GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my unenforceabilty journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for all the updates, I just wanted to put all the accounts in one place again.

Comment

• Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post
      Sorry for all the updates, I just wanted to put all the accounts in one place again.

No need to say sorry. We like updates

Di

Comment

Re: Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Owned by Natwest, managed by Wescot
        Bank loan and overdraft (combined by creditor for the DMP)
        Loan commenced in July 2007, overdraft bank account commenced in the 1980's
        £18800 outstanding
        Last full payment in 2010/11
        Being paid on a DMP
        Defaulted

CCA request sent end of Feb 2017. Wescot wrote back advising us to request it from Natwest direct.
        New CCA request sent 15th May 2017

23rd Oct 2017 - Letter from NatWest admitting the debt is unenforceable but asking us to pay anyway. I'll guard this with my life!
        Sept 2018 - Several statements of account have been sent since last up dated.[/QUOTE]

When you say NatWest "combined" your bank loan and overdraft do you mean that they effectively closed one or other or even both of the accounts and gave the new account a new reference number?

When you sent your s 77-79 CCA Request to NatWest did you put the loan account number or the bank account number or the DMP reference number on your request?

I ask in order to establish which of the two accounts is being considered as unenforceable by NatWest. Hopefully the answer will be both accounts due to a possible error by the bank.

Keep that letter safe in case they assign the account to a debt purchaser at a later date.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post
          Re: Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Owned by NCO-Arrow/Capquest, originally Empire stores
          Catalogue
          Started in 1998
          £1900
          Last full payments were in 2010/11
          Being paid on a DMP
          Shown by Arrow as being satisfactory???

CCA request Feb 201
          23/5/17 Letter from Arrow saying they're still awaiting the requested info.
          1st Nov 2017 - Letter from Arrow confirming that they are unable to provide a copy agreement and that they will no longer be chasing the debt!

5/12/2017 Letter from Arrow defaulting the account.

So nothing more from Arrow since December last year. That's good to hear

I don't know why they wrote to tell you that they had defaulted the account because the account should have been defaulted and terminated before it was assigned to them.

Perhaps that's why they have given up on this one.

Di

Comment

Owned by PRA Group original creditor, Egg
            Credit card
            Unsure of start date
            £6100
            Being paid on a DMP
            Defaulted and may not be on our credit file (will have to check).

CCA request Feb 2017

Letter from PRA group saying they're still awaiting requested info and the account is on hold until they receive it.

10/06/17 Letter from PRA group enclosing a credit agreement from Barclaycard/Egg which is actually just the T's and C's (no copy agreement attached) and it is also for the incorrect person - same name as my OH but a completely different address in a town that neither of us have ever visited let alone lived in. PRA group have deemed it unenforceable until further info is received... do I just file away?
            01/08/2017 - Statement of account from PRA

Yes, just file that one away for now and post up each time you hear from PRA.

Whatever happens don't tell them about the wrong address on the reconstituted credit agreement (Ts & Cs) in case they make an effort to find the correct address and reconstitute another one!

Di

Comment

Owned by Link originally MBNA
              Credit card
              Started 2006
              £7900 outstanding
              Being paid on a DMP

CCA returned and checked by Niddy - UE
              Owned by Link

09/09/2018 - Several chasing letters have been sent sincle last updated

When was this account assigned to Link, and when did you send the CCA Request to them (or did you send it to MBNA before the assignment?)?

Di

Comment

Owned by Barclays
                Overdraft
                Unsure of start date
                £670
                Being paid on a DMP
                Both defaulted and may not be on our credit file (will have to check).

August 2017 - SARS requested

When you say "both defaulted" do you mean there were two current accounts or do you mean that there was one joint account and both/each of you were defaulted?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

Sept 2018 - Several statements of account have been sent since last up dated.

When you say NatWest "combined" your bank loan and overdraft do you mean that they effectively closed one or other or even both of the accounts and gave the new account a new reference number?

When you sent your s 77-79 CCA Request to NatWest did you put the loan account number or the bank account number or the DMP reference number on your request?

I ask in order to establish which of the two accounts is being considered as unenforceable by NatWest. Hopefully the answer will be both accounts due to a possible error by the bank.

