whether a DN is valid. I do exactly what the team recommends for the important items like that, writing the date actually received on the envelope, stapling the envelope to the letter etc. so there can be no doubt.

On the issue of a DCA putting two and two together, I think on balance there's probably more positive to it than any negative. I suspect most DCA's knowing that AAD might be involved will want to steer clear and look for easier targets. In fact with that in mind I think when a template goes to a DCA there is a good case to sign (using a suitable font) over the AAD signature strip and let them know that way who your support team is. They might be more likely to back off, knowing they are on the losing side.

But that's not advice, just in case I'm about to be misunderstood, it's just another thought. I've yet to send a template to a DCA (as opposed to an OC) although that is probably now not too far away.

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
                  HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND)

Credit card
                  Date commenced: 2002
                  Balance approx: £4,000
                  Date last full payment: 2009
                  Currently not paying
                  Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
                  Account owner: PRA

Key:
                  Red text = creditor action
                  blue text = my action
                  green text = comment

Sept
                  S.87 default notice served by Halifax
                  Feb 1st
                  SAR sent to Halifax

Feb 19th Reply from Halifax. Includes Recon copy of 'agreement', which appears to be just T&Cs (See my comment at bottom of post). State they will send original agreement under separate cover. Warning about not using the services of a claims management company!
                  Mar 1st Send letter to Halifax pointing out I made a subject access request, not S.78, therefore I want a copy of the original agreement. They did not respond to this letter
                  Mar 6th Letter from Halifax admitting they are unable to provide a copy of the original agreement
                  July 8th Letter from Halifax stating account assigned to Activ Kapital
                  July 8th Letter from Aktiv Kapital stating they have purchased account from LLoyds(!?). Since then it has always been referred to as a Lloyds account
                  Nov letter received saying Activ Kapital has changed name to PRA Group
                  Jan letter received saying account assigned to PRA No notice of assignment received
                  Jan Stopped payments
                  May letter received demanding payment Ignored
                  June letter before claim received from PRA investigation & litigation dept. Letter demands response within x days or court proceedings will be issued
                  June 6th CCA & LBA request letters sent to PRA
                  June 14th Letter recvd from PRA in response to CCA request stating account on hold whilst they obtain requested information.
                  June16th Letter recvd from PRA asking me to complete and return income & expenditure. Ignored

Apart from the recon 'agreement' Halifax sent me above in response to SAR, I also have what I believe may be an original, similar, document when opening the account. However, they have very different content. I am sending both to Niddy for advice re enforceability
                  Updated

Comment

BARCLAYS

Unsecured loan
                    Date commenced: 2008
                    Balance approx: £20,000
                    Currently not paying

Key:
                    blue text = my action
                    green text = comment

"Pre-approved" online loan given when I was a Barclays customer

account assigned to PRA. Letter received from Barclays informing change of ownership
                    January Stopped payments
                    May chase letter received offering discount Ignored
                    June 8th sec.77-79 CCA request sent
                    June 14th Letter from PRA stating account on hold Ignored
                    June 16th SAR sent to Barclays
                    Updated

Comment

Re: Invisible Man's UE Diary

BARCLAYCARD

Credit card
                      Date commenced: 2005
                      Approx balance: £200
                      Date last paid: early 2017
                      Currently not paying
                      Status in arrears, defaulted twice in 2009/10
                      Account owner: Cabot

This is the smallest debt, but strangely the only one still showing on my credit file, as it was registered by Cabot in 2011 (can they do that?) so will fall off in a few months anyway. Barclaycard was never able to produce an agreement of any description. I can't recall applying for it, but I was a Barclays customer and had already had another Barclaycard since the 1990s, at one point having both at the same time.

Key:
                      blue text = my action
                      green text = comment

April 1. DMP offer made. (Barclaycard accept the DMP payments every month until Nov 2011, before selling to Cabot)
                      October 5th 2. Sec 87 default notice from Mercers, accompanied by threat of court action
                      Jan 7th 3. Send letter to Mercers requesting documentation under the CPR
                      Jan 11th 4. Demand letter from Calder Financial
                      Jan 22nd 5. Barclaycard reply to 3. above, and state they will “send credit agreement under separate cover”. This has never been sent.
                      Jan 22nd 6. Barclaycard also send separately a copy of up to date T&Cs
                      Feb 3rd 7. SAR letter sent to Barclaycard
                      Mar 9th 8. Response from Barclaycard to SAR. Includes old statements, letters etc, but no agreement
                      Mar 11th 10. 2nd Sec 87 default notice from Mercers
                      Nov 11. Letter from Barclaycard informing me they have sold the account to Cabot
                      Dec 12. Letter from Cabot referencing transfer of the account
                      May 13. Notice of arrears from Cabot
                      June 18th s.77-79 request sent to Cabot
                      Updated

