GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Start of my unenforceabilty journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes I was dragged kicking and screaming from another forum by an old witch and have been pretty much here ever since ( had a few breaks when life got in the way). Not actually sure just how much debt I was in, too frightening to count but it was in the 10,s of 1000,s. Last one went SB just a month ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
      one of a long line who are grateful for the excellent help and advice on this site.

I stumbled onto it in 2012 after I had been having difficulties, started following the advice, and didn't pay another penny to any of my alleged creditors.

I'm grateful to this site for the same reasons as you

I joined the forum over ten years ago after getting a claim from Santander for my ex Harrods store/credit card.

The rest, as they say, is history > https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17670803

Which is one reason why I'm still here today.

Di

Comment

• I can Echo everything that Still Waving, Warwick and Plan B have said

We were all where you were once, Been through similar experiences and got through it with the help of those here who took the time to understand and help, because they have lived it too

You are in a good place here and you are a part of the "AAD Family"

Post up whenever you feel the need and there will be someone about to offer support of help

Sounds to me that you are doing just great
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spud View Post
          You are in a good place here and you are a part of the "AAD Family"

Post up whenever you feel the need and there will be someone about to offer support

Aww. That’s exactly what this forum is all about

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post
            Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post
            Originally posted by unicorndeva View Post
            Re: Start of my unenforceabilty journey

Owned by RBS Mint, managed by Wescot
            Credit card
            Unsure of start date 2006?
            £2200
            Last full payments were in 2010/11
            Being paid on a DMP
            Defaulted and may not be on our credit file (will have to check).

23/8/2018 - Chasing letter from Resolvecall on behalf of Cabot

6/9/2018 - Doorstep visit from Resolvecall

7/9/2018 - CCA request sent to Cabot along with a letter (from templates) disallowing Cabot or their representatives to visit my home without an appointment.
            27/03/2021 - Still receiving chasing letters from Cabot despite the fact that they have'nt provided a copy of the original agreement. Do I request agreement again? Just worried they will turn up on my doorstep again.

21/05/2021 - Received a letter from Resolvecall who are working on behalf of Cabot chasing this debt. Do I need to do anything or just file away?

23/05/2021 - Sent the Harassment and Threat of Doorstep visit letter

8/6/2021 - Resolvecall phoned my mobile in the morning. An automated message asking me to press 1 if I was me and 2 if I wasn't. I just hung up. In the afternoon, I received a text message asking me to call them... I'm ignoring it!

Comment

• You're doing the right thing.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

8/6/2021 - Resolvecall phoned my mobile in the morning. An automated message asking me to press 1 if I was me and 2 if I wasn't. I just hung up. In the afternoon, I received a text message asking me to call them... I'm ignoring it!

It seems they've ignored you (twice!) so it makes sense for you to ignore them now

Di

Comment

• Are you able to block their number on your phone?

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
                    Are you able to block their number on your phone?
                    I will try

Comment

• Owned by RBS Mint, managed by Wescot
                      Credit card
                      £2200
                      Being paid on a DMP

7/9/2018 - CCA request sent to Cabot along with a letter (from templates) disallowing Cabot or their representatives to visit my home without an appointment.
                      27/03/2021 - Still receiving chasing letters from Cabot despite the fact that they have'nt provided a copy of the original agreement. Do I request agreement again? Just worried they will turn up on my doorstep again.

21/05/2021 - Received a letter from Resolvecall who are working on behalf of Cabot chasing this debt. Do I need to do anything or just file away?

9/6/2021 - Another recorded message phone call from Resolvecall plus a letter from them too.

Comment

9/6/2021 - Another recorded message phone call from Resolvecall plus a letter from them too.

What does the letter say (just the gist, not word-for-word)?

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by PlanB View Post

What does the letter say (just the gist, not word-for-word)?

Di
                          It just tells me what the outstanding balance with Cabot is and to call Resolvecall if I want any further information.

Comment

Credit card
                            £2200
                            Being paid on a DMP

10/6/2021 - Yet another text message from Resolvecall. I think they've been phoning me too but I haven't been picking up.

Comment

It just tells me what the outstanding balance with Cabot is and to call Resolvecall if I want any further information.
                              You don't want any further information from Resolvecall, do you? File it.

Comment

Credit card
                                £2200
                                Being paid on a DMP

10/6/2021 - Yet another text message from Resolvecall. I think they've been phoning me too but I haven't been picking up.

26/03/22 - This account is now back with Cabot who are constantly messaging me now - it's getting annoying! Can I remind them that they haven't supplied a cca or just put up with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X