Keep that letter safe in case they assign the account to a debt purchaser at a later date.

Di

[/QUOTE]

We have 3 account numbers: 1 for the loan, 1 for the overdraft and a third combining the two... this is why I think they have told us it's unenforceable.

Comment

Owned by Cabot original creditor NRAM
                    Bank Loan
                    Commenced 2005
                    £13400 outstanding
                    Being paid on a DMP
                    Defaulted

CCA request Feb 2017
                    Letter from Cabot saying 'Northern Rock are unlikely to be able to provide the requested documentation. Therefore, I can confirm that Cabot have taken the decision to no longer pursue collection on this account. However the debt still remains.'
                    Does this mean they will sell it on and if so what do I do?
                    24/5/17 - Unenforceable letter received

That sounds like good news to me considering the size of the debt!

When was this account assigned to Cabot and how long was that before you sent your CCA Request to them in February 2017?

In some instances a debt purchaser can return the debt to the original creditor within a defined time limit. The original creditor may then decide to assign it to someone else.

Hopefully that won't happen but you did ask the question so I thought I should answer it

Di

Comment

• Owned by Barclays
                      Overdraft
                      Unsure of start date
                      £670
                      Being paid on a DMP
                      Both defaulted and may not be on our credit file (will have to check).

August 2017 - SARS requested
                      When you say "both defaulted" do you mean there were two current accounts or do you mean that there was one joint account and both/each of you were defaulted?

Di

There was one joint account and one account in my name. Both were defaulted and are off our credit files now.

These are strange ones as I was going to send the cca for bank accounts request but, as I haven't heard anything since the SARS request was sent I thought I'd leave it. Is that the right thing to do?

Comment

• Owned by Link originally MBNA
                        Credit card
                        Started 2006
                        £7900 outstanding
                        Being paid on a DMP

CCA returned and checked by Niddy - UE
                        Owned by Link

09/09/2018 - Several chasing letters have been sent sincle last updated
                        When was this account assigned to Link, and when did you send the CCA Request to them (or did you send it to MBNA before the assignment?)?

Di

Link have had this one for years... since we started our DMP. The CCA request was sent to Link last February.

Comment

• Owned by Cabot original creditor NRAM
                          Bank Loan
                          Commenced 2005
                          £13400 outstanding
                          Being paid on a DMP
                          Defaulted

CCA request Feb 2017
                          Letter from Cabot saying 'Northern Rock are unlikely to be able to provide the requested documentation. Therefore, I can confirm that Cabot have taken the decision to no longer pursue collection on this account. However the debt still remains.'
                          Does this mean they will sell it on and if so what do I do?
                          24/5/17 - Unenforceable letter received
                          That sounds like good news to me considering the size of the debt!

When was this account assigned to Cabot and how long was that before you sent your CCA Request to them in February 2017?

In some instances a debt purchaser can return the debt to the original creditor within a defined time limit. The original creditor may then decide to assign it to someone else.

Hopefully that won't happen but you did ask the question so I thought I should answer it

Di

Cabot have owned this one for years, since we started our DMP which was in 2011 (I think but will have to check).

Comment

• Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

No need to say sorry. We like updates

Di
                            Di, and everyone else on this forum, thank you so much for all your help with these debts. I cannot say enough what it means to me

Comment

• wned by Link, originally Barclaycard
                              Credit card
                              Unsure of start date
                              £1000
                              Being paid on a DMP

CCA requested Feb 2017

15/06/17 Letter from Link returning a CCA from Barclaycard which is actually just the T's and C's (no agreement), but it has two different addresses on. Sent to Niddy for checking.

29/06/17 Niddy says it's UE

5/9/2018 - Several chasing letters from Link this year

12/09/18 - Another chasing letter.

Comment

wned by Link, originally Barclaycard
                                Credit card
                                Unsure of start date
                                £1000
                                Being paid on a DMP

CCA requested Feb 2017

15/06/17 Letter from Link returning a CCA from Barclaycard which is actually just the T's and C's (no agreement), but it has two different addresses on. Sent to Niddy for checking.

29/06/17 Niddy says it's UE

5/9/2018 - Several chasing letters from Link this year

12/09/18 - Another chasing letter.
                                good job your running faster
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X