GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RhodriMawr's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RhodriMawr's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robinson Way
    Type of Account – Tesco Credit Card
    Date Commenced – Approx 2000
    Approx Balance - £6854
    Date Last Paid - > 9 Years Ago
    Arrangement – The Debt Charity Formerly Known as CCCS
    Status – Last Payment February 2017
    Account Owner – Robinson Way
    March 21stCCA Request Sent.
    September 23rd - The worst reverse since I started the journey. After 6 months I have received a copy of my signed application form from October 2000 with reconstituted terms and a few statements. Have sent to Niddy and he believes it is ENFORCEABLE.
    October 2nd - Niddy has had another look and has confirmed missing T & C's hopefully making this one now UNENFORCEABLE.

Comment

Can anybody tell me whether HPH Ltd are a debt buyer or collector please?

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
        Can anybody tell me whether HPH Ltd are a debt buyer or collector please?
        I think HPH are purchasers, and they have Robbers Way as their collection arm, someone else may know different though
        When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
          Robinson Way
          Type of Account – Tesco Credit Card
          Approx Balance - £6854
          Account Owner – Robinson Way
          March 21stCCA Request Sent.
          September 23rd - The worst reverse since I started the journey. After 6 months I have received a copy of my signed application form from October 2000 with reconstituted terms and a few statements. Have sent to Niddy and he believes it is ENFORCEABLE.
          October 2nd - Niddy has had another look and has confirmed missing T & C's hopefully making this one now UNENFORCEABLE.

Is this debt owned by Robinson Way or are they acting as the Debt Collecting Agent for Hoist Portfolio which is a debt purchaser?

I ask because Hoist Portfolio are unlicensed

Di

Comment

Hi Diane, yes the debt is owned by Hoist.

Comment

I know this might be a stupid question, but what are the implications of the debt been currently owned by an unlicensed company?

Comment

Well can you drive a Car without a Driving Licence? Personally I would put this at the back of your mind.
                Niddy has confirmed UE and that is Great News!! It means they haven't fulfilled your s 78 request and in Law its Unenforcible.
                No communication with them! Keep a record of phone calls, txts and letters they send in your diary! Post details on here of their letters and the MODS will no doubt suggest your response or non response.
                But that great news from NIDDY!

Comment

Sorry about the duplicate postings!!

Comment

If it’s unlicensed they they legally cant do anything.
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

26th August 2017, 09:33

Type of Account – Lloyds TSB Credit Card
                      Approx Balance - £4324
                      Account Owner – Lloyds Bank collected by Robinson Way
                      March 21st – CCA Request Sent.

April27th - Letter received from RW dated April 22nd stating that they have been informed by their client that the CCA request had been actioned and the relevant documents posted to me. Nothing received so far.

June 14th - No CCA has been provided so far. I have today received a letter from Lloyds Bank informaing me that the debt has been transferred to DCA Moorcroft Group for collection. Do I need to do anything?

June 23rd - Moorcroft have made contact. A text asking me to contact them and two letters warning of possible further actions. All ignored.

July - A couple of letters received offering monthly instalment offers,saying that they will continue to try and make contact with me and threatning referral to their Home Collection Division and the possible continued reporting of an adverse entry to my credit file.

August 15th- After replying to Moorcroft's last letter pointing out that Lloyds TSB and not fulfilled my CCA request, that the account had been passed to them from RW while in dispute and also pointing out that I was not inviting their doorstep collectors to visit my property, I have received a reply dated 15/08 stating that the account is on hold for 30 days while Moorcroft contact the Client for the CCA. They also emphasise that they are not enforcing the debt,only trying to get me to cooperate in making affordable payments. That will be a monthly arrangement of £0:00 until they can come up with an enforcable credit agreement.

August 26th- Letter received today from Lloyds Pitreavie CC Operations that also had my previous letter to Moorcroft attached. The letter states that I have not provided a valid account number and they cant trace my account with the details provided. The details provided included my name , address, Moorcroft Client Reference Number and another Moorcroft Reference Number. They also state "Please be aware that S78 only applies during the lifetime of an agreement. If you're account has been closed and paid in full then there would no longer be a regulated agreement between us. In view of the above we are unable to provide you with documentation as requested.

December 13th -
                      Letter received from Lloyds Bank Plc (with Account number) stating that due to my lack of cooperation in agreeing a suitable repayment plan, they have instructed Wescot Credit Service to arrange collection of the outstanding debt.This has been followed by the Wescot introductory letter and a barrage of telephone calls and text messages.They should know by now I dont usually respond!

Happy Christmas everyone.
                      Last edited by RhodriMawr; 24 December 2017, 11:00.

Comment

wetcloths (Wescot) are only collectors so account is still with Lloyds, they do not buy debts - just for your info
                        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi

When you have written to the DCA, I trust that you have been careful not to acknowledge the debt?

Comment

No, I have referred to it as an “alleged debt”.

Comment

Good Evening.

12 Months into my journey and so a quick update.

Total amount of debt when I sent out CCA requests and stopped payments = £42K

Total amount of debt for which I have had no acknowledgement of my CCA request or any statements / requests for payment =£12K

Total amount of debt for which the creditor has stated they can not provide a CCA due to the age of the debt, but still expect me to pay (Good luck with that) = £10.5K

Total amount written off by creditor = £2K

Total amount for which no CCA has been provided but the debt gets passed from one DCA to another = £7.5K

Total amount for which a potentially legitimate CCA has been issued, but I have been laying low with no further correspondence other than the CCA request = £9K.

All figures have been rounded off to the nearest K, hence the 1K discrepancy.

Been little correspondence for the last couple of months, fingers crossed for a quiet 2018. The fact that I have not sent off any SWID or missing T & C's can hopefully buy me a bit of time with those who have provided a CCA, if the need arises.

Comment

That’s great news, long may it last until they are all SB!

Comment

Working...
                                X