GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RhodriMawr's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RhodriMawr's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robinson Way
    Type of Account –
    Tesco Credit Card

Date Commenced –
    Approx 2000

Approx Balance -
    £6854

Date Last Paid -
    > 9 Years Ago

Arrangement –
    The Debt Charity Formerly Known as CCCS

Status –
    Last Payment February 2017

Account Owner –
    Robinson Way

March 21

st
    CCA Request Sent.

September 23rd -
    The worst reverse since I started the journey. After 6 months I have received a copy of my signed application form from October 2000 with reconstituted terms and a few statements. Have sent to Niddy and he believes it is ENFORCEABLE.
    October 2nd - Niddy has had another look and has confirmed missing T & C's hopefully making this one now UNENFORCEABLE.

September 26th - Notice of Assignment "We are writing to inform you that Hoist Portfolio Holding Limited ("HPH") has assigned all of its respective rights, interest, benefit and entitlement in respect of the above referenced account (including the outstanding balance) to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 Limited ("HFUKH2L"). The assignment has simply taken place as part of a Hoist Finance Group restructure where ownership of your account has been transferred from one part of the Hoist Finance Group to another"

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
      Robinson Way
      Type of Account –
      Tesco Credit Card

Date Commenced –
      Approx 2000

Approx Balance -
      £6854

Date Last Paid -
      > 9 Years Ago

Arrangement –

Status –

Account Owner –
      Robinson Way

March 21

st
      CCA Request Sent.

September 23rd -
      The worst reverse since I started the journey. After 6 months I have received a copy of my signed application form from October 2000 with reconstituted terms and a few statements. Have sent to Niddy and he believes it is ENFORCEABLE.
      October 2nd - Niddy has had another look and has confirmed missing T & C's hopefully making this one now UNENFORCEABLE.

September 26th - Notice of Assignment "We are writing to inform you that Hoist Portfolio Holding Limited ("HPH") has assigned all of its respective rights, interest, benefit and entitlement in respect of the above referenced account (including the outstanding balance) to Hoist Finance UK Holdings 2 Limited ("HFUKH2L"). The assignment has simply taken place as part of a Hoist Finance Group restructure where ownership of your account has been transferred from one part of the Hoist Finance Group to another"
      AHHH it all slots into place now,

couple of us have received these, it appears that they are slotting alot of accounts into 1,2 &3

HFUKH1L = Barclay card, I got this one.
      HFUKH2L = some one got one but can't find the post
      HFUKH3L = Tesco will wait and see if I get one for my account
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I will double check , but I am Tesco and have been assigned #2L.

Comment

I have had the same letter re Hoist and moving "alleged" debts around. This relates to Barclaycard, FOS judgement years ago that they were unable to comply with CCA request and well statute barred as well now. Let's see what they do next.

Comment

24th December 2017, 11:43

26th August 2017, 09:33

Type of Account – Lloyds TSB Credit Card
            Date Commenced – Approx 2000
            Approx Balance - £4324
            Date Last Paid - > 9 Years Ago
            Arrangement – The Debt Charity Formerly Known as CCCS
            Status – Last Payment February 2017
            Account Owner – Lloyds Bank collected by Robinson Way Ex Scottish Widows Card.

March 21st – CCA Request Sent.

April27th - Letter received from RW dated April 22nd stating that they have been informed by their client that the CCA request had been actioned and the relevant documents posted to me. Nothing received so far.

June 14th - No CCA has been provided so far. I have today received a letter from Lloyds Bank informing me that the debt has been transferred to DCA Moorcroft Group for collection. Do I need to do anything?

June 23rd - Moorcroft have made contact. A text asking me to contact them and two letters warning of possible further actions. All ignored.

July- A couple of letters received offering monthly instalment offers, saying that they will continue to try and make contact with me and threatening referral to their Home Collection Division and the possible continued reporting of an adverse entry to my credit file.

August 15th- After replying to Moorcroft's last letter pointing out that Lloyds TSB and not fulfilled my CCA request, that the account had been passed to them from RW while in dispute and also pointing out that I was not inviting their doorstep collectors to visit my property, I have received a reply dated 15/08 stating that the account is on hold for 30 days while Moorcroft contact the Client for the CCA. They also emphasise that they are not enforcing the debt, only trying to get me to cooperate in making affordable payments. That will be a monthly arrangement of £0:00 until they can come up with an enforceable credit agreement.

