GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Invisible Man's UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisible Man's UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Invisible Man's UE diary

Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
    I have one query if anyone can advise please. What is the best thing to do when having a change of address. Do you advise notifying creditors immediately? Is there any legal requirement to tell them, or does it matter if you don't tell them and get mail re-directed from what effectively becomes a correspondence address? Does anyone have experience of being in this situation?
    I have had my mail redirected from my previous address for several years, just to make sure that I don't get caught out as per TheTechClerk's post above. It was just as well, as last year correspondence was sent to my old address by a debt purchaser's DCA and also their solicitors with a threat of court proceedings without further notice. This was in spite of the fact that the letters advising me that the debt purchaser had acquired the account had been sent to my current address.

Some of these organisations cannot be trusted to act in a proper manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
      I have had my mail redirected from my previous address for several years, just to make sure that I don't get caught out as per TheTechClerk's post above. It was just as well, as last year correspondence was sent to my old address by a debt purchaser's DCA and also their solicitors with a threat of court proceedings without further notice. This was in spite of the fact that the letters advising me that the debt purchaser had acquired the account had been sent to my current address.

The dirty debt collection trade - never changes. that is how most cases go to court and CCJs obtained by deception, but of course if actual address is known that could not happen.??
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
        CRA records get changed to show new/old addresses as per Banks etc, many people in debt fall foul of debt purchasers who get a CCJ by default as served on old address then it cost monies to get set a side and defend, the onus is on you you inform or take the chance, then a set aside stating sent to old address can be a headache if some smart DJ ask why you did not inform the new address to bank/credit card company etc etc also if you do not have a good case to act on after a set aside can be refused. just thoughts?

These days it is near impossible to stay invisible = excuse the Pun!!
        Yes, I guess there's nothing to be gained practically speaking...

Comment

Originally posted by Still Waving View Post

I think that is a sensible approach, although I believe you can only re-direct for 4 years max.

Comment

there is a time limit I found when trying to extend
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
              there is a time limit I found when trying to extend
              I just had a look up at their recent terms (march 2016), and it does say that; 'the maximum redirection term is 4 years, including any extensions'.

Comment

There are ways and means.

Comment

I had around £125k of unsecured debt with around a dozen creditors, some pre-, some post-2007. At first I took on the creditors, with SARs etc, but wasn’t too sure what I was doing or what I was trying to achieve. Defaults followed.

. . . Fast forward 8 years of DMP, never missed a payment, and still over 40 years to go, I can’t really see the point of continuing (with the DMP). During that time the majority of accounts have been ‘sold on’ once or more

. . . . Having stopped the DMP payments recently, the letters have started from creditors.
                  You've started the ball rolling with the PRA one so why not tackle the rest

Make a separate post for each one and the forum will guide you on your next move.

Be prepared for a lot of noise at first now that you've stopped your DMP. The creditors will have got used to their monthly payments (for 8 years!) so will be a bit surprised to see the worm has turned.

Did you keep the SARs you sent? They may come in handy further down the line if you did.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post
                    You've started the ball rolling with the PRA one so why not tackle the rest

Make a separate post for each one and the forum will guide you on your next move.

Be prepared for a lot of noise at first now that you've stopped your DMP. The creditors will have got used to their monthly payments (for 8 years!) so will be a bit surprised to see the worm has turned.

Did you keep the SARs you sent? They may come in handy further down the line if you did.

Di
                    I'm definitely going to be posting the rest. I hadn't realised how much paperwork I've accumulated over the years (never thrown any away) and it's taking me a while to put it all in order. There's a second one currently with PRA so I will do that next.

I have some of the SARs. Unfortunately a lot of the letters I kept on a memory stick which then got lost (lesson - always make a backup copy!). However, I do have all the responses I received.
                    Last edited by InvisibleMan; 7 June 2017, 20:49.

Comment

There's a second one currently with PRA so I will do that next.
                      Another PRA debt. I shall look forward to seeing that one

Who was the original creditor?

Have you already sent them (PRA) a s.77-79 CCA Request? If not then do that now. Link > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038

But if you've previously sent one then don't send another at this point until it's been established whether the response to the first one deems the debt unenforceable or not.

Di

Comment

Another PRA debt. I shall look forward to seeing that one

Who was the original creditor?

Have you already sent them (PRA) a s.77-79 CCA Request? If not then do that now. Link > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495038

But if you've previously sent one then don't send another at this point until it's been established whether the response to the first one deems the debt unenforceable or not.

Di
                        The OC was Barclays (loan). I don't recall ever sending a CCA request for this one. I'll start the post later.

Comment

The OC was Barclays (loan). I don't recall ever sending a CCA request for this one.
                          If it was a Barclays loan then send PRA a s. 77-79 CCA Request pronto.

Loans fall under section 77 but PRA may not know about the debt's origin (they buy a name/number/balance outstanding etc) so don't make it easy for them (which is why I said put s.77-79 on your request letter).

Any chance there was PPI on the loan account (or any of your other accounts)?

Di

Comment

If it was a Barclays loan then send PRA a s. 77-79 CCA Request pronto.

Loans fall under section 77 but PRA may not know about the debt's origin (they buy a name/number/balance outstanding etc) so don't make it easy for them (which is why I said put s.77-79 on your request letter).

Any chance there was PPI on the loan account (or any of your other accounts)?

Di
                            Thanks Di, that's useful advice, I will send straightaway.

Re PPI, unfortunately I was too smart (ironic grimace ) to ever fall for PPI and can't recall ever having it on any account. Having said that, with the older accounts I may have just forgotten I had it/not realised

Comment

BARCLAYS (LOAN)

Unsecured loan
                              Date commenced: 2008
                              Balance approx: £20,000

Date last full payment: 2009
                              Currently not paying
                              Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
                              Account owner: PRA

Key:
                              Red text = creditor action
                              blue text = my action
                              green text = comment

"Pre-approved" online loan given when I was a Barclays customer

July s.87 Default Notice served by Barclays
                              account assigned to PRA. Letter received from Barclays informing change of ownership
                              January Stopped payments
                              May chase letter received offering discount Ignored
                              June 8th sec.77-79 CCA request sent
                              June 14th Letter from PRA stating account on hold Ignored
                              June 16th SAR sent to Barclays
                              June 30th Letter from Barclays re the SAR, asking me to nominate a branch for them to despatch the SAR docs to, and that I will need to provide ID (passport, driving licence etc) in order to collect them. Apparently this is because I have changed address. Why can't they just post them to me?
                              Last edited by InvisibleMan; 30 June 2017, 16:17.

Comment

BARCLAYS

Loan
                                Date commenced: 2008
                                Balance approx: £20,000
                                Date last full payment: 2009
                                Currently not paying
                                Status in arrears, defaulted 2009
                                Account owner: PRA

"Pre-approved" online loan given when I was a Barclays customer

account assigned to PRA. Letter received from Barclays informing change of ownership
                                January Stopped payments
                                May chase letter received offering discount Ignored
                                June sec.77-79 CCA request sent
                                Since this is a £20k loan I wouldn't expect PRA to give up without a fight so now would be a good time to send a SAR to Barclays to see what information they hold about you.

There's a template here > http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post495040

Do you have any other debts which were owned by Barclays originally because one SAR will cover them all.

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X