GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RhodriMawr's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RhodriMawr's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RhodriMawr's UE Journey

Result , as NW says keep letter very safe xx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, safely filed away. Why keep the envelopes when the letters are dated?
      Last edited by RhodriMawr; 29 April 2017, 13:45.

Comment

Always best to keep everything can't hurt xxx anyhow the dates could differ.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

you always put the date you received it as the date on the letter could differ from the date posted; example;
          you get a letter on 10th May 2015, dated 2nd of May 2015,giving you 7 days from the date of the letter to reply, or else, so that means that you cannot reply in time as it was sent snail mail,
          it can't have been posted then as it was a bank holiday, the envelope says it was 2nd class post,
          if this was taken further by the DCA, it can be argued as unfair advantage by them.
          Ok, lesson over return to your bank holiday fun xx

Comment

Type of Account - Monument Credit Card
            Date Commenced – Approx 2003
            Approx Balance - £2088
            Date Last Paid - > 9 Years Ago
            Arrangement – The Debt Charity Formerly Known as CCCS
            Status – Last Payment February 2017
            Account Owner – NCO Arrow
            March 21st – CCA request sent
            April 3rd - Reply from NCO Arrow stating that they are not the creditor as envisaged by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 but will process my request with the creditor while suspending collection activity.
            April 6th – Letter from NCO Resolve asking me to contact them urgently as I have missed two payments and outlining further actions that may be taken (ignored).
            April 20th - Letter from NCO Resolve warning that if I fail to repay the amounts due they will take steps to terminate my loan agreement and register a default with the Credit Reference Agencies.
            April 28th - Two phone calls (Ignored) on my mobile from NCO Resolve.

Comment

Type of Account – Lombard Direct CC
              Date Commenced – November 1999
              Approx Balance - £197
              Account Owner – Westcot (Acting for RBS)
              March 21st – CCA Request Sent.
              April 27th - What looks to me like a good legible signed copy of an agreement is supplied. Interestingly I have ticked the "Credit Card Repayment Protection" box so I am replying with a SAR unless anybody strongly recommends I shouldn't.

Last edited by RhodriMawr; 30 April 2017, 12:30.

Comment

hang on there, step away from the button!!! send it to Niddy as if you were paying PPI it should have the T&C for that as well

NW

Comment

Hi , the reasons I was going to SAR was because of the relatively low balance and the fact any PPI refund would eclipse the balance.

Comment

ok then SAR to Lombard, good luck xx

Comment

Good luck indeed x

Comment

Approx Balance - £2088
                        April 3rd - Reply from NCO Arrow stating that they are not the creditor as envisaged by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 but will process my request with the creditor while suspending collection activity.
                        April 6th – Letter from NCO Resolve asking me to contact them urgently as I have missed two payments and outlining further actions that may be taken (ignored).
                        April 20th - Letter from NCO Resolve warning that if I fail to repay the amounts due they will take steps to terminate my loan agreement and register a default with the Credit Reference Agencies.
                        June 9th - No response received regarding my CCA request.I have received numerous letters from Arrow Global / NCO Resolve requesting payment and received a Default Notice dated 03/06.2017. I have no evidence but suspect a default notice would have been placed on the account many years ago.Can anyone advise on how to respond please. Thanks.

Comment

RBS
                          Type of Account – Inactive Creditor (Possibly a Nat West Credit Card)
                          Date Commenced – Approx 2000
                          Approx Balance - £3601
                          Account Owner – Westcot Credit Services (Acting on Behalf of RBS)
                          March 21st – CCA Request Sent to Wescot.
                          April 19th - CCA Request re-sent to Westcot with PO made out to Lloyds as requested by Wescot.
                          June 9th - Letter received from Lloyds stating that I have not provided a valid account number and they cannot trace the account with the details provided ! Begs the question where have my monthly payments been sent? Any ideas how to progress this one please?

Last edited by RhodriMawr; 9 June 2017, 19:54.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
                            RBS
                            Type of Account – Inactive Creditor (Possibly a Nat West Credit Card)
                            Date Commenced – Approx 2000
                            Approx Balance - £3601
                            Account Owner – Westcot Credit Services (Acting on Behalf of RBS)
                            March 21st – CCA Request Sent to Wescot.
                            April 19th - CCA Request re-sent to Westcot with PO made out to Lloyds as requested by Wescot.
                            June 9th - Letter received from Lloyds stating that I have not provided a valid account number and they cannot trace the account with the details provided ! Begs the question where have my monthly payments been sent? Any ideas how to progress this one please?

Is the number an in-house reference from Westcott instead of account number.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
                              Approx Balance - £2088
                              June 9th - No response received regarding my CCA request.I have received numerous letters from Arrow Global / NCO Resolve requesting payment and received a Default Notice dated 03/06.2017. I have no evidence but suspect a default notice would have been placed on the account many years ago.Can anyone advise on how to respond please. Thanks.
                              Whilst they are in default of your CCA request they cannot legally enforce, though this is remedied if they supply a correct CCA.

As for the default, I would guess that a SAR would be the way forward, but woul suggest waiting for someone else to claify

Comment

In house Westcot number and a account reference number which I am not sure about. Certainly is not a 16 digit card number. I will go back to Westcot.

Comment

Working...
                                X