August 26th- Letter received today from Lloyds Pitreavie CC Operations that also had my previous letter to Moorcroft attached. The letter states that I have not provided a valid account number and they cant trace my account with the details provided. The details provided included my name , address, Moorcroft Client Reference Number and another Moorcroft Reference Number. They also state "Please be aware that S78 only applies during the lifetime of an agreement. If you're account has been closed and paid in full then there would no longer be a regulated agreement between us. In view of the above we are unable to provide you with documentation as requested.

December 13th - Letter received from Lloyds Bank Plc (with Account number) stating that due to my lack of cooperation in agreeing a suitable repayment plan, they have instructed Wescot Credit Service to arrange collection of the outstanding debt. This has been followed by the Wescot introductory letter and a barrage of telephone calls and text messages. They should know by now I don't usually respond!

March 2nd - Letter received from Lloyds stating that as "we haven't been able to agree a suitable repayment plan we've transferred your Lloyds Bank Plc debt to debt collection agency Moorcroft Group" . Followed a few days letter by the standard Moorcroft introductory letter.

Comment

All together now, "the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round."

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr
                24th December 2017, 11:43

Type of Account – Lloyds TSB Credit Card
                Date Commenced – Approx 2000
                Approx Balance - £4324
                Date Last Paid - > 9 Years Ago
                Arrangement – The Debt Charity Formerly Known as CCCS
                Status – Last Payment February 2017
                Account Owner – Lloyds Bank collected by Robinson Way Ex Scottish Widows Card.

August 26th- Letter received today from Lloyds Pitreavie CC Operations that also had my previous letter to Moorcroft attached. The letter states that I have not provided a valid account number and they cant trace my account with the details provided. The details provided included my name , address, Moorcroft Client Reference Number and another Moorcroft Reference Number. They also state "Please be aware that S78 only applies during the lifetime of an agreement. If you're account has been closed and paid in full then there would no longer be a regulated agreement between us. In view of the above we are unable to provide you with documentation as requested.

^ ^ ^ ^ that letter from Lloyds is interesting (in which they say they can't trace your account so unable to provide you with documentation in response to your s77-79 CCA Request).

I expect they'll assign the debt to a debt purchaser when they run out DCA's to chase you. Although if they can't trace your account how can they sell it on

Di

Comment

The reason that I now know that this is a Scottish Widows card is that Lloyds have been sending me an annual statement. The debt collection process for the card has never included the account number or the original debt owner, only reference numbers which I have quoted on my CCA requests. What know regarding this account is whether I had PPI or not?. Should I request a SAR direct from Lloyds quoting the account number or let sleeping dogs lie? Thoughts appreciated.

Comment

a SAR is now free, so you wont be spending anything, plus it will give you a general idea of what is going on,

Comment

• 31st March 2018, 18:30

Good Evening.

12 Months into my journey and so a quick update.

Total amount of debt when I sent out CCA requests and stopped payments = £42K

Total amount of debt for which I have had no acknowledgement of my CCA request or any statements / requests for payment =£12K

Total amount of debt for which the creditor has stated they can not provide a CCA due to the age of the debt, but still expect me to pay (Good luck with that) = £10.5K

Total amount written off by creditor = £2K

Total amount for which no CCA has been provided but the debt gets passed from one DCA to another = £7.5K

Total amount for which a potentially legitimate CCA has been issued, but I have been laying low with no further correspondence other than the CCA request = £9K.

All figures have been rounded off to the nearest K, hence the 1K discrepancy.

Been little correspondence for the last couple of months, fingers crossed for a quiet 2018. The fact that I have not sent off any SWID or missing T & C's can hopefully buy me a bit of time with those who have provided a CCA, if the need arises.

April 2019 - How quickly the years go by! Not much to update from last year. Award for best perseverance goes to PRA Group for their constant letters chasing a little over £300 that they stated they had no CCA for, another year of the chasing and they will have forked that much out on postage. Probably the biggest disappointment was FOS allowing Tesco to purchase back from current debt owners HPH the amount of PPI I had reclaimed. That was last July, I haven't heard anything further from Tesco or HPH since. All in all a very quiet 12 months, long may it continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
                        The reason that I now know that this is a Scottish Widows card is that Lloyds have been sending me an annual statement. The debt collection process for the card has never included the account number or the original debt owner, only reference numbers which I have quoted on my CCA requests. What know regarding this account is whether I had PPI or not?. Should I request a SAR direct from Lloyds quoting the account number or let sleeping dogs lie? Thoughts appreciated.

I'd be inclined to let sleeping dogs lie for now, don't draw attention to yourself in case they try harder to find the information within their systems.