Comment

NORTHERN ROCK

Unsecured loan
                        Date commenced: 2006
                        Approx balance: £12,000
                        Date last paid: early 2017
                        Currently not paying
                        Status in arrears, defaulted 2011
                        Account owner: Cabot

Key:
                        blue text = my action
                        green text = comment

April DMP started
                        Oct Letter from Northern Rock stating loan now managed by NRAM
                        Sept Sec 87 default notice from NRAM, even though the DMP has been up and running for over 2 years and no payments missed
                        Oct Letter from NRAM to say loan sold to Marlin
                        Oct NoA received from Marlin
                        Feb Letter from Marlin advising they are now part of Cabot
                        Apr Chase letter from Cabot ignored
                        May Chase letter from Cabot ignored
                        June 16th s77-79 request to Cabot
                        Updated

Comment

HALIFAX (BANK of SCOTLAND)

Credit card
                          Date commenced: 2002
                          Balance approx: £4,000
                          Currently not paying

Key:
                          blue text = my action
                          green text = comment

Sept
                          S.87 default notice served by Halifax
                          Feb 1st
                          SAR sent to Halifax

Feb 19th Reply from Halifax. Includes Recon copy of 'agreement', which appears to be just T&Cs (See my comment at bottom of post). State they will send original agreement under separate cover. Warning about not using the services of a claims management company!
                          Mar 1st Send letter to Halifax pointing out I made a subject access request, not S.78, therefore I want a copy of the original agreement. They did not respond to this letter
                          Mar 6th Letter from Halifax admitting they are unable to provide a copy of the original agreement
                          July 8th Letter from Halifax stating account assigned to Activ Kapital
                          July 8th Letter from Aktiv Kapital stating they have purchased account from LLoyds(!?). Since then it has always been referred to as a Lloyds account
                          Nov letter received saying Activ Kapital has changed name to PRA Group
                          Jan letter received saying account assigned to PRA No notice of assignment received
                          Jan Stopped payments
                          May letter received demanding payment Ignored
                          June letter before claim received from PRA investigation & litigation dept. Letter demands response within x days or court proceedings will be issued
                          June 6th S.77-79 & LBA request letters sent to PRA
                          June 14th Letter recvd from PRA in response to CCA request stating account on hold whilst they obtain requested information.
                          June16th Letter recvd from PRA asking me to complete and return income & expenditure. Ignored
                          June 18th Agreement sent to to Niddy

Apart from the recon 'agreement' Halifax sent me above in response to SAR, I also have what I believe may be an original, similar, document when opening the account. However, they have very different content.

Updated

Comment

MINT / RBS

Credit card
                            Approx balance: £10,000
                            Currently not paying
                            Account owner: RBS
                            DCA: Wescott

Key:
                            blue text = my action
                            green text = comment

April DMP started
                            May S87 default notice served
                            June
                            'Account terminated' letter from Mint
                            July Letter from RBS that Wescott are now managing account

May 6th Chase letter recvd from Wescott ignored
                            June 19th Original 'agreement' sent to Niddy

June 26th Niddy says the original has no signed agreement and no accurate terms, so is
                            Last edited by InvisibleMan; 25 June 2017, 08:37.

Comment

MINT / RBS

Credit card
                              Approx balance: £10,000
                              Currently not paying
                              Account owner: RBS
                              DCA: Wescott

Key:
                              blue text = my action
                              green text = comment

April DMP started
                              May S87 default notice served
                              June
                              'Account terminated' letter from Mint
                              July Letter from RBS that Wescott are now managing account
                              May 6th Chase letter recvd from Wescott ignored
                              June 19th Original 'agreement' sent to Niddy
                              Is the "original agreement" which you've sent to Niddy from your own files since you've not yet sent a CCA Request yet, or was it from a previous SAR to RBS?

Not all lenders scanned the originals in the olden days so even if you have your copy from then (2005) it may not be found 12 years later especially if sought by a debt purchaser.

At the moment your account is with the OC using Wescott to chase you. They typically give up when you send a CCA Request and then the OC may well sell on the account.

There's nothing you need to do at the moment.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
                                Is the "original agreement" which you've sent to Niddy from your own files since you've not yet sent a CCA Request yet, or was it from a previous SAR to RBS?

Not all lenders scanned the originals in the olden days so even if you have your copy from then (2005) it may not be found 12 years later especially if sought by a debt purchaser.

At the moment your account is with the OC using Wescott to chase you. They typically give up when you send a CCA Request and then the OC may well sell on the account.

There's nothing you need to do at the moment.

Di
                                I've never made a SAR to RBS. The "original agreement" is the one I just happen to have on file. There is no other documentation with it so I'm assuming it is the original. It appears to have a date of 2005 on it. I then have on file a second 'agreement' received a year later which is just one page on the reverse of a letter they sent me with a new credit card attached. The 2 documents are very very different. I've sent both to Niddy.
                                Last edited by InvisibleMan; 19 June 2017, 20:30.

Comment

Working...
                                X