GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script RhodriMawr's UE Journey - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RhodriMawr's UE Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RhodriMawr's UE Journey

I would just send NCO Resolve a copy of the letter from Arrow saying collection in on hold, ask them to kindly have a chat with the bloke at the next desk (Arrow) as to why they are harrassing you for payment ,when it clearly states that collection activity is on hold, (for this ALLEDGED debt.)
    ie: Dear Nobby, ( your ref xxx) I received a recent letter from you that has me puzzled, I take it that your computer and your central computer work on differing operating systems, as I received the enclosed letter from Arrow, clearly stating that collection activity would be put on hold,while my request to them was looked into. yet I have received many a letter from you stating what will happen if I do not contact you. I have now contacted you. I still await a reply from Arrow so will not contact you again untill my request is answered by Arrow, I suggest you contact Arrow for further information.

With many hugs and kisses xxx
    April 20th - Letter from NCO Resolve warning that if I fail to repay the amounts due they will take steps to terminate my loan agreement and register a default with the Credit Reference Agencies.
    I don't see how they can terminate the loan or register a default, as they both must of happened for the loan to be sold to a DC, also if Arrow keep saying they are not the creditor they cannot register a default with the CRA's

PS. this is only my hoppinion
    Last edited by nightwatch; 10 June 2017, 15:21. Reason: sarcastic mind
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by RhodriMawr View Post
        Type of Account - Monument Credit Card
        Date Commenced – Approx 2003
        Approx Balance - £2088

April 20th - Letter from NCO Resolve warning that if I fail to repay the amounts due they will take steps to terminate my loan agreement and register a default with the Credit Reference Agencies.
        June 9th -
        No response received regarding my CCA request.I have received numerous letters from Arrow Global / NCO Resolve requesting payment and received a Default Notice dated 03/06.2017. I have no evidence but suspect a default notice would have been placed on the account many years ago.Can anyone advise on how to respond please.
        You don't need to respond to NCO Resolve's letter. They are a DCA so have little power.

Are you sure you've received a Default Notice - is it headed Default Notice - Section 87(1) CCA etc?

Your account should have been defaulted by Monument (was it subsequently a Barclaycard because some were?) before the account was terminated and assigned to Arrow.

Arrow can't issue a DN since they are not a 'credit giver'. A DN tells you what you've done wrong and what you must do to remedy it. If you pay the amount asked by the remedy date then they would have to reinstate your account which Arrow can't do since they don't provide credit facilities.

You say you've had no response to your CCA Request sent 21st March. Are you sure it's arrived? Have you checked Royal Mail Track & Trace?

Di

Comment

Hi Diana, letter states "Important- you should read this carefully. This is a default notice served under section 87 (1) of the CCA 1974. Remedy date is 30/06/2017.

The card was never a Barclaycard. My CCA request was sent to Arrow Global. On the 03/04 they sent me an acknowledgement of my request for documentation under CCA 1974. They stated "we do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course. We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents. We return the payment of £1:00.

Further letter 08/05 stating they where still waiting receipt of copy documentation from the originating creditor and thanking me for my continued patience.
          Last edited by RhodriMawr; 10 June 2017, 20:03.

Comment

My CCA request was sent to Arrow Global. On the 03/04 they sent me an acknowledgement of my request for documentation under CCA 1974. They stated "we do not accept that we are the creditor as envisaged by the above statute. However, we are willing to assist in obtaining that which has been requested. We will now process your request for documentation from the creditor and will revert in due course. We confirm that all collection activity will be suspended pending provision of the documents. We return the payment of £1:00.

Further letter 08/05 stating they where still waiting receipt of copy documentation from the originating creditor and thanking me for my continued patience.
            That Arrow letter is a standard template of theirs.

I'd send a copy of it to NCO (as NW has suggested) with a one liner saying please see attached.

Out of interest does NCO's letter (or any previous letters from Arrow) say the account is owned by Arrow Global Ltd or Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd? I have a reason for asking

Di

Comment

The acknowledgment letter refrenced Arrow Global Guernsey, but no mention of Guernsey in the "Default " letter.

Comment

The acknowledgment letter refrenced Arrow Global Guernsey, but no mention of Guernsey in the "Default " letter.
                Then I expect the debt is owned by Arrow Global Guernsey which will cause them a few problems if they attempt legal proceedings

Di

Comment

Thanks, I will send the letter.

Comment

Bet Re: RhodriMawr's UE Journey
                    Robinson Way
                    Type of Account – Lloyds TSB Credit Card
                    Date Commenced – Approx 2000
                    Approx Balance - £4324
                    Date Last Paid - > 9 Years Ago
                    Arrangement – The Debt Charity Formerly Known as CCCS
                    Status – Last Payment February 2017
                    Account Owner – Robinson Way
                    March 21st – CCA Request Sent.

April27th - Letter received from RW dated April 22nd stating that they have been informed by their client that the CCA request had been actioned and the relevant documents posted to me. Nothing received so far.

June 14th - No CCA has
                    been provided so far. I have today received a letter from Lloyds Bank informaing me that the debt has been transferred to DCA Moorcroft Group. Do I need to do anything?

Last edited by RhodriMawr; 14 June 2017, 16:21.

Comment

Moorcroft are only collectors
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just wait and see what Moorcroft send x

Comment

And after a series of template letters from them it will probably end with an obligatory discount offer, maybe around 30-40% off, before it gets sent back to Lloyds who will either send it on to another for collection, or sell it.
                          Last edited by alfie; 14 June 2017, 19:12. Reason: edit

Comment

The original request was received and as they are in default it still cannot be enforced. As everyone has said ignore.

Comment

Capital One
                              Type of Account
                              Date Commenced – Approx 2000
                              Approx Balance - £1848:10
                              Account Owner – Capital One

21/03/2017 CCA request sent

07/04/2017 - Reply received with reconstituted copy of the original agreement which included my signature. Sent to Niddy replied as "Looks Dodgy" no further actions taken so far.

04/06/2017- Debt has been passes on to Apex Credit Management to arrange collection.

Comment

RhodriMawr's UE Journey
                                Barclaycard Visa
                                Type of Account - Credit Card
                                Date Commenced – Approx 1996
                                Approx Balance - £7,514.06

Account Owner – Cabot Financial Europe
                                March 21st– CCA Request sent

Barclaycard Mastercard
                                Type of Account - CreditCard
                                Date Commenced – Approx1998
                                Approx Balance - £4710
                                Date Last Paid - > 9 YearsAgo
                                Status – LastPayment February 2017
                                Account Owner – Cabot Financial Europe
                                March 21st– CCA Request sent

I have not had any response from Cabot to my request for CCA's for the above debts. No payment has been made since February. I did not use Track and Trace when I sent the CCA , only proof of posting, should I resend my CCA request.

Last edited by RhodriMawr; 17 June 2017, 15:08.

Comment

Working...
                                X