If/when they assign (sell) the account to a debt purchaser you could send the SAR to Lloyds to see any interaction between them (Lloyds) and the new debt owner.

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
                          Robinson Way
                          Type of Account
                          Tesco Credit Card
                          Date Commenced
                          Approx. 2000
                          Approx Balance -
                          £6854
                          Date Last Paid -
                          > 9 Years Ago
                          Arrangement
                          Status
                          Account Owner
                          Robinson Way
                          March 21st
                          CCA Request Sent.
                          September 23rd -
                          August 7th, 2018 – Debt reduced by £1549.06 following a PPI claim in which Tesco bought back the amount equal to the redress from HPH. I disputed this approach, but the FOS came down on the side of Tesco.

September 10th, 2019 Letter from bpo collection requesting payment as they are acting on behalf of Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd. (Few phone calls and texts, number now blocked).

Comment

• Robinson Way
                            Type of Account
                            Tesco Credit Card
                            Date Commenced
                            Approx. 2000
                            Approx Balance -
                            £6854
                            Date Last Paid -
                            > 9 Years Ago
                            Arrangement
                            Status
                            Account Owner
                            Robinson Way
                            March 21st
                            CCA Request Sent.
                            September 23rd -
                            August 7th, 2018 – Debt reduced by £1549.06 following a PPI claim in which Tesco bought back the amount equal to the redress from HPH. I disputed this approach, but the FOS came down on the side of Tesco.

September 10th, 2019 Letter from bpo collection requesting payment as they are acting on behalf of Hoist Portfolio Holdings 2 Ltd. (Few phone calls and texts, number now blocked).

Comment

• Type of Account –
                              Lombard Direct CC
                              Date Commenced –
                              November 1999
                              Approx Balance -
                              £197
                              Date Last Paid -
                              > 9 Years Ago
                              Arrangement –
                              Status –
                              Account Owner –
                              Westcot (Acting for RBS)
                              April 27th - What looks to me like a good legible signed copy of an agreement is supplied. Interestingly I have ticked the "Credit Card Repayment Protection" box so I am replying with a SAR unless anybody strongly recommends I shouldn't.
                              Update August 2017 - I did a SAR for this Lombard CC and found out that I had previously received a PPI refund on the account. I then put in a claim for refund of a number of charges between £18 and £20 and received a reply that they would not be refunding and would not cooperate if I escalated the claimto the FO because of the 6 year rule. Interestingly when I checked the terms and conditions I received when I did a CCA request, charges are specified as been £12:00, does this constitute incorrect / missing terms and conditions?
                              August 15th 2017 - Notice of Assignment from Nat West Cards Customer Services that my account has been sold to Cabot and an introductory letter from Cabot promising that my experience will be different. I will wait until they get forceful and then request a CCA and issue SWID?
                              July 22nd 2019 - Letter from Cabot, " we are waiting to hear from you"
                              September 20th 2019 - Because they have failed to contact me, CABOT have instructed Resolvecall to carry out a home visit.

Comment

• RBS
                                Type of Account –
                                Inactive Creditor (Scottish Widows Credit Card)
                                Date Commenced –
                                Approx 2000
                                Approx Balance -
                                £3627.19
                                Date Last Paid -
                                > 9 Years Ago
                                Arrangement –
                                Status –
                                Account Owner –
                                Westcot Credit Services (Acting on Behalf of RBS)
                                March 21st – CCA Request Sent to Wescot.
                                April 19th - CCA Request re-sent to Westcot with PO made out to Lloyds as requested by Wescot.
                                June 9th - Letter received from Lloyds stating that I have not provided a valid account number and they cannot trace the account with the details provided ! Begs the question where have my monthly payments been sent? Any ideas how to progress this one please?
                                January 8th - Statement from Lloyds.
                                March 2nd - Letter from Lloyds that they are instructing MDR to recover the amount owed.
                                March 6th - Introductory letter from MDR.
                                March 14th - Letter of "possible further action" from MDR.
                                March 28th - Monthly Instalment Offer from MDR.
                                April 11th - Letter from MDR that they have been asked to review options by Lloyds.
                                April 25th - Letter from MDR that my account has been passed to the Home Collections Division.
                                August 8th - Discount offer from MDR.
                                September 3rd - Letter from Lloyds that the collection of the debt has bee transferred to Credit Security Limited, introductory letter from CSL received.
                                September 11th - Notice of Further Action Letter from CSL.
                                September 24th - Limited Time Discount offer from CSL.

Comment

Working...
                                X