GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my unenforceabilty journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owned by Link originally MBNA
    Credit card
    Started 2006
    £7900 outstanding
    Last full payments were in 2010/11
    Being paid on a DMP
    Defaulted and may not be on our credit file (will have to check).

CCA returned and checked by Niddy - UE
    Owned by Link

09/09/2018 - Several chasing letters have been sent sincle last updated

13/09/18 And another chasing letter

Comment

• Owned by Link, original creditor MBNA
      Credit card
      £2450
      Being paid on a DMP

15/05/2017 CCA returned and checked by Niddy as UE

09/09/2018 - Several chasing letters have been sent since last updated

15/09/18 - Another chasing letter (sigh!)

Comment

• they do take a break after a while it's their way of letting you know they care x
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post
          Owned by PRA Group, original creditor, Egg
          Credit card
          Unsure of start date
          £5900
          Being paid on a DMP

CCA request sent Feb 2017

31/05/17 Letter from PRA Group saying they are still awaiting the requested documentation and the account is on hold until they receive it.

08/08/18 - Statement of account received

28/09/18 Letter from PRA asking us to call them to arrange settlement of the account. We have also had many phone calls to the house phone, my phone and my husbands phone all one after the other. In my letter to them last year I told them I do not give them permission to phone... are they breaching some law by phoning?

Comment

28/09/18 Letter from PRA asking us to call them to arrange settlement of the account. We have also had many phone calls to the house phone, my phone and my husbands phone all one after the other. In my letter to them last year I told them I do not give them permission to phone... are they breaching some law by phoning?

If you were paying Egg in 2010 is it possible that this account may have been bought by Barclaycard in May 2011 when they purchased Egg's credit card portfolio?

When was this debt assigned (sold) to PRA and did you receive a Notice of Assignment from PRA which said who they had purchased it from?

These changes aren't always obvious when you're in a DMP.

I see that PRA have not complied with your s77-79 CCA Request sent in February 2017. Is that still the case?

Is this ex-Egg account in your name or your husbands name? If you've both been receiving telephone calls could those be in relation to another debt in a joint name (if there is one) which PRA may have recently purchased which could explain the sudden flurry of phone calls?

I believe this forum has a template letter you can send to stop telephone harassment.

Di

Comment

Owned by PRA Group, original creditor, Egg
              Credit card
              Unsure of start date
              £5900
              Being paid on a DMP

31/05/17 Letter from PRA Group saying they are still awaiting the requested documentation and the account is on hold until they receive it.

08/08/18 - Statement of account received
              09/08/2018 - Account summary received.

28/09/2018 - A 'could you settle your account' letter received offering a pitiful reduction in the ammount owed.

This is one of the accounts which we keep getting phone calls for... we don't take the calls so not sure exactly which account they're chasing althougfh we have never received a copy agreement and they said on 31/5/17 the account is on hold until the documentation is received.

Comment

PRA Group, originally Barclaycard
                Credit card
                Unsure of start date
                £1866.78
                Being paid on a DMP
                Both defaulted and may not be on our credit file (will have to check).

01/05/17 Letter from PRA Group saying they are still awaiting the requested documentation and the account is on hold until they receive it.
                03/06/17 Letter from PRA Group enclosing a letter from Barclaycard saying there's a reconstituted copy of the credit agreement including terms attached (but it only looks like the terms are attached and those terms give one address for me on one part and another address for me on another part). PRA Group have said they currently deem the account as unenforceable and then give the usual blurb about how they still have the right to chase it etc.
                05/09/17 - PRA sent statement of account
                26/10/2018 - Letter received asking if I could settle my account, offering a pitiful reduction. They have deemed this account as unenforceable so I'm pretty sure I won't settle my account!!!

Comment

Re: Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Owned by Link, original creditor MBNA
                  Credit card
                  £2450
                  Being paid on a DMP

05/10/2018 - Statement of account received

Comment

Owned by Link originally MBNA
                    Credit card
                    Started 2006
                    £7900 outstanding
                    Being paid on a DMP

Owned by Link

27/10/2018 - Statement of account received.

We have been receiving many phone calls from Link on all our phone numbers. Agreements have been deemed unenforceable by Niddy. We don't take the calls so don't know which accounts they apply to.

Comment

Re: Start of my unenforceabilty journey

So here goes with all of our debts:

Owned by Natwest, managed by Wescot
                      Bank loan and overdraft (combined by creditor for the DMP)
                      Loan commenced in July 2007, overdraft bank account commenced in the 1980's
                      £18800 outstanding
                      Last full payment in 2010/11
                      Being paid on a DMP
                      Defaulted

CCA request sent end of Feb 2017. Wescot wrote back advising us to request it from Natwest direct.
                      New CCA request sent 15th May 2017

23rd Oct 2017 - Letter from NatWest admitting the debt is unenforceable but asking us to pay anyway. I'll guard this with my life!
                      Sept 2018 - Several statements of account have been sent since last up dated.[/QUOTE]

20/10/2018 - This is an interesting one. We have had 3 letters (in the same envelope) from Nat West, each with different account numbers on but no value, saying the same thing. They have passed the account/s to Westcot Credit Services Ltd. Nat West deemed this unenforceable and I think it's because they merged the two accounts when the DMP was set up (it was a current account and a loan) but we've always paid it on one account number. Haven't heard from Westcot yet.

Comment

• It's nice to read your updates showing that the threats have stopped and you're now in control of the situation not them

Di

Comment

• Thank you, Di Still a long way to go though!

Comment

• PRA Group, originally Barclaycard
                            Credit card
                            Unsure of start date
                            £1866.78
                            Being paid on a DMP
                            Both defaulted and may not be on our credit file (will have to check).

01/05/17 Letter from PRA Group saying they are still awaiting the requested documentation and the account is on hold until they receive it.
                            03/06/17 Letter from PRA Group enclosing a letter from Barclaycard saying there's a reconstituted copy of the credit agreement including terms attached (but it only looks like the terms are attached and those terms give one address for me on one part and another address for me on another part). PRA Group have said they currently deem the account as unenforceable and then give the usual blurb about how they still have the right to chase it etc.
                            05/09/17 - PRA sent statement of account
                            Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post

26/10/2018 - Letter received asking if I could settle my account, offering a pitiful reduction. They have deemed this account as unenforceable so I'm pretty sure I won't settle my account!!!
                            7th Dec. 2018 - Letter offering a reduction if I pay now. Don't think I will though!
                            Last edited by unicorndeva; 4 February 2019, 20:42.

Comment

• Owned by Link originally MBNA
                              Credit card
                              Started 2006
                              £7900 outstanding
                              Being paid on a DMP

Owned by Link

Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post

27/10/2018 - Statement of account received.

We have been receiving many phone calls from Link on all our phone numbers. Agreements have been deemed unenforceable by Niddy. We don't take the calls so don't know which accounts they apply to.
                              Undated - Letter from Link without a date on saying that the debt was sold to IDR Finance UK II Ltd on 26/10/12. Also saying that even though they are entitled to ask for the whole amount now they would like us to pay by monthly direct debit (dd form at the bottom of the letter. I'm confused as this is the first I've heard of IDR Finance.

Comment

• Re: Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Owned by Link, original creditor MBNA
                                Credit card
                                £2450
                                Being paid on a DMP

05/10/2018 - Statement of account received

Undated - Letter from Link without a date on saying that the debt was sold to IDR Finance UK II Ltd on 26/10/12. Also saying that even though they are entitled to ask for the whole amount now they would like us to pay by monthly direct debit (dd form at the bottom of the letter. I'm confused as this is the first I've heard of IDR Finance.

Comment

Working...
